Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security apps turning themselves off??

Options
  • 04-03-2016 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Have been running Windows 10 for a while and have Kaspersky Internet Security and the license has another 390 days on it.

For some reason, starting since around Tuesday/Wednesday when my laptop boots i get a notification saying "Security apps are switched off".
    There was an update around the time this manifested itself, timeline points to this being the cause but what are the chances??

Anyone else experienced similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

So this all gets disabled/turned off every time you boot Windows? I'd try repairing the install (Control panel, programs, right click on the application and click repair). And if that doesn't work I would reinstall it altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

So this all gets disabled/turned off every time you boot Windows? I'd try repairing the install (Control panel, programs, right click on the application and click repair). And if that doesn't work I would reinstall it altogether.

Yeah everything is off. Yet when I look at task manager kaspersky seems to be running.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Check Windows Defender, it may have turned itself on which can force other AV suites off.

Advertisement