Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are 360 degree CCTV cameras a viable replacement for typical bullet/dome cameras?

Options
  • 04-03-2016 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

We have a fairly large outdoor area we need to cover with CCTV- are 360 degree cameras a viable replacement for typical bullet/dome cameras? They're definitely a lot more expensive but as I need a lot of angles I'm thinking that they may work out the same or cheaper and have the added benefit of catching a few angles I might otherwise miss. That's only ok though if they're decent- any advice on this, how does focus work etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It's hard to know without a site visit. 360 cameras have their place but they're not a replacement for standard cameras IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭summereire

I like the area that they can cover with a single installation but am not so sure how that works with focus and their view of people in the distance so any first hand experience very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It will depend in the spec of the camera and whether it has a high enough resolution to see the detail you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭summereire

With a high spec 360 camera can it replace regular cameras- i.e. like for like spec do 360 essentially do what regular cameras do or are there any limitations?

Advertisement