Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router help

Options
  • 04-03-2016 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to improve my mobile broadband, I have a three router with no option to connect an antenna. I was thinking of a new router which I can put my SIM in to and an antenna too. I'm Hoping someone can recommend a mid price solution.

Thanks in advance

Esto

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

What's the exact problem you require a solution for? Do you feel there is a problem related to a weak signal?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Esto Fidelis

TheChizler wrote: »
    What's the exact problem you require a solution for? Do you feel there is a problem related to a weak signal?

Yes I have weak signal so was hoping if I was able to stick up an antenna it would help the mifi cannot take the antenna I'm only about 500 mts from the mast

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yes I have weak signal so was hoping if I was able to stick up an antenna it would help the mifi cannot take the antenna I'm only about 500 mts from the mast

Are you sure you have weak signal and not slow speed? The two are not the same. At that proximity it would be unusual to have coverage issues unless you live in a bunker.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭chainsmoker556

Mobile broadband are signal based when it comes to connecting to internet. Then it should be expected that connection is not stable. Why spend to boost your internet connection using mobile broadband than spend for DSL or Cable internet? Just my two cents. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

What model you currently use?
    I have Huawei B593s-22 from three, good reliable 4G device, with 2 ports for external antennas(not supplied). Not using external antennas as i manage to get good speed as is, so cannot comment on those, but as it was already mentioned it all depend on signal. Check siteviewer(askcomreg.ie/mobile/siteviewer.273.LE.asp) to locate nearest mast( anything more than 4 km away not good) and position device on window facing that direction and you might be lucky to get better signal.
    Good luck!

@chainsmoker556: you right, DSL or cable would be way better, unless you wrong, as in my case those options just not available for another .....15~20 years and MBB is the only option.

• Advertisement
Advertisement