Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punchestown Music Festival 2016

Options
  • 04-03-2016 11:58am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭

12768248_10154072280174548_7283647415235914670_o.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Must have been quite hungover when they came round to deciding on a name for this....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

not intrested myself but seems like a good line up if you like that sort of music.

its deff an older type of market there going for in ireland this year for summer shows. usually have a load of gigs to go to but only Bryan Adams and Bruce Springsteen in may and the Stone roses in manchester in June. nothing for july/august :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

OXEGEN 2: SOMETHING FOR THE PENSIONERS

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Would love to see Lionel Ritchie after watching his Glastonbury show on the telly last year... Rest of the bill... Not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

As Snoop said at Oxegen one year:

"When I say "Punches" you say "Town""

"Punches"

"Town"

"Punches"

"Town"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Can't believe they're putting this on in a field in Kildare. Has The Aviva priced itself out of summer gigs or are they holding it for Coldplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Would love to see Lionel Ritchie after watching his Glastonbury show on the telly last year... Rest of the bill... Not so much

I picked up some presale tix for this yesterday. Would not normally be interested but I thought he was excellent at Glastonbury. Wouldn't mind seeing Albert Hammond, Shane Filan I might go to the bar when he's on.

Can't find much info on the gig. Is it just one stage? Is there many more to be added?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would'nt mind seeing James Morrison again and also catch Corinne Bailey Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I really can't see this one selling well.... Does his target audience want to stand in a field all day? Nothing against them btw, I just remember the likes of the Barbara streissand debacle from a few years back

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea its a weird one , is it gonna be in a tent or like the Marquee or all outdoors

• Advertisement

Anyone hear any more about this? interested to see when the rest of the acts will be announced. Had a look at the planning application online and they have two stages, so quite a few more to be added I would say.

Steve Harley and The Cockney Rebel added to the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Limbo123

Does anyone know the deal with parking?

Cant find any buses running from Meath and all hotels sold out.

3mobile are doing a 2 for 1 ticket offer on this for today only. Just got a text:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

corm500 wrote: »
    3mobile are doing a 2 for 1 ticket offer on this for today only. Just got a text:eek:

Tickets obviously not selling.

Tickets obviously not selling.

My thoughts exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

corm500 wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly.

Lionel Richie looked like good craic when he was at Glastonbury last year but the rest of the lineup does nothing for me. And I still have nightmares about getting to and from there the last time (AC/DC) so I'll never go to a gig there again, no matter how many free tickets they give away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Looks like its not selling. 2 for 1 all day on tickets

4 tickets 150 euro bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

but1er wrote: »
    Looks like its not selling. 2 for 1 all day on tickets
    Where's that?

• Advertisement

Where's that?

Three plus members

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Is there parking at punchestown for this? Can't find any info online re parking, only buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Is there parking at punchestown for this? Can't find any info online re parking, only buses.

well there used to be parking for Oxegen many moons ago so I'd say they have to provide parking.

Stage times absoulte crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

I have no interest in any of them bar Lionel Ritchie. 2pm start, no thanks. So is it possible to arrive at say 8pm , or do you need to be there close to the start time of 2pm?
    Why they couldn't have just had him in the 3 Arena would have been so much easier :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SlimyB

Does any one know if there are buses to Punchestown from Naas town ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Stage times absoulte crazy!

How so? That's absolutely par for the course.

Birneybau wrote: »
    How so? That's absolutely par for the course.

Ah 10:15 very late and no bar be open

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SlimyB

I just emailed Punchestown and there will be shuttle buses going from the town to the course at regular intervals during the afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ah 10:15 very late and no bar be open

I mean, he's not playing all night long...

Advertisement