Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punchestown Music Festival 2016

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Birneybau wrote: »
    I mean, he's not playing all night long...

and they wont be 'dancing on the ceiling'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I have no interest in any of them bar Lionel Ritchie. 2pm start, no thanks. So is it possible to arrive at say 8pm , or do you need to be there close to the start time of 2pm?
    Why they couldn't have just had him in the 3 Arena would have been so much easier :/

Yeah wondering the same, can I just call in at 9 or something?

I've put up the tickets on adverts anyway, a long shot :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

How many tickets where sold??

I cant wait to dancing on the ceiling all night long!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

but1er wrote: »
    How many tickets where sold??

I cant wait to dancing on the ceiling all night long!

ive heard 9k

ive heard 9k

Surely if that's all it be cheaper to cancel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Its on at a strip of Tarmacced carpark basically inside the racecourse clubhouse. Very disappointing setup, it's clearly hugely scaled back from what it was meant to be. I'd be surprised if there was over 12,000 here. They have to be losing money on it. Awful venue and very poor lineup bar Lionel Ritchie.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Its on at a strip of Tarmacced carpark basically inside the racecourse clubhouse. Very disappointing setup, it's clearly hugely scaled back from what it was meant to be. I'd be surprised if there was over 12,000 here. They have to be losing money on it. Awful venue and very poor lineup bar Lionel Ritchie.

There prob won't be future festivals I imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

PTH2009 wrote: »
    There prob won't be future festivals I imagine

The whole point of this festive was to keep MCD having the exclusive rights to punchestown.They need to have so many gigs there to keep the venue.they could have had him in marley park last week and he played the same show in a packed 3arena last year so they needed a hassle free show and one that might not lose too much.
    Same with Rihanna in The Aviva use it or lose it

Absoulte brilliant

Really enjoyed it

No hassle getting drink

Camp chairs where stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I loved the gigs today, long may it continue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Have to say that was a great gig. Albert Hammond was excellent. I would have listened to him all night long.

corm500 wrote: »
    Have to say that was a great gig. Albert Hammond was excellent. I would have listened to him all night long.

Jesus you had a long hall.

I got in for the end of sister sledge it's a long long day

Anyone see Steve Harley? I missed him but got to see the rest. Albert Hammond was in great form as were Sister Sledge- they really should have been the two bands to play before Lionel. What was with the sound problem though with Lionel? I heard him fine but obviously there were parts of the audience who didn't.

The setting was terrible though- a tarmac square and with 1/2 hour between sets for the evening session and no sideshow entertainments , it was a a restless place to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Great day out with plenty of variety. Steve Harley was v good with strong band but Albert Hammond was off the scale, hit after hit, the amount of great songs he has written is hard to credit! A real highlight. Sister Sledge were lively but didn't find the sound near the front v good for them, their set was virtually non-stop! Corinne Bailey-Rae while talented was a bit dull after what went before her and it went down tame with the crowd! James Morrison was brilliant, full of energy and some great songs. Shane Filan surprised a lot of people with his performance which was upbeat and got the crowd in good form. Some poor sound to start with for Lionel at the front where the music drowned him out but it improved as it went on and the crowd were wild for his all night long finale! Great array of musicians and talent on view!

Advertisement