Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFiber available in all the houses around but not mine.

Options
  • 04-03-2016 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi

I just got a line installed by KN networks. Eir did a check on my line and inform me I can only receive 5mb speed. My concern is that there are 1000's of houses in the area with eFiber (i can't find a house that doesn't). My neighbour 4 doors down has eFibre. There are houses that a significantly further from the cabinet the have fibre. All of our lines are coming from the same cabinet through the same ducts. 

I haven't been able to get a clear answer as to why this is the case. One tech suggested the cabinet could be full or that I wasn't connected correctly . I haven't been able to organise a technician to come back and check. I keep getting the same generic response of "We have no date as to when eFibre will be rolled out in your area".

Is it possible to have someone physically check my line? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

gl0Rob wrote: »
    Hi

I just got a line installed by KN networks. Eir did a check on my line and inform me I can only receive 5mb speed. My concern is that there are 1000's of houses in the area with eFiber (i can't find a house that doesn't). My neighbour 4 doors down has eFibre. There are houses that a significantly further from the cabinet the have fibre. All of our lines are coming from the same cabinet through the same ducts. 

I haven't been able to get a clear answer as to why this is the case. One tech suggested the cabinet could be full or that I wasn't connected correctly . I haven't been able to organise a technician to come back and check. I keep getting the same generic response of "We have no date as to when eFibre will be rolled out in your area".

Is it possible to have someone physically check my line? 
    Hi gl0Rob,

Thanks for getting in touch, please feel free to PM me and I'll check this.

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gl0Rob

Hi gl0Rob,

Thanks for getting in touch, please feel free to PM me and I'll check this.

Pamela 

Pm'ed details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Thanks gl0Rob,

I have replied,

Pamela 

Advertisement