Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying/Selling Process

Options
  • 04-03-2016 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

So I have sold house and signed contracts coming over today. I am just wondering what are the next steps?

So the buyer has already put a small deposit which is sitting with estate agent, do they put a larger deposit on now? Do I get access to this?

I am buying a house and hope to have bid accepted next week. It will be quick close

In regards to moving, how does it work? do I get final payment the day I move out or do I get final payment and then set date when I will move out?

I have house I can stay in but just wondering should I book a place to hold stuff? or will I get access to house I am buying to put larger stuff in e.g. washing machine?

House I am buying is empty.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    So I have sold house and signed contracts coming over today. I am just wondering what are the next steps?

So the buyer has already put a small deposit which is sitting with estate agent, do they put a larger deposit on now? Do I get access to this?

I am buying a house and hope to have bid accepted next week. It will be quick close

In regards to moving, how does it work? do I get final payment the day I move out or do I get final payment and then set date when I will move out?

I have house I can stay in but just wondering should I book a place to hold stuff? or will I get access to house I am buying to put larger stuff in e.g. washing machine?

Thanks
    You should really speak to you sol as it will vary slightly case by case.

In reality I suspect when the contracts are signed you buyer will give the balance on 10% deposit to your sol.

When closing your sol will get the balance and will transfer to your bank accordingly.

Your agent will likely deduct the sales fees from the deposit they've recieved and transfer the rest to your sol upon contracts signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Redgirl82 wrote: »

Thanks

Everything Matt has outlined is very accurate. In relation to moving and your closing dates don't give out the keys of your property until the sale has closed and the same goes for the property you are buying. Don't move your furniture in until you have signed on the dotted line.

Best of luck.

Advertisement