Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secret Tour Pro?

• 04-03-2016 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Anyone follow the secret tour pro on twitter?

Who do you think it is and why?

If you think he's a fake, why would you say that too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 salad_man

Followed him for a while now. A lot of people seem to think its Geoff Ogilvy, however I think there is multiple users of the profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭TheRoomWrecker

Anyone follow the secret tour pro on twitter?

Who do you think it is and why?

If you think he's a fake, why would you say that too?

I feel that a group of players post on that account, possibly European Lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Think it is a fake, a guy that works for the golf channel tweeted pictures that STP used and then showed the original. It looks like he was just copying images from other pros and posting them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

More than likely it's an account opened and controlled by the PGAtour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Surely it's not one player.. look at the images on the feed he uses titleist clubs and mix between Nike adidas and footjoy shoes.. if one of these were paying him endorsements they'd be pissed he is wearing the other two..he also seems to play in all the comps there can't be many if any one player that does that!!..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

Surely it's not one player.. look at the images on the feed he uses titleist clubs and mix between Nike adidas and footjoy shoes.. if one of these were paying him endorsements they'd be pissed he is wearing the other two..he also seems to play in all the comps there can't be many if any one player that does that!!..

It might be one person but not a tour pro at all, if it was a tour pro/pros then the photos would be current images and not ones lifted from Google and cropped. What tour pro has time to do that and tweet 13,000 times or more year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Not sure if he's a tour pro or not, but he gets a lot of chat from players like Rory McIlroy, Ogilvy (and his wife) as well as guys like Denis Pugh.

They all seem to know him and Pugh has discussed having meals with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

It might be one person but not a tour pro at all, if it was a tour pro/pros then the photos would be current images and not ones lifted from Google and cropped. What tour pro has time to do that and tweet 13,000 times or more year?

I bet it's shane o'donoghue!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

From what i have heard its pretty wide known on tour its a fake, i kept asking him to verify the pics he was putting up, like put a newspaper with the date, or report the pic with a pen held up......... After asking these awkward questions for a few days, he blocked me.. As he has done to anyone that persisted for verification of pictures..

Pity though coz the idea is very good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ronjo

From what i have heard its pretty wide known on tour its a fake, i kept asking him to verify the pics he was putting up, like put a newspaper with the date, or report the pic with a pen held up......... After asking these awkward questions for a few days, he blocked me.. As he has done to anyone that persisted for verification of pictures..

Maybe he was just sick of you :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I wouldn't have either. Too much data available in a photo that could help identify you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I bet it's shane o'donoghue!!!

can't be Shane O' Donoghue...

there is no way on earth that he can write or Say in so limited characters anything that doesn't involve the most complex, convoluted statements..

The Garth Crooks of Golf is Shane

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

It's ogilvy

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    It's ogilvy

Definitely not Ogilvy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Definitely not Ogilvy

Why do you think it's not ogilvy?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Why do you think it's not ogilvy?

Ogilvy is far more measured and intelligent in his opinions then this guy.

This guy is not a pro, he tweeted recently about talking to Lowry and Harrington about the England Ireland rugby match but Lowry for sure spoke to no one about it and no one asked him about it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Yeah definitely is Ogilvy.

Advertisement