Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Line Install

Options
  • 04-03-2016 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I moved into a new house a few months ago and have been waiting to get a new line installed. I had KN Networks down twice to try install but there was no ducting to connect up to the exchange.  Since then the ducting and main connection to the exchange is installed. Today KN Networks came down again to run in a line.  I was told by their engineer that Eircom have a note on the situation and wont install a line until 24th of May. Currently their is 8 houses out of a potential 16 without a line in place and they want to install all 16 houses at once. By the 24th of May the will still only have 8 houses built . I have been waiting  six months for a resolution already and am wondering why I now have to wait another 3 for a line install.

I understand this isn't directly Eir's issue, although I am trying to get Eir broadband.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shaun

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi -gilly-09-,

I'm very sorry to hear this. The standard lead time for installations for up to 10 working days however they can be delayed due to site requirements and depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary.

Please feel free to PM me your order number and I can check what the delay is.

Pamela 

Advertisement