Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Real Madrid Summer Clearout

• 04-03-2016 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/real-madrid/lista-negra-florentino-zidane-4943492#
    Cristiano Ronaldo
    Sergio Ramos
    Pepe
    Arbeloa
    Isco
    Kroos
    Rodriguez
    Casemiro
    Danilo
    Jesé
    It looks like there will be major upheaval at Real this Summer. Depending on who you believe, Sergio Ramos and Ronaldo have handed in transfer requests. The above article on the other hand suggests it's not a case of them wanting to leave, but Florentino Perez wanting them (and others) out. Then again, everything could yet change if Real somehow win the Champions League :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/real-madrid/lista-negra-florentino-zidane-4943492#

It looks like there will be major upheaval at Real this Summer. Depending on who you believe, Sergio Ramos and Ronaldo have handed in transfer requests. The above article on the other hand suggests it's not a case of them wanting to leave, but Florentino Perez wanting them (and others) out. Then again, everything could yet change if Real somehow win the Champions League :pac:

Whens their transfer ban coming into effect?

Is it before or after the summer window?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,053 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Maybe Ronaldo aside (and he's starting to fade), none of those would be missed from a top team imho.

Many haven't exactly ripped up trees at the Bernabeu. Some have barely played. Some are at the end of their careers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Whens their transfer ban coming into effect?

Is it before or after the summer window?

It was supposed to be the next 2 transfer windows, but it got suspended for one window at the end of January, so now they have the summer window to make changes. They'll then be banned for the following 2 windows (winter, and summer).

Makes for an interesting summer, as anyone there at the end is pretty much guaranteed to be there for 2 years. Because of this, I expect Ronaldo to head to PSG. I actually think they'd be better off taking a more long term strategy, sticking with quality younger players like James and Isco and trying for a bit of stability for once. But that's unlikely, because it's Real.

Bale will be an interesting one. Even though Ronaldo likely leaving opens up the spot for him to be the main man, I have a feeling he'll be back to England in the summer. A nice safe publicity move for any of the underperforming titans to make. Who knows, maybe even a Hazard+Cash swap for Bale. Would be a good move for Chelsea.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    It was supposed to be the next 2 transfer windows, but it got suspended for one window at the end of January, so now they have the summer window to make changes. They'll then be banned for the following 2 windows (winter, and summer).

Makes for an interesting summer, as anyone there at the end is pretty much guaranteed to be there for 2 years. Because of this, I expect Ronaldo to head to PSG. I actually think they'd be better off taking a more long term strategy, sticking with quality younger players like James and Isco and trying for a bit of stability for once. But that's unlikely, because it's Real.

Bale will be an interesting one. Even though Ronaldo likely leaving opens up the spot for him to be the main man, I have a feeling he'll be back to England in the summer. A nice safe publicity move for any of the underperforming titans to make. Who knows, maybe even a Hazard+Cash swap for Bale. Would be a good move for Chelsea.

I cant see them cashing in on Bale unless he wants out and in that case Utd will probably make another big play for him.

However, if they want to replace Bale and throw stupid money around, then Hazard is probably Madrid bound and if does happen I hope the club hold out for a near world record fee.

I cant see them cashing in on Bale unless he wants out and in that case Utd will probably make another big play for him.

However, if they want to replace Bale and throw stupid money around, then Hazard is probably Madrid bound and if does happen I hope the club hold out for a near world record fee.

I don't think Bale would leave, but for the ban. I'm not sure how much he'd want to commit to spending a guaranteed further 2 years in Spain, when the possibility will likely be there to return to England in the summer. You're right though, ManU will likely throw money at them if he's to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I don't think Bale would leave, but for the ban. I'm not sure how much he'd want to commit to spending a guaranteed further 2 years in Spain, when the possibility will likely be there to return to England in the summer. You're right though, ManU will likely throw money at them if he's to go.

I'm pretty sure they can sell players during the ban. In fact they can still sign players, just can't register them.

Madrid might not want to sell Bale with no possibility to sign a replacement, but they can do it if they wish.

Why works Bale want to leave Madrid for Utd. It'd be a big step down. He's better off staying in Spain for the time being surely

Benimar wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they can sell players during the ban. In fact they can still sign players, just can't register them.

Madrid might not want to sell Bale with no possibility to sign a replacement, but they can do it if they wish.

Oh I know they can, but as you said they'll be very reluctant to do so without being able to bring someone in. I would be surprised to see much in the way of departures - particularly amongst the higher profile ranks - before the ban ends.
    RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Why works Bale want to leave Madrid for Utd. It'd be a big step down. He's better off staying in Spain for the time being surely

In terms of objective career status yes, but England is always going to be a big draw. Also, becoming the most important player at Man United is always a hugely prestigious thing, even if they're not quite where they want to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

United have more chance in winning the league than Madrid do anytime soon :pac:

Leaving any of barca, real or bayern is step a down unless youre going to any other of the two above.

He might want to finish his career in England, raise kids in England etc so Utd could be a very viable option to do that if he wants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

A summer clearout with a transfer ban looming....

What idiot fell out of college to think up of that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Bale surely won't leave Madrid without them winning a league title first.

It would be a big black mark against his career if that happened particularly when it isn't solely Barcelona who beat them to the title.

Can't see Madrid winning the league ahead of Barca anytime soon.

There is actually rumours that Madrid might be looking to get rid of Bale due to his inuury record, rather than Bale looking to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I can't see Bale leaving, seems clear enough to me that management have decided that he is going to be part of the "new" Madrid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

That's not quite correct. It's suspended until the FIFA and CAS appeals are heard. That could still happen before the start of the transfer window. If so the ban will start with this summers window.
    Barca got a delay because they got their ban in April so FIFA and CAS couldn't rule before the start of the summer transfer window, Real and Atletico got their bans in January so there's time for the ruling before July.

Leaving any of barca, real or bayern is step a down unless youre going to any other of the two above.

He might want to finish his career in England, raise kids in England etc so Utd could be a very viable option to do that if he wants.

He's only 26. He certainly has a few more years at the top before finding a retirement home in England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

The one that really needs to go is Perrz. His business plan isn't getting the most out of the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Can't see ZZ still being in charge next season so any and all transfers in or out would be off the table until July IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Any of those players that leave will make big money anyway simply by having the madrid player thing attached to them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Only 4 goals for Ronnie today. The decline is obvious he has to go.

• Advertisement

The decline is obvious when hes playing against the better teams and better players.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Bale would be equally a big star at United as he is at Madrid.
    United is the most supported team in the world.
    Their revenues are set to be the highest in the world.
    Adidas who also sponsor both Real Madrid and Bayern Munich said the United launch of their new kit was their most successful ever.
    Big name player use United to get better contracts at their current clubs, as United are a genuine risk for other teams who have big star names.
    When United played and beat Real Madrid in the US in the summer of 2014 in front of 109,000 people, the vast majority were shouting for United.
    United have the money and the support to get quickly back to the top, Bale knows this and so United would not be a step down but would only increase his profile.
    Schweinsteiger went from shirt sales at 31 best in the world to 4th when he moved to United.
    Memphis (3rd highest) , Schweinsteiger (4th) and Rooney (6th) sold more shirts than Neymar (7th).
    Bale was not even top 10...he would have a much higher profile at United and commercially it would be more valuable to him to make the move.

But I'm sure he's not playing with that muck at Old Trafford this season.

The same guy wants CL football, guaranteed. Not EL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Toobz wrote: »
    Only 4 goals for Ronnie today. The decline is obvious he has to go.

Against Celta.

When it came to the showdown last week against one of the top teams in La Liga. He wasn't there.

Once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Against Celta.

When it came to the showdown last week against one of the top teams in La Liga. He wasn't there.

Once again.

Define top team? Surely top 6 is good or after the top 2 is la Liga a bad league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

RobertKK wrote: »
    Bale would be equally a big star at United as he is at Madrid.
    United is the most supported team in the world.
    Their revenues are set to be the highest in the world.
    Adidas who also sponsor both Real Madrid and Bayern Munich said the United launch of their new kit was their most successful ever.
    Big name player use United to get better contracts at their current clubs, as United are a genuine risk for other teams who have big star names.
    When United played and beat Real Madrid in the US in the summer of 2014 in front of 109,000 people, the vast majority were shouting for United.
    United have the money and the support to get quickly back to the top, Bale knows this and so United would not be a step down but would only increase his profile.
    Schweinsteiger went from shirt sales at 31 best in the world to 4th when he moved to United.
    Memphis (3rd highest) , Schweinsteiger (4th) and Rooney (6th) sold more shirts than Neymar (7th).
    Bale was not even top 10...he would have a much higher profile at United and commercially it would be more valuable to him to make the move.

United don't look like winning the league any time soon. They're in the Europa League, have a below 50/50 chance of making the Champions League for next year. Shirt sales aside. Going from Real to United is a big step down in your career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Ardent

If true, I''ll take Isco for Liverpool please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It isn't a big step down in exposure, wage or in footballing terms. 1 CL win in 10 years is hardly anything and the club is a basket case. Sure, United are having a rough few years but players like Bale would change that.

I get that Real is seen as the pinnacle for a lot of players, but the club has lost a lot of its shine over the last decade.

The only thing that United unequivocally can't compete with is lifestyle, which is a huge factor in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ardent wrote: »

Another No 10 yay! I was watching Max Meyer, probably cost half as much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Ardent wrote: »

Why would Isco want to leave Madrid for Liverpool? It's a big step down, yada, yada, yada......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

It isn't a big step down in exposure, wage or in footballing terms. 1 CL win in 10 years is hardly anything and the club is a basket case. Sure, United are having a rough few years but players like Bale would change that.

1 CL in 10 years maybe true, but it could also be described as 1 CL in three years, the same as Bayern, the same as Barca.

Money aside, unless Bale has aspiration to become a cast member of Shameless, there's absolutely no reason why any sound thinking player would leave Real for United assuming Real wanted to keep him. United are undoubtedly one of the biggest clubs in the world, and few bad seasons isn't changing that, but Real are a tier above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

NIMAN wrote: »
    The decline is obvious when hes playing against the better teams and better players.
    How many games are you basing this on?

eagle eye wrote: »
    How many games are you basing this on?

Quite a few.

Quite a few.
    How many? A number please....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

eagle eye wrote: »
    How many? A number please....

In fairness most people don't exactly keep count of all the games they've watched over a period of time.

• Advertisement

Don't know for sure, but certainly the ones I have watched this season. Likes of games v Barca, PSG, Atletico.

Don't know his stats for sure in those games, but I will say he tends to bang in plenty v the lower tier teams, never seems to have the influence against the better teams.

I don't think its a perception or my imagination. I have read it on various web reports.

Don't know for sure, but certainly the ones I have watched this season. Likes of games v Barca, PSG, Atletico.

Don't know his stats for sure in those games, but I will say he tends to bang in plenty v the lower tier teams, never seems to have the influence against the better teams.

I don't think its a perception or my imagination. I have read it on various web reports.
    Well three games, even six or ten games is not enough to base an opinion of somebody declining on.

After the weekend he is the top scorer in La Liga.

Like at the end of last season I can tell you that Leo Messi only scored in one of these games,

Man City H
    Man City A
    Real Madrid H
    Bayern Munich A
    Bayern Munich H
    Juventus

Now if we were to go by your assumptions wouldn't we be saying that Leo Messi was obviously declining?

Lets not continue the argument. I'm not the only person in the world saying he's on the decline, loads of articles on the net about it.

He has even changed his game. Turning more into a poacher than the player who used to run at players and go past them. He has had to change due to injuries, a decrease in his speed etc.

The same articles aren't being written about Messi, maybe because he based his game less of physical power and pace, plus the fact that he is nearly 3 years younger.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2015/10/06/cristiano-ronaldo-is-determined-to-mask-his-decline/

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10155108/cristiano-ronaldo-controlling-his-real-madrid-decline

http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/liga-bbva/cristiano-ronaldos-free-kicks-just-the-start-his-decline-4880920

If you can honestly say that you think Ronaldo is equally the player now that he was 2years ago, then thats your call. I think you're wrong, and many others would agree.

But hey, lets not fall out over it.

Advertisement