Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CK Tri 2016 - 13th August

Options
  • 04-03-2016 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Registration just opened at midlandtri.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

A great race in so many ways. Really looking forward to this one again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I look forward to doing this race, someday..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

420 slots gone (out of 500) - big demand in last few days. Good few boardsies in too.

Start list here https://app.lap.io/event/2016-caroline-kearny/starters

EC1000 wrote: »
    420 slots gone (out of 500) - big demand in last few days. Good few boardsies in too.

Start list here https://app.lap.io/event/2016-caroline-kearny/starters

Was just thinking about it on my way home from swimming tonight....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Was just thinking about it on my way home from swimming tonight....

Don't rush into it! It's getting to the stage where I believe we will have to mark the occasion in some way if you do turn up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

:pac:

I can't read the last post so I'm guessing my pokemon go filter has kicked in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Great day for the race today. Well organised, nice route, good racing. Best Tri in the country, year after year. The new run route looks flat on paper, but those gradients sure hurt during the race! To say nothing of the mountain just before the finish :D Well done Midland Tri for pulling it off again.

Results

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Have to agree - only my third Olympic and a pb by 10mins. I think all legs are about as good as you will get....expect for that grassy hill for the last 200 - 300 metres. Nearly killed me.

Great event - parking really close to transition, loads of room in transition, loads of marshalls, everything started bang on time, grub at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Macy0161

My 1st Olympic, so a pb for me too! Great organisation and marshalling. Will be back next year to hopefully improve my time.

Only bug bear for me was the thrown gel wrappers, which there's nothing the club can do about - athletes managed to get full ones 5/6/7 km into the run, but can't carry an empty sachet back? Was trying to concentrate on my own run/ pain, but saw someone feck them into the ditch - not even just drop them where at least a pick up afterwards would see them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

PB for me too, not that that's saying much.
    Very well run event, great location. Hats off to Midland Tri.
    I'll be back.

Advertisement