Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5s used / refurb

Options
  • 04-03-2016 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭

Despite my efforts to steer a teen away from Apple / iOs towards better specced & more user friendly handsets, the pull of that brand among her peers means she has her heart set on a 5s.

She's forking out for it herself & would be happy with a decent used phone or even better, a refurbished unit with warranty.

Wondering if eBay is the way to go or are there reliable online stores here / UK / EU worth considering?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Despite my efforts to steer a teen away from Apple / iOs towards better specced & more user friendly handsets, the pull of that brand among her peers means she has her heart set on a 5s.

She's forking out for it herself & would be happy with a decent used phone or even better, a refurbished unit with warranty.

Wondering if eBay is the way to go or are there reliable online stores here / UK / EU worth considering?

My daughter bought iphone5s from eBay . Gift delivered from US, was in constant contact with seller, suppose she could of been lucky. Still has phone, still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 daveh32

Try fonez.ie

The homepage features a 5s deal.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Thanks folks.

@mad m, did you not get stung for a customs charge on that phone? I'd personally be wary of buying used from the States tbh, as returns would prove a real pain in the ass if required.

Listing below looks good - 12mth warranty & Grade A condition from a volume seller with decent enough feedback.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Apple-iPhone-5s-16-GB-Gold-Unlocked-Grade-A-EXCELLENT-CONDITION-/271407799238?hash=item3f312a5bc6:g:Ls0AAOxyBotTYlfy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

No she didn't get hit with customs, as I said she was lucky I suppose. seller even threw in a gift as a thank you for smooth transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I got stung before on Ebay when I bought an Iphone4s from the UK.

It was blocked and I had to fork out £40 to get it unblocked.

The missus bought me a refurb Iphone 5 from Groupon and I had battery trouble from the start, Groupon sent me a replacement battery.

Next time round il buy a brand new phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement