Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Cloud

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

As an IoT device this depends heavily on WD patching any holes that are found in it, which there will be, but commonly these things aren't after the first year or so.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

OwnCloud is a decent open source option. I use it with my FreeNAS build and it works quite well. There are apps available too.

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭EternalHope

yoyo wrote: »
    OwnCloud is a decent open source option. I use it with my FreeNAS build and it works quite well. There are apps available too.

Nick
    is own cloud saved in your home or on the net? FreeNAS is hardware how is it free?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The OS is free, not the equipment. If you have to ask that, its not for you....

ED E wrote: »
    it is not for you to say what is for me. i did not ask you for advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

it is not for you to say what is for me. i did not ask you for advice

I don't think you have quite grasped the fundamental workings of a public discussion forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

ED E wrote: »
    agree if op doesn't see difference between buying bundle of hdd's with software for 200e to run backup onto them,no point in trying to explain concept of running simple server.

I don't think you have quite grasped the fundamental workings of a public discussion forum.
    a smart remark is not a discussion. there are things i know more about than others but i have no need to bolster my ego by making smart remarks. Do not worry i will find out about this from people who know what they are talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

a smart remark is not a discussion. there are things i know more about than others but i have no need to bolster my ego by making smart remarks. Do not worry i will find out about this from people who know what they are talking about

In fairness OP, you got smart with the other poster first by saying "It's not up to you to decide what's right for me"

Then you were called out

You asked for advice, you got it - then you got snappy for no clear reason...

I really don't get that...

Fieldog wrote: »
    In fairness OP, you got smart with the other poster first by saying "It's not up to you to decide what's right for me"

Then you were called out

You asked for advice, you got it - then you got snappy for no clear reason...

I really don't get that...
    he got smart with me first as you would see if you had not selectively read it. anyway i am through with smart folk and thanks whores

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Mod: Right folks, lets get back on topic.

Advertisement