Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UV/LED Light for Nails

Options
  • 04-03-2016 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone has any experience when buying lamps for drying nails? I am looking for a decent lamp that will dry shellac and gel nail polish.

I was having a nose on Amazon but there's so many that vary in price and different makes etc... also nearly every review says 'its the best one ever' then you read then end of their review where it also states 'I have been given this product free in exchange for an honest review'. Does this mean they're just upping the product being sold considering they just got it for free? I'm new to Amazon so don't know what to look out for or what to expect.

I did read however that the LED light lamps are supposedly better than the UV lamps, would this be true?

So basically my question is can you get a decent one on the cheap or would you just be better of going all out and spending more on an expensive brand?

Any input is appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm using the cnd led at the minute and I'm loving it, much faster, no bubbling, cuter design. Don't need to worry about the bulbs

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭littlemouse22

Sounds brill, where did you purchase it ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sweet squared :)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭littlemouse22

Just nosing on their website now....

Why have I never heard of these before?! They have soo much choice even in shellac polish alone!

Don't know why I Only thought of Amazon, you can tell Im a bit clueless lol :D Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Normally Sweet Squared requires you to be a professional to be able to buy from their website. But maybe it's easier to get a login than I think. Of course Shellac is easily purchasable from websites like ebay.

I bought a cheap LED lamp on Amazon and it's good enough for me. I don't think it's worth spending more unless you plan on using it all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I used one of the funky 36w lamps from Hairspray. Cost €49 and was good enough to use on clients!

Advertisement