Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3MB download, 0.3MB up; any chance of 1MB up?

Options
  • 04-03-2016 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭

Hi all, is there any way possible to increase the upload speed on a 3MB line? I use it mostly for gaming or streaming netflix/YouTube and sometimes working from home via vpn to the office.
    I know I'm not going to get any further asking for a general speed increase after asking for a few months now but is there any way of just increasing the upload speed to 1MB seeing as most online games are demanding that now?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Not possible, you're on an Asymmetric digital subscriber line. Line profiles are 1_0.1, 2_0.25, 3_0.32.... 

In order to get 1Mb US you must achieve 12Mb DS. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi smokingman,

Thanks for getting in touch :)

I'm afraid your upload speed would vary depending on the broadband package you are availing of and your line capability.
    I would recommend contacting the eir broadband technical support on 1890260260 or free phone 1901 option 2 and they will check this for you.

Pamela 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Thanks  ED E :)

Pamela

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

When I tried to get 1 MB up (are you being considered for a work-from-home job?), Eircom lied like a rug and put me on three different contracts, including a needless upgrade to a business line, ultimately causing me to lose the job I was being considered for contingent on my broadband speeds. I needed that job badly, too. They kept saying, "your line should allow you that speed", but they weren't telling the truth about the line and I didn't achieve the necessary speeds until my area got fibre (and I'd switched to another company).

Advertisement