Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bypassing passcode on my iPhone

• 04-03-2016 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭

So a friend just bypassed my passcode by asking Siri the time, then opening the clock, selecting timer, changing the alarm tone and selecting buy new tones, then clicking the home button.
    Anyone else come across this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Effects wrote: »
    So a friend just bypassed my passcode by asking Siri the time, then opening the clock, selecting timer, changing the alarm tone and selecting buy new tones, then clicking the home button.
    Anyone else come across this?

Wow, maybe you should send this link to the FBI........:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Seems to check out, although after restarting the phone I have to enter the passcode to use Siri.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Effects wrote: »

Went to the home screen because Touch ID has recognised his fingerprint when pressing down to activate Siri.

• Advertisement

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Went to the home screen because Touch ID has recognised his fingerprint when pressing down to activate Siri.

Nope. That's not my phone that I'm unlocking in the video. Try it out yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Yeh that doesn't work. Try again op!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I can't select the buy more tones option.

Yeh that doesn't work. Try again op!

You're just not doing it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

Happens on my iPhone 6, used a finger print not set up to unlock the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Tried on my iPhone 6s & 6. Both on 9.2.1

If the above poster can post a YouTube clip of him deleting all the registered fingerprints and adding the index of right hand and using his left to to the "hack" we might have a story here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Hm, I tried this earlier and it worked...but now it doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Out of curiosity I tried it with a non registered finger and it didn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Wow this just worked, iphone 6 plus running latest ios

Edit: worked twice and has stopped now, pressing buy more tones doesn't do anything now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

It's only works if the persons fingerprint is saved on the phone when holding down the home button to ask Siri it will read the fingerprint and it seems like you are bypassing the iPhone locks.. It won't work on a fingerprint that isn't saved on the phone tried it on my iPhone 6 and my mothers iPhone 5s with non saved prints.

It was someone who I had only just met who demonstrated it on my phone. It worked for me on two friends phones that I haven't a print saved on.
    Pretty sure Apple just have the loop closed now without making any announcement about it, as it doesn't look good for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

It worked twice on my iPhone 6 with a finger on my left hand, I only have the thumb on my left hand saved. After the second time it wouldn't work again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

I did something similar last year to a 5 phone with No finger print scanner.

- I took their phone, held in the home button and asked Siri to "Call Home" - it started to dial someone - he started to look concerned - so I cancelled - I was then able to browse his contacts list and a few other things but not full access to the phone - he was not happy... :)

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

A friend tried this trick on my 6S running iOS 9.2.1 at the weekend. Didn't work. I'm guessing this was fixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

That worked for me. Used my middle finger (which isn't registered)

The FBI should be informed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I worked for me just now on Iphone 6 on latest IOS

UPDATE: If I used a not registered finger to ask Siri the time it does not work, after changing the tone when I press the Home it goes back to the locked screen.

Advertisement