Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zzippy Unfairly Targeting Me

Options
  • 05-03-2016 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I am an occasional user of the rugby forum and have been absolutely targeted by Zzippy because I obviously annoyed him with some non-ban worthy comments about Connacht (his team).

It has gotten to the stage where ALL of my infractions have been from Zzippy

Here's some examples of the posts Zzippy has given me infractions for:
    Ok how about this? The Ireland team is not world class. The only decent team we have to play every year is Wales and we struggle to beat them. Even then Wales are behind the 4 nations. When we play good teams in completion like Argentina we got trashed. We win against the likes of England and Framce who are on downward spirals and we think we're world beaters. Similarly we beat SH sides that are playing away and experimenting and this inflates our opinions of the team. However at the end of the day there isn't really much between us, England, Wales (in fact Wales are better) and dare I say it, Italy and Scotland

Now that is an opinion. I do not say any abuse of any players or anything of the sort. Can an admin please explain how that post crossed over any line? Or we allowed to have negative opinions of the Irish team or not

I was later infracted for this:
    Mate I think u need to rethink this. Your basically insinuating I cannot be anything but positive about the team. I listed out REASONS why I felt this way

I mean you could make the argument that I was arguing with his decision but I still think its a very valid point. He was literally trying to put a stop to criticisms of the team. Now I understand criticisms such as X team is **** blah blah blah shouldn't be up to standard but in my posts I was very clearly detailing why I felt Ireland were overrated and our expectations should be lower. It didn't seem worthy of an infraction and I shouldn't have had to even make the argument in the first place on a DISCUSSION forum

The next incident was this, Zzippy saw fit to actually BAN me for this..
    Originally Posted by Larbre34 View Post
    Bit of a watershed moment for Munster though. Unable to fill the house for a European game against the Tigers and booing off their own players. Never thought I'd see the day. Its no wonder Keith Wood stopped mid-sentence on the radio commentary, so shocked was he.

My response:
    The 'best fans in the world' myth was debunked a long time ago. There's a section of Munster fans that are your stereotypical parochial bitter type that absolutely poisoned Irish rugby when Leinster became top dogs and Munster started their decline (its effects on Irish rugby is still seen today). They are TOXIC. Like the US Republican Party of Irish rugby.

These were probably the same idiots that jeered Keatley, wear their Munster jerseys to Irish games and booed Sexton whenever ROG was around (some still do during international games when he makes a mistake)

That was in response to a comment in which a poster was saying about the change in Munster's supporters. I was arguing that there was a SECTION of fans that have always been like that, called them idiots and even disapproved of their jeering of a Munster player. It was in essence saying that Munster have always had a section of these fans and that this was nothing new and a bit of realism was needed before making sweeping statements like "this is a watershed moment for Munster rugby". In a roundabout way I was actually defending the vast majority of Munster supporters but still Zzippy saw an opportunity to twist it into something it was not.

Then came a warning from Zzippy, for a nothing comment that was on the mark and that many, many posters consistently say when trying to argue with this particular poster.
    Originally Posted by phog View Post

Have you still not noticed, one post refers to the article the other refers to the journalist.

Good night.

My response:
    What are you talking about? Such semantics as usual

According to Zzippy I was being a dick there :confused:

Next was another infraction for this. Now I can maybe understand why it could be misinterpreted but by Christ it was clearly meant in good humour at a time when the poster himself was being off topic and light humoured:
    Originally Posted by LorMal View Post

While there is a lull in the debate here, can I just interject with a bit of pedantry please. The term 'reactionary' is not the same as 'over reacting'. It's incorrectly used on here all the time. Drives me ****ing bonkers (l have no life)

A reactionary is a person who holds political views that favor a return to the status quo ante, the previous political state of society, which they believe possessed characteristics (discipline, respect for authority, etc.) that are negatively absent from the contemporary status quo of a society. As an adjective, the word reactionary describes points of view and policies meant to restore the status quo ante.

Thank you. Now back to the Rugby. (C'mon Oirlind!!)

My response:
    Thank you for that, we are all better for it. Pat yourself on the back you intellectual, you :)

Next comes the most bewildering infraction of all. And the one I cannot even begin to understand although I think Zzippys emotions got the better of him because this is just ridiculous:
    I would like to see him at Leinster for 2017/2018. Give him another season at Connacht playing regularly then bring him to Leinster. It would be perfect, he will be an even more experienced and even better lock by then. Leinster could even swap McCarthy back in a deal that is beneficial to both sides as Connacht will get a fan favourite and tried and test warrior returning.

I mean why the **** did I get an infraction for that :confused: Because hes a Connacht fan and doesn't like my idea or what!? That was deemed to be trolling!!!!!!

Finally, the 2 WEEK ban for this
    Originally Posted by connachta View Post

Rumours even tell Lam is Ranieri shadow for Leicester City!

To which I responded:
    Wit, great grammar and topical jokes. You truly are a beacon of the rugby forum connachta :)

The user himself liked it, it was all in extraordinarily good nature and was banter as the user himself appreciated and a smiley face added to be sure.

I mean when you look at all these infractions together they are outrageous. The only one I can see some legitimacy in is the one for arguing with a mod but even then to have to make that argument in the first place is a joke.

I am asking to either have my ban revoked or to at least have a system where a mod other than Zzippy decides whether to infract or ban me. The guy has it in for me and I'm sick of it.

Yes I've discussed this with relevant people in advance of making this thread. He didn't even bother responding for what it's worth.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I'll take a look at it WarZ, there are a lot of points in your post so it'll take some time to gather the facts.

And it's a pro12 weekend so I might be preoccupied lol (kidding) (ish) :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Can you send me a copy of any pm's you sent / replies you got relating to this please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Ok I'll pm you now

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hi all,

Ill be taking a look at this for the Sports CMods.

Ill ask Steve for the PMs too.

Thanks,
    Gavin

Sorry for the confusion and delay, this has been sorted via PM.

Can you confirm please Warz.

• Advertisement

Confirmed. Although in future would it be possible for the mod in question to refer my posts to another mod rather than taking action himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Nope. Any moderators of the forum may deal with your posts in future. We expect our mods to be impartial & apply the rules of the forum without bias.

tHB

Nope. Any moderators of the forum may deal with your posts in future. We expect our mods to be impartial & apply the rules of the forum without bias.

tHB

It was a pretty small request and I would have thought it was acceptable considering I decided to save the admins time and just drop it even though Zzippy was also in the wrong. I am a little bit disappointed with this process to be honest.

I'm afraid that your request is not acceptable for the reasons that I mentioned above. We don't allow posters pick the Mods they wish to moderate their posts. We have thousands of regular daily users - just imagine how unmanageable that scenario would be if we allowed it to all our members across all our forums.

As for why you decided not to pursue this appeal - I've been in touch with the Sports CMods & it would appear that you didn't indicate that you wished to save the Admins time, but rather that you accepted that your posts may have been seen as "abrasive" & "snidey" (your terms, not mine).

Now that we've cleared that up - I am happy to keep this appeal open. It is your call if you wish to see this through. Please let us know.

I was trying to be civil by dropping the matter but given that you are not willing to give me any sort of respite then yes I would like to pursue it.

I don't actually believe the mod was acting in good faith at all and think he modded emotionally when it came to me, I merely said that to Steve because I was trying to just let the matter lie, I only asked that in return Zzippy could refer my posts to other mods considering his past actions towards me.

This same mod actually infracted me for this post:
    "I would like to see him at Leinster for 2017/2018. Give him another season at Connacht playing regularly then bring him to Leinster. It would be perfect, he will be an even more experienced and even better lock by then. Leinster could even swap McCarthy back in a deal that is beneficial to both sides as Connacht will get a fan favourite and tried and test warrior returning."

Tell me how that post in particular deserves an infraction?

The entire dispute resolution process is set up to favor the mods of this site so i dont expect much

• Advertisement

I do not understand what you mean by not giving you respite. I am not agreeing to your request for special treatment by choosing who moderates your posts. The same would apply to any such request from any member on this site.

Forward me any PMs about your cards/ban between you & the Mod/CMods & I will review your appeal.

I do not understand what you mean by not giving you respite. I am not agreeing to your request for special treatment by choosing who moderates your posts. The same would apply to any such request from any member on this site.

Forward me any PMs about your cards/ban between you & the Mod/CMods & I will review your appeal.

Steve will forward them if thats ok as I have cleared my inbox.

Hi Warz. Apologies for the delay - it would appear that you hadn't asked Steve to forward the PMs. I have a copy of them now.

I'd first like to point out that I see no evidence of you being targeted by Zzippy. You have received numerous mod actions in the Rugby forum over the past months by three mods.

I do see that your posting style in the forum is confrontational & there have been several instances of you attacking the poster rather than the post. You acknowledge in your PMS that this may be seen as 'abrasive' & 'snidey'. In isolation, they may have warranted lesser mod action, however, as you do not appear to be taking heed of the mod warnings already given, the mods have little option but to apply more stringent sanctions.

Therefore, I see no reason to retrospectively remove the cards or bans you have been given, & I suggest that you adopt a posting style more in keeping with the tone of the forum.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement