Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 29 Matchday thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Was at Chitty Chitty Bang Bang today in the Bord Gais, gutted I didn't have the patience to hold out for MOTD.

Alli and Bellerin on the bench, 5 yellow cards, two missed penalties

And still a lovely 86 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

SlickRic wrote:
    Williams, VVD, Daniels, Mahrez, Payet, Sanchez, Kane, Aguero (c).

I got 78 once baps came in. The bps made some difference this week. Over 20 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Not even joking this is my best week since...... Well... Gameweek 28 actually :P 32k to 6k according to fffix in about 4 days :)

My last 3 weeks have been very good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

That was my best scoring week I've ever had I think! 92 (-4) all in, and Aguero missed that penalty, which most likely would have made it a century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I got 78 once baps came in. The bps made some difference this week. Over 20 points.

Yeah most of us include baps in the scores we post even if the fpl site hasn't added them yet.
    78 is a good score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Looking at 85 (-4) all in :) Siggy and Silva justifying the -4 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Oh.

Wasn't looking at any. Just assuming I'd be well below as that's been the case most weeks.

Guessing you haven't been scoring 78 those weeks though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Looking at score in some of my leagues, there are a lot of teams getting 60+ points who don't have Aguero, other years you'd get punished for not having him, but this year it's like grand i'll just use alternative cheaper options and they work a treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

jimmii wrote:
    Guessing you haven't been scoring 78 those weeks though!

Not even close. 1.2m OR.

Not even close. 1.2m OR.

Should be a pretty big jump for you later then!

• Advertisement

90(-8)
    Most are all out while I have Firmino and DeGea so should see a jump tomorrow night.

Charlie Daniels is some man,
    1, 18, 2, 8, 1, 5, 8, 6, 8 since I brought him in. All for 4.5m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

80 all out with Bellerin on my bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I was going to do that and I get your thinking with your gw 34 plan but spurs are playing villa so I just can't do it.

I know. Perhaps he'll be rested if tie with Dortmund is still in the balance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

84 with nobody left to play. Bit disappointed I played Forster instead of Schemiceal though

Fowler87 wrote: »
    84 with nobody left to play. Bit disappointed I played Forster instead of Schemiceal though

Yeh what were you thinking there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

84 all out. Welcome to the team Siggy and Yaya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Average is 45.

We finally have a good week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

wonski wrote: »
    Average is 45.

We finally have a good week :)

We surely do! I really hope this is a turning point and many of us can make something of this season!

We surely do! I really hope this is a turning point and many of us can make something of this season!

Hopefully with the chips and fixture mess we're able to pick our way through it better than others. If after all our patience the people with no chips left don't fall by the wayside then this season will well and truly have screwed us!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

jimmii wrote: »
    Hopefully with the chips and fixture mess we're able to pick our way through it better than others. If after all our patience the people with no chips left don't fall by the wayside then this season will well and truly have screwed us!

Definitely. Hopefully Arsenal win during the week to squeeze the unprepared even more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Leader in one of my smaller leagues not having the best week! Still can't work out how he's been leading for so long but looks like normality will be back in a few weeks!

image_zpsxdidxc5y.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Lights On wrote: »
    Leader in one of my smaller leagues not having the best week! Still can't work out how he's been leading for so long but looks like normality will be back in a few weeks!

image_zpsxdidxc5y.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

You know your just jinx-ing ur self - Mahrez is subbing in with 11, so he's on 40, Moreno will play and get CS+assist+2bps - so thats another 11 - 51 points, and Firmino will get a hat=trick - 20, 2 for ruddy, so he'll end up on 73 points.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Definitely. Hopefully Arsenal win during the week to squeeze the unprepared even more.

It would be typical of how things have gone for us more forward thinking managers if Sanchez & Bellerin etc top the transfers in for the next few days and we'll be sitting there thinking we're so smart having moved our Arsenal players on then Hull go and pull off a famous win!

Bellerin ultimate troll, 20k transferred him out this week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Up to 91k and breaking the top 100k for the first time this year :) Have no one playing tomorrow but i'm happy out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

nice jump to 63k and 13 players available next week
    it's turning .......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Ace2007 wrote: »
    You know your just jinx-ing ur self - Mahrez is subbing in with 11, so he's on 40, Moreno will play and get CS+assist+2bps - so thats another 11 - 51 points, and Firmino will get a hat=trick - 20, 2 for ruddy, so he'll end up on 73 points.

Well when you put it like that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

km79 wrote: »
    it's turning .......

Yeah I think we're all going to have great weeks next time around as well being so prepared for them.

86 points all out. Gomes in goals was likely to never work, but I didn't want to take a pointless hit. Bertrand and Vardy blanked as well, the feckers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

it's turning .......

The annoying thing is a lot of teams will have at least 11 available with little or no planning due to how things worked out fixture-wise. It won't take a lot to negotiate GW30 even if you're ill-prepared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

up to 5650, first time this season in the top 10k :)

Only broke the 1m mark 3 gws ago, but have climbed from 1.6m to 630k in the 8 gws.

https://gyazo.com/d13f85f94b01a29f2827cd0dc67d87b3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

11k to 4.5k with 90.

GW rank of 15k, a season's best.

No ground made in the Boards pay league, feckin' McGettigan has Simpson subbing in for Targett.

stephenl15 wrote:

Can't see myself catching you in the pay league now, wp.

Highest OR since GW11 hopefully not another false dawn!

spock. wrote: »
    Can't see myself catching you in the pay league now, wp.

Ah stop, loadsa time left, Firmino and De Gea could bring you a lot closer this week alone. That Aguero missed pen was a real kick in the balls as your TC. Nothing anyone can do about that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

While some were calling the veterans stubborn in their ways at the start of the season, reluctant to get on the bandwagons of Dann, Ighalo and Alderweireld to name a few, I think a point has been reached where the casuals are becoming stubborn. I'm noticing a lot of people in my league, who wouldn't pay too much attention to FPL, who still have players like Ighalo, Dann, Barkely and Wijnaldum still in their teams. I think we can now call them the obstinate ones, who refuse to believe that the players with early season form have dried out and are reluctant to get rid of them :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

74 points with Firmino to play.

Watching MOTD at the mo, never realised Lukaku missed a pen though. Few points lost today between his and Agueros misses.

Paully D wrote: »
    The annoying thing is a lot of teams will have at least 11 available with little or no planning due to how things worked out fixture-wise. It won't take a lot to negotiate GW30 even if you're ill-prepared.

you would be surprised
    a lot of managers got sucked in by everton West ham and Chelsea last few weeks
    then ya haze the odd dann and ighalo thrown in
    6\7 players gone when they log in next Saturday morning
    PANIC STATIONS !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

80 sees me up from 541k to 347k.

Highest rank this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

79 points chuffed with that and firminho and de gea to go. Yet still left ali and alderwood on bench....
    nice see how strong boardsies are racking up points this week and aguero tc fair play camse so close

• Advertisement

the scores in the FSA qualifying league are ridiculous
    well done us :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Up to 56th in the world now, hopefully can kick on again tomorrow with Firmino.

the scores in the FSA qualifying league are ridiculous
    well done us :D

Not as good as the Boards Pay league :P I got a red arrow in Finn Harps league with 92(-4) :(

Funny watching them go through the Kane goal on MOTD. Mert sprinting as fast as he can and Alli and Kane just jogging at the same speed! Some shocking defending going on for that one.

VVD and Williams really hurt me in the boards pay league would be up to 2nd or 3rd only for them only realised now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

85 with Alder to sub in tomorrow with seven to make it 92. Even Danny Simpson managed a bonus point! Vardy and Forster my only fails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Well well well, 105 points all out gives me a sensational gameweek rank of 250. :eek: I jumped 106k places to move to 48k. At the end of the 3pms with all the goals flying in I was getting rather giddy! If only Aguero hadn't missed that penalty I'd be even more delighted. In the last 7 gameweeks I've made massive ground on my money league rivals and am now joint top. I'll fall back a bit tomorrow but this will easily go down as one of my best ever FPL gameweeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'd imagine the average will jump a nice bit tomorrow when peoples auto subs kick in, Costa and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Paully D wrote: »
    stephenl15 wrote: »

Your killing it last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

74 all out. Decent returns all round. Payet and ballerins on bench is frustrating but whoever I started ahead of them performed aswell so the swing isn't as bad as it seems.

Rise to inside top 300k :o bleak I know but a rise is a rise. Hopefully start to make up some ground as I have a full 11 next week when many won't, plus have solid dgw/chips plans. I'll need them to salvage this disastrous season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement