Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWB9 Programmer

Options
  • 05-03-2016 9:24am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm trying to get the central heating to come on for 6am-7am. I can set the proposed time on the system, however so far, nothing happens when the time comes around. Ideally, I'd like it come to on 6am-7am 5 days a week and 8-9 at the weekend, however, because nothing is working is yet, I'll keep it simple and say 6-7 across the board.

This is the manual I was looking at initially. I spoke to Siemens UK by phone, they sent me a more straightforward version, which includes the following:
    RWB9 PROGRAMMER
    CHANGING TIMES & PROGRAMME FOR DAILY OPERATION
    CHANGING TIMES
    1. Move vertical slider to SET TIME, then press TIME + or TIME - buttons to move to desired Time.
    2. Now press YES
    3. Move vertical slider down to RUN
    CHANGING PROGRAM TIMES
    1. Move vertical slider to SET PRG
    2. CH will be flashing in the display press YES
    3. FIRST ON time will be in the display use TIME + or TIME - buttons to move to desired Time
    4. Now Press YES
    5. FIRST OFF time will be in the display use TIME + or TIME - Buttons To move to desired Time
    6. Now Press YES
    7. SECOND ON time will be in the display use TIME + or TIME - buttons to move to desired Time
    8. Now Press YES
    9. SECOND OFF time will be in the display use TIME + or TIME - buttons to move to desired Time.
    10. Now press YES
    11. HW Copy YES / NO will be flashing in the display
    HOW TO COPY CH TO HW
    To Copy CH times to HW Press YES & then move slider down to RUN
    FOR DIFFERENT TIMES FOR HW
    12. Press NO
    13. HW will be flashing in the Display
    Repeat instructions 2 to 10 and when you reach 10 slide slider to RUN

I've said that the HW can be the same and followed the above.

Any suggestions about why it's not playing ball? Apart from this, the system works fine, manually.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Make sure set to auto.

They can be tricky as all are different set ups.

Have you selected days correctly as in not just one day selected.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'm not sure how to do that...

I'm trying to attach PDF of the easy user guide. It may not work due to the issues boards is having with attachments.

Edit - OK, I've set it to auto and I'll see if it comes on tomorrow at 6am. Will report back.

I'm not sure how to do that...

I'm trying to attach PDF of the easy user guide. It may not work due to the issues boards is having with attachments.

Edit - OK, I've set it to auto and I'll see if it comes on tomorrow at 6am. Will report back.

Hi its working.

So set switch to program then set times.

Then when you have selected set to auto and it should work away at times set.

Report back and will try help if you are having difficulty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

All well, came on this morning. The next step is to figure set different times for the weekend, but I may simply leave it as is.

Good to have this forum, thanks.

All well, came on this morning. The next step is to figure set different times for the weekend, but I may simply leave it as is.

Good to have this forum, thanks.

All you have to do is same process and just select the sat/sun on the display.

That's good you got it working at least now its nearly the summer ha....

Any questions pm if your stuck.

• Advertisement

That's good you got it working at least now its nearly the summer ha....

Hah, yes... :p

It's still a little chilly when I come home in the evenings. I'd like the system to come on before I get off the bus, but I can't seem to set it to 6:30pm. The limit thing just flashes. Can it not 'see' beyond 12 hours ahead, or something? Morning start is 5:50am, off at 6:40am.

Hah, yes... :p

It's still a little chilly when I come home in the evenings. I'd like the system to come on before I get off the bus, but I can't seem to set it to 6:30pm. The limit thing just flashes. Can it not 'see' beyond 12 hours ahead, or something? Morning start is 5:50am, off at 6:40am.

You should be able to select another time easy enough.

Go through exact same process and hold the button down till you reach the on then off time you would like.

Advertisement