Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon : UK Fire 7" and UK Fire Kids Edition 7" - £12 credit

• 05-03-2016 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭

(mods delete or move if not appropriate for BA)

not a bargain alert per se, but lots of people bought the Fire 7" when it was on sale before Christmas and may miss the email notification

I got a safety notice by email during the week that when the power adapter included with the UK Fire 7" and UK Fire Kids Edition 7" tablet is pulled from the wall socket, the adapter assembly may detach and create a risk of electrical shock.

So they are offering a replacement power adapter or £12 credit to your account. the credit can be used against any item ordered, not just power adapters.

Link to Product Safety Notice Page

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,726 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

ablelocks wrote: »

not a bargain alert per se, but lots of people bought the Fire 7" when it was on sale before Christmas and may miss the email notification

I got a safety notice by email during the week that when the power adapter included with the UK Fire 7" and UK Fire Kids Edition 7" tablet is pulled from the wall socket, the adapter assembly may detach and create a risk of electrical shock.

So they are offering a replacement power adapter or £12 credit to your account. the credit can be used against any item ordered, not just power adapters.

Does this mean I can buy a Kindle fire now and get £12 credit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

ablelocks wrote: »

You're correct. It is not a BA but if it prevents someone from being electrocuted I am happy to see the post. Thanks for letting everyone know! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got my credit yesterday.
    I had ordered a few months ago but cancelled the order and bought one from Argos..so happy days.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I got my credit yesterday.
    I had ordered a few months ago but cancelled the order and bought one from Argos..so happy days.:)

I got the email , contacted Support to say I had 3 tablets and I should get 36 pounds credit so they credited my account. Then I noticed I was logged in with my other account. The tablets are under a different account as I registered the kids tablets to a uk address. This morning I got another email which let me claim 36 pounds to that account.

So I git 72 pounds worth of credit. Happy days, the credit can only be used in goods sold by Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I got it, and ordered the replacement, don't fancy the casing coming away in my hands and getting a shock or worse ;)

Waiting for the replacement charger... until then the charger STAYS plugged into the wall for safety..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

ted1 wrote: »
    I got the email , contacted Support to say I had 3 tablets and I should get 36 pounds credit so they credited my account. Then I noticed I was logged in with my other account. The tablets are under a different account as I registered the kids tablets to a uk address. This morning I got another email which let me claim 36 pounds to that account.

So I git 72 pounds worth of credit. Happy days, the credit can only be used in goods sold by Amazon.

You have to send back the plugs, so they'll be expecting 6 back from you now, no?

I have 3 Kindle's affected. This is in the email I got:
    Whichever option you select, we will be sending you a pre-paid return envelope so that you can send back your original power adapters. Please contact Customer Service if your power adapter appears to be damaged.

Oat23 wrote: »
    You have to send back the plugs, so they'll be expecting 6 back from you now, no?

I have 3 Kindle's affected. This is in the email I got:

I'll just say I threw them in the bin so as to ensure the kids didn't use them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Just in case there is anyone that is looking for a replacement charger locally after taking the £12 voucher option, I noticed LIDL have mains & car cig lighter 12volt USB chargers for €4.99 this week. That would still leave you with a profit of over a tenner.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Rats, I bought mine in Argos.

But I'd happily send them back any number of chargers for £12 each

Model no. FABK7B

Affected adapters were sold only in the United Kingdom and Ireland from September 2015.

Rats, I bought mine in Argos.

But I'd happily send them back any number of chargers for £12 each

Model no. FABK7B

Affected adapters were sold only in the United Kingdom and Ireland from September 2015.

It shouldn't make a difference, I Persume that you registered it, check your spam etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

ted1 wrote: »
    It shouldn't make a difference, I Persume that you registered it, check your spam etc

Bought mine in Argos and got the mail .

As the others have said,, bought in Argos makes no difference. I got it there too and got the £12 credit when I applied.
    Far as I can see, Amazon don't want to be sued for getting someone electrocuted, so they don't care where you bought it. They just want this mess up with the dodgy chargers over and done with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

That was a handy free £12, never used the charger, house is full of phone chargers that do the job

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

You'll get an email to the address you use with your Amazon account:
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for requesting an Amazon credit. We confirm that a £12 gift card has been applied to your Amazon account.

Your gift card is valid for purchasing a replacement adapter of your choice or other items on Amazon.co.uk.

We apologise again for this issue and thank you for being an Amazon customer.

The Amazon apps will also alert you if you have them installed on your device. (Which I'd assume is a given if you own a Kindle Fire.)

Stupid question but how do you know when you get the £12? I applied for this on Friday but have heard nothing yet.

It's there next time you purchase something sold by Amazon it'll come off it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Well I got my Kindle as a present - but I got the email, and have got the credit of £12. I have a tablet charger which works fine for the Kindle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I bought the Fire for kids edition for my son from Argos in Dublin.
    It was advertised as giving 1 years free subscription to Amazons content for kids, cartoons, apps, books etc.

But after a number of calls lasting up to 40 mins each, they realised that the cartoon content was geoblocked to the UK and ended up giving me something like Gb£15 credit for that. So this is my 2nd credit refund.

If anyone bought the kids version which promised "Fire for kids" access for a year, they might get some more credit if they push to access the cartoon/video content on "Fire for kids".

Turns out Argos didn't have permission to sell the Fire in Ireland with that kids promotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Thanks op. Didn't realise this because the devices are registered to the kids email addresses.

Called them & had the credit applied to my account. Gonna get a USB socket instead of adapter because we've loads of them & this would be handier.

Advertisement