Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meter problem

Options
  • 05-03-2016 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello,i have a problem with my meter reading.im a new costumer from Thursday at the 
    Day was :42485

Night was 11301

and today 
    Day 42500

Night:12309

i need a tehnician to come to have a look at the meter please,i have 1 tv,1 small fridge,i use 2 radiators after 10 pm,during the day i use wood to heat the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hello,i have a problem with my meter reading.im a new costumer from Thursday at the 

Night was 11301

and today 
    Day 42500

i need a tehnician to come to have a look at the meter please,i have 1 tv,1 small fridge,i use 2 radiators after 10 pm,during the day i use wood to heat the house.

Are you sure that you didn't misread the 2 as a 1 or vice versa, everything else looks ok. 15 day units and 8 night units

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AnettKarina

ted1 wrote: »

Night was 11301

and today 
    Day 42500

Are you sure that you didn't misread the 2 as a 1 or vice versa, everything else looks ok. 15 day units and 8 night units
    its not ok from thursday to saturday,and im very sure its night. on night was 11301 and jump to 12309

its not ok from thursday to saturday,and im very sure its night. on night was 11301 and jump to 12309

It's 8 units, I'd check it again tomorrow. I'd suspect you read it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AnettKarina

ted1 wrote: »

It's 8 units, I'd check it again tomorrow. I'd suspect you read it wrong.
    ok,on Thursday i had 11301 on Saturday i had 12309.
    12309 - 11301 =1,008 units used.i can`t  use so much units on night

ok,on Thursday i had 11301 on Saturday i had 12309.
    12309 - 11301 =1,008 units used.i can`t  use so much units on night

But how much have you used since ? As I said you may have misread it, I've seen people make mistakes before. As I said before you may only have used 8 units

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi AnettKarina,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The electric meter is a highly reliable instrument. It is rare that the meter would over calculate units. The usual reason for high consumption of electricity is a faulty appliance or wiring. As ted1 suggested, have you checked your meter again to see if there has been any jump in usage since?

We would recommend doing a meter check by turning off all of your appliances. Your meter will have a spinning disc or a flashing red light. Both of these should be still if all of your appliances are turned off. If this is still flashing or spinning, there may be an internal fault in your property. We cannot send a technician to visit in the case of an internal fault as ESB Networks, who maintain the electricity for all suppliers, are only responsible for the wiring coming into the meter from outside. This would need to be looked at by a private electrical contractor.

We can send out a technician from ESB Networks, but if there is no fault with the meter there will be a charge of €191.82 applied to your next bill. If the fault lies with the meter, there will be no charge. For this reason, we recommend ruling out all other faults firsts.

If you need us to check your account, please supply the following details:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement