Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 30 Transfer Thread - Battling the Blanks

• 05-03-2016 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭

At first look I may be able to bank my transfer this week :D Have 11 with solid fixtures plus one sub :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

12 here so will be banking the transfer.

My 7 attackers play Norwich (2), Villa (2), Newcastle (2) & Bournemouth (1). Hoping the goals flow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

PARlance wrote: »

My 7 attackers play Norwich (2), Villa (2), Newcastle (2) & Bournemouth (1). Hoping the goals flow.

Norwich (1) Villa (2) Newcastle (2) Bournemouth (1) and West Brom (1) here. Looks like there'll be a good few in a similar boat, could be a big jump in the ranks for the people who prepared well for this blank:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Didn't particularly prepare, just like most people I'll bet. Lots of people have form players or players from teams doing well. I'd say most players have at least 2 from spurs, arsenal, Leicester and maybe even city. Stoke and saints also have decent options and are popular choices for the past few weeks so I'd reckon this will be the least troublesome gw of its type in quite a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Have 3 City, 3 Leicester, 3 Spurs, 1 Stoke and then Targett who mightn't play. Potential there for a big week. Have been enjoying watching Kane and others who have big fixtures dropping in value.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Norwich (1) Villa (2) Newcastle (2) Bournemouth (1) and West Brom (1) here. Looks like there'll be a good few in a similar boat, could be a big jump in the ranks for the people who prepared well for this blank:)

Scratch that WBA. Forgot that's unlikely to go ahead :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Barring injuries I have 10 confirmed to play (13 if Arsenal lose their replay) and 2 FTs. I am thinking possibly Ozil to Silva or Yaya and bank the other transfer. It would be nice have 2 FTs to get some players in with nice GW31/32 fixtures before wildcarding in 33...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

12 starters with decent fixtures so I'll be banking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Have 12, if Arsenal win cup game, i'll sell Borthwick - Jackson and play 5-2-3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Have 13, still 12 if Arsenal lose so will be shouting for them big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Possibly time for a midfield punt for 3 weeks - Siggy/Ayew?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

2 transfers. One will likely be Costa to Kane. The other will be Payet or Sanchez to someone.

Barring injuries I have 10 confirmed to play (13 if Arsenal lose their replay) and 2 FTs. I am thinking possibly Ozil to Silva or Yaya and bank the other transfer. It would be nice have 2 FTs to get some players in with nice GW31/32 fixtures before wildcarding in 33...

Fonte's seding off changes things for me. I'll need to use both transfers unless Arsenal lose on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Sanchez will go I think for Siggy or Silva. Who has more games left? City I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

banking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Assuming Arsenal lose I've 12 anyway so I'll be banking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Butland

Daniels, Bellerin, Alderweireld

Alli, Silva, Ozil, Mahrez

Vardy, Kane, Aguero

Subs: Forster, Payet(blank), Ward(blank), Simpson

Any transfer worth making this week or just sit on my hands? Have WC and all the chips still available too.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Butland

Daniels, Bellerin, Alderweireld

Alli, Silva, Ozil, Mahrez

Vardy, Kane, Aguero

Subs: Forster, Payet(blank), Ward(blank), Simpson

Any transfer worth making this week or just sit on my hands? Have WC and all the chips still available too.

You'll have to make a transfer if Arsenal win on Tuesday. I'd be assuming they will win tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

probably Ozil to Silva or Dann to Williams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

You'll have to make a transfer if Arsenal win on Tuesday. I'd be assuming they will win tbh

What fixtures will be moved if that happens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Should be able to bank.
    Elliot
    Daniels Williams Fuchs
    Mahrez Siggy Alli Silva
    Aguero Vardy Kane

No subs so hopefully no midweek injuries.

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    What fixtures will be moved if that happens?

Well if they win the replay against Hull then Arsenal v West Brom will be cancelled next Saturday as arsenal will be playing Watford on the Sunday....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Have to bring in a keeper but will have 13 altogether. No issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

This Arsenal replay situation actually works out quite well for us compared to the early transfer casual. They might bring in Bellerin or Sanchez now even though they could blank and won't be able to field 11. So hopefully Arsenal beat Hull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

This Arsenal replay situation actually works out quite well for us compared to the early transfer casual. They might bring in Bellerin or Sanchez now even though they could blank and won't be able to field 11. So hopefully Arsenal beat Hull

I wouldn't be surprised if we see them rise even. Spots like this are one of the few that FPL haven't taken away from us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Good point.
    Bellerin is the 3rd most transferred in player this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'll probably reverse the move I made 2 gws ago and sell lukaku for kane. Still have 2 fts so I may also get a keeper in as having elliot and hennessey as your gks is basically like playing with no gk every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Dunno. I need to move Arnie and Costa, but they're not big concerns right now. Can field 12 so it's fine.

Dunno. I need to move Arnie and Costa, but they're not big concerns right now. Can field 12 so it's fine.

Arnie ? Why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm think Arnie too, not sure but I don't fancy him over the next few weeks (only looking as far as Wildcard week (34).

Arnie - SOU, wat, SWA
    Siggy - bou, VIL, sto

Not much in it really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

km79 wrote: »
    Arnie ? Why

He hasn't done much since I got him and I like the look of Siggy.

He hasn't done much since I got him and I like the look of Siggy.

I'd hold him for next wekk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

PARlance wrote:

PARlance wrote:

Nice. What's your team then?

Thinking of Sanchez to Silva or Toure now.

Thinking of Sanchez to Silva or Toure now.

It's kinda funny like Sanchez is found a little form FF wise, and folk are getting rid, assuming they will win, then he'll have a DGW sometime, whenever that may be - you'd hope Arsenal are still in the race and if they are Sanchez has chances to be in the goals - Against Swansea he hit the post twice i think.. big score coming.

Ace2007 wrote:
    It's kinda funny like Sanchez is found a little form FF wise, and folk are getting rid, assuming they will win, then he'll have a DGW sometime, whenever that may be - you'd hope Arsenal are still in the race and if they are Sanchez has chances to be in the goals - Against Swansea he hit the post twice i think.. big score coming.

I agree.. scores are coming.

Those with WC should be able to bring him in again handy enough.

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Yeah but if I keep him I gotta play Smith with double Bournemouth defence assuming Arsenal blank :P

Yeah but if I keep him I gotta play Smith with double Bournemouth defence assuming Arsenal blank :P

you say that like double Bournemouth defence is a bad thing. Home game against Swansea who will want to keep it tight, and would be happy with 0-0 i'd expect.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    you say that like double Bournemouth defence is a bad thing. Home game against Swansea who will want to keep it tight, and would be happy with 0-0 i'd expect.

1 goal and it's all gone. Compared to Silva it is :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've got 14 players available for this gameweek (12 if Arsenal win) so I'll be banking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

I can get away with only Damn not playing so happy enough.
    Won't need a major hit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Have 10 players assuming Arsenal win. Could be 9 if Cedric is dropped again!! So to be on safe side will get in a 5th def, probably Francis in for Borthwick-J.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

14 available for selection, only Costa missing next week - banking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm in bad shape, only have 9 available

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Loving the way the arsenal fixture is still showing in GW30 fixtures. It will catch alot of people out looking at some teams. They better win now!

Without any real planning I've got 14. Just Payet to bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Have 11 as it stands but Sanchez likely to be unavailable so will bring in Siggy or Yaya.

Adrian, Firminio, Delaney and Fonte all inactive

Any word on Mahrez hammy or was it jump cramp in the end?

I have 13 if Arsenal play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

No including Dawson or Ozil, I have 11. But 1 of those 11 is Targett, who I don't really think is a guaranteed starter. So thinking of switching O'Shea (blank) for Cook. Have 0.0m in the bank so has to be someone for under 4.3m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Any word on Mahrez hammy or was it jump cramp in the end?

I'll have 11 without Mahrez so I'd certainly see a positive side to him missing the one game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement