Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 30 Transfer Thread - Battling the Blanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Would it be stupid to get in Wimmer instead of Alder when yo can afford the latter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Fonte is suspended, so you'd imagine the manager would want some stability in defence. So I'd expect Cèdric to start, since he's had the most appearances at right-back.
    It might be just best to swallow the blank if he doesn't play rather than doing a -4.

Barkley, Payet or Rashford out.

Vardy, Arnautovic, Yaya Toure could be an option, Ayew for Swansea, Wijnaldum maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Bellerin due to rise tonight which means one of three things:

1) People are super confident that Hull are going to beat Arsenal

2) Loads of people have been meticulously planning for GW 30 and are in such good shape that they want to get Bellerin in before the price rise

3) They aren't aware of the potential blank

Wonder if he'll drop again if Arsenal beat hull?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I think Courtois to Hart is the obvious option. I had looked at going without a keeper to have 2 FT next week to help get me to my wildcard in GW32 or 33, but I'll stick with keeping it simple. Hart has nor, MAN, bou in the next 3.

That would leave me with 12 for GW30 which may be 11 as Cedric is unreliable for his minutes which seem to be a the random whim of Ronald!

Will likely start Williams away to Bournemouth ahead of Cedric away to Stoke anyhow.

Hart (nor)
    Toby (avl) Williams (bou) Fuchs (NEW)
    Arnie (SOT) Mahrez (NEW) Alli (avl) Siggy (bou)
    Aguero (nor) Kane (avl) Vardy (NEW)

Looks ok on paper but 7 out of 11 away from home and no City mid likely to be my downfall. Arnie to Silva/Yaya hardly worth a hit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    I think Courtois to Hart is the obvious option. I had looked at going without a keeper to have 2 FT next week to help get me to my wildcard in GW32 or 33, but I'll stick with keeping it simple. Hart has nor, MAN, bou in the next 3.

That would leave me with 12 for GW30 which may be 11 as Cedric is unreliable for his minutes which seem to be a the random whim of Ronald!

Will likely start Williams away to Bournemouth ahead of Cedric away to Stoke anyhow.

Hart (nor)
    Toby (avl) Williams (bou) Fuchs (NEW)
    Arnie (SOT) Mahrez (NEW) Alli (avl) Siggy (bou)
    Aguero (nor) Kane (avl) Vardy (NEW)

Looks ok on paper but 7 out of 11 away from home and no City mid likely to be my downfall. Arnie to Silva/Yaya hardly worth a hit though.

No Daniels is your biggest issue ☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Would it be stupid to get in Wimmer instead of Alder when yo can afford the latter?

I have Alder because of his attacking returns, think he'll get you better returns that Wimmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Texas Jack wrote: »
    So if Arsenal win the replay they wont be playing saturday?
    Correct.

As an Arsenal/West Brom supporter if really is very late notice to call off a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ace2007 wrote: »
    As an Arsenal/West Brom supporter if really is very late notice to call off a game.

modern football!
    it's a disgrace really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

km79 wrote: »
    modern football!
    it's a disgrace really

Try being the Watford fan not knowing if you're travelling to Hull on Saturday morning or a short trip across to North London on the Sunday.

I think this could mark the end of FA Cup replays. The schedule time just isn't there any more for the later rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sky sports are advertising it as Saturday night football, while BT are advertising that they would have Arsenal V West Brom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

3 blanks, 2 Arsenal and a suspension.. :|

Anyone know if Targett will get a game since Fonte is on suspension?

W.Ham have a blank, Chelsea, Arsenal and Leicester in their next 5 games, so Payet can be transferred out relatively safely.

Can just about afford Payet+Bellerin to Silva+Wollscheid, which would allow me to field 11, presuming Targett plays .. Lucky to be on top with a buffer of 30-70 points in all the leagues I care about ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Nichololas wrote: »
    3 blanks, 2 Arsenal and a suspension.. :|

Anyone know if Targett will get a game since Fonte is on suspension?

I would think Yoshida goes in for Fonte and it's unlikely Koeman would go 3-5-2 with only VVD as a first choice CB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,310 ✭✭✭COH

Siggy or Yaya in for Payet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

COH wrote: »
    Siggy or Yaya in for Payet?

gone for yaya myself

7 transfer guy currently is playing a 2 1 3 formation this weekend. He has had a poor few weeks he has dropped from 35th in the world to 412th. I'm only 54 pts behind him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Anyone why Cedric was dropped or was he rested? will need him this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

7 transfer guy currently is playing a 2 1 3 formation this weekend. He has had a poor few weeks he has dropped from 35th in the world to 412th. I'm only 54 pts behind him now.

You'll catch him I imagine.

CSF wrote: »
    You'll catch him I imagine.

I'd hope so. I still have BB and TC he doesn't. He does have 2nd wildcard I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't know it exists. Even if he does and plays it ahead of a dgw I'd still expect myself to outscore him as I'll have BB. He could play his wildcard this week which would be nice as then he will be in really bad shape for the doubles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

First time in my life tonight I've ever rooted for the Codheads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Anyone why Cedric was dropped or was he rested? will need him this week!

Hopeful he'll be back now that Fonte is suspended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,310 ✭✭✭COH

gone for yaya myself

Am tempted to do the same but Siggy is home to Villa the following gameweek making him captain material plus have Aguerro and Hart in as it stands.

Provided the arsenal game doesn't go ahead it like none of the top 10 (I'm 11th) in my work league will be able to field 11 without taking hits this coming gameweek which is great..

Also the guy just ahead of me played his wildcard in GW29 and transferred in 9 players out of 15 that won't play in GW30 at all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

SkySter wrote: »
    Hopeful he'll be back now that Fonte is suspended.

RE: Cedric. I'd say he was rested, don't know for sure though.

Fonte suspension should have no direct bearing on Cedric's game time.

As in, neither Cedric nor Martina have played Centre back all season.

Centre back replacement options are Yoshida (came for Mane after Fonte's red card at the weekend)
    and Florin Gardos who is back in full training but wasn't in squad at Sunderland so Stoke ghame is probably too early as Gardos hasn't been involved in an u21 game yet.

Ryan Bertrand has played as one of 3 centre backs in a back 5 in the last few weeks (when playing 5-4-1) but hasn't played CB when Southampton have played 4-4-2.

I'd guess Yoshida will come in CB.

But Bertrand could go CB with Targett coming in at LB (Targett played in U21s last night so he may be out of first team plans again)

As chairman of the Cedric fan club, in any case I hope Cedric is back at RB or RWB, it'd be madness dropping him for Martina at this stage of the season.

#JusticeForCedric

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Sky sports are advertising it as Saturday night football, while BT are advertising that they would have Arsenal V West Brom

Yep, just seen Sky still showing it as Saturdsy night football on Sky Sports News. Will it definitely be called off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Lemlin wrote: »
    Yep, just seen Sky still showing it as Saturdsy night football on Sky Sports News. Will it definitely be called off?

Yes, the winner of tonight's game has to play Watford on Sunday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

COME ON YOU CODHEADS

'SING WHEN YOURE FISHING, YOU ONLY SING WHEN YOURE FIIIIIIISHING'

• Advertisement

BOOM
    One nil Arsenal Giroud

Arsenal 3 up
    The worm she is a turning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

That should be it, 3-0 Arsenal

5-2-3 formation for this GW,

Bournemouth Swansea 0-0 would be beautiful

pity Walcott can't show that form in the league...

• Advertisement

teams in 1st 3rd and 4th in money are absolute carnage now :D
    1st still has wildcard..........I have just willian missing and will bank transfer.
    going to be tough to pick team as all 5 defenders could keep cleanies and I do not want to be leaving points on the bench this week!
    also mulling over whether to go against the grain and not captain aguero......be awful annoying though if any gains were wiped out by a massive haul from him for the others

5-2-3 formation for this GW,

Bournemouth Swansea 0-0 would be beautiful

Can only see goals in that game whereas the Stoke v Southampton game looks like it could be 0-0.

Can only see goals in that game whereas the Stoke v Southampton game looks like it could be 0-0.

yea didn't have much cash, and saw that jackson was dropping so sold him and bought a second swansea defender - they have villa next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Fpl app just confirmed the Arsenal fixture as postponed! Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Fpl app just confirmed the Arsenal fixture as postponed! Brilliant!

Why is that good?
    I'd have loved if it still hadn't updated and people didn't realise until after the deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I can field 11 this week in a 4-4-2, with 4 blanks on my bench.

Butland
    Alderweireld Simpson Bertrand Daniels
    Mahrez Alli Sigurdsson
    Aguero Vardy Kane

Hennessey Ozil Payet Bellerin.

1 FT, I was thinking of banking it but with those blanks on the bench it's a bit risky. I'm in a great position in my league since I'm able to play a full team without take hits or using my WC so I kinda want to make sure I do field 11.
    I'm undecided whether to take out Payet or Ozil. I'm leaning more towards Payet.

Also wondering who to bring in. Yaya, Wijnaldum, Arnautovic, Tadic? Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

spock. wrote: »
    Why is that good?
    I'd have loved if it still hadn't updated and people didn't realise until after the deadline.

People won't have the app that are casuals and a lot of them won't log in till sat at 10 am too realise that their teams are in tatters in my main money league I'm fifth

The 4 above have a max of 6 players (some as little as 4) players with fixtures they won't be able too fix this without huge hits

MrMac84 wrote: »
    People won't have the app that are casuals and a lot of them won't log in till sat at 10 am too realise that their teams are in tatters in my main money league I'm fifth

The 4 above have a max of 6 players (some as little as 4) players with fixtures they won't be able too fix this without huge hits
    This is THE week
    Death to all casuals :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

So time to say adios to Sanchez after his multiple blanks, one assist and one goal.

Not sure who to draft in...head says Yaya, heart says Siggy

Aenaes wrote: »
    I can field 11 this week in a 4-4-2, with 4 blanks on my bench.

Butland
    Alderweireld Simpson Bertrand Daniels
    Mahrez Alli Sigurdsson
    Aguero Vardy Kane

Hennessey Ozil Payet Bellerin.

1 FT, I was thinking of banking it but with those blanks on the bench it's a bit risky. I'm in a great position in my league since I'm able to play a full team without take hits or using my WC so I kinda want to make sure I do field 11.
    I'm undecided whether to take out Payet or Ozil. I'm leaning more towards Payet.

Also wondering who to bring in. Yaya, Wijnaldum, Arnautovic, Tadic? Any suggestions?

I could only bring in Yaya from that lot. Siggy is the only midfielder I'd take ahead of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Cartman78 wrote: »
    So time to say adios to Sanchez after his multiple blanks, one assist and one goal.

Not sure who to draft in...head says Yaya, heart says Siggy

Heart in my opinion!

Not sure what to do myself. I think I might move Bellerin on and bring in that lad Charlie at long last! His ppg for the last like 15 games is astonishing.

Either that or I get rid of Lingard and go back to a strong front eight. But I'll probably change my defender because it's a bit overkill at the moment with Kompany, Alder, Bertie and McAuley also there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Either Ozil out to one of Siggy/Yaya or Costa out to Vardy. SOMEONE HELP. All seem like realistic choices given the match-ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

Ward to Kompany done, will roll the second.

Either Ozil out to one of Siggy/Yaya or Costa out to Vardy. SOMEONE HELP. All seem like realistic choices given the match-ups.

I think you have to look ahead to GW 31/32 match ups. For example my initial plan was to get Bellerin or Cawson out for Alderweireld but now that Fonte is suspended I think I will ship him instead. Reason being Arsenal have Everton and Watford and WBA have Norwich and Sunderland in GW 31/32 while Southampton have Liverpool and Leicester.
    In your case I'd try to hold Ozil if Possible given his good GW 31/32 fixtures. Siggy has great fixtures (Villa-Stoke) while city not so much (Manunited-Bournemouth).

You can track upcoming fixtures on the fixture ticker here: http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/ to help you plan ahead.

I think you have to look ahead to GW 31/32 match ups. For example my initial plan was to get Bellerin or Cawson out for Alderweireld but now that Fonte is suspended I think I will ship him instead. Reason being Arsenal have Everton and Watford and WBA have Norwich and Sunderland in GW 31/32 while Southampton have Liverpool and Leicester.
    In your case I'd try to hold Ozil if Possible given his good GW 31/32 fixtures. Siggy has great fixtures (Villa-Stoke) while city not so much (Manunited-Bournemouth).

You can track upcoming fixtures on the fixture ticker here: http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/ to help you plan ahead.

...Thanks. I am very much aware of the fixtures, but I appreciate you took the time to actually type all that out. :cool:

My question is for my 2nd FT: Silva or Yaya in; Payet or Ozil out?

I will be wild carding in GW 33. West Ham have slightly worse fixtures than Arsenal in GW 31/32 (Che a; CPl H vs Eve a; Wat H) but should I keep Payet over Ozil given his form regardless of fixtures?

Form over fixtures! I have every intention of holding onto Payet. Ozil out to Siggy seems likely for me insofar as Swansea play Villa after Bournemouth. Then I'll do Arnie to either Ozil or Sanchez (the latter likely would encourage another complete loss of form for Sanchez as that's been the way with him this season) the week after.

Goalkeeper needed for GW30 and possibly up to 32 until wildcard.

Hart (nor, MNU, bou) the obvious choice but City defence has never been kind to me. They'll be highly owned though.

Butland (SOT, wat, SWA) also a shout 2 home and away to the team who can't score. Would cover off Stoke defence who will also be highly owned and I don't have any.

Differential option would be Fabianski (bou, AVL, sto) and a Swans defence double up. Swansea treble actually as I have Siggy. To much Swans reliance?

A Hart
    B Butland
    C Fab
    ???

Ozil to Eriksen or silva
    or
    Lukaku to kane

• Advertisement

Ozil to Eriksen or silva
    or
    Lukaku to kane

Kane.

Eriksen/Silva could be great but flaky and unreliable. In your position rank wise cover Kane.

Advertisement