Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 30 Transfer Thread - Battling the Blanks

Comments

FHFC wrote: »
    Goalkeeper needed for GW30 and possibly up to 32 until wildcard.

Hart (nor, MNU, bou) the obvious choice but City defence has never been kind to me. They'll be highly owned though.

Butland (SOT, wat, SWA) also a shout 2 home and away to the team who can't score. Would cover off Stoke defence who will also be highly owned and I don't have any.

Differential option would be Fabianski (bou, AVL, sto) and a Swans defence double up. Swansea treble actually as I have Siggy. To much Swans reliance?

A Hart
    B Butland
    C Fab
    ???

I think you've made the best case for taking in Butland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Am I best off banking a transfer and playing with 10 this week? Or bring in Daniels as my cheap 5th defender and play 4-4-2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭skippy15

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Am I best off banking a transfer and playing with 10 this week? Or bring in Daniels as my cheap 5th defender and play 4-4-2?

Bring in Daniels. Signed him few weeks ago some player for me since, my hero this season.
    Even if only gets 2 points worth a transfer especially if you have a wc plan in next few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Brought in sig for willian, 12 players now, sig playing villa next week swung it, still have one free transfer, will be keeping it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Costa to Kane is one of mine provided Kane comes through tomorrow night (if he plays). The other is looking like Sanchez to Siggy. Will leave me playing:

Forster
    VVD Daniels Simpson Alder
    Alli Siggy Mahrez
    Kane Aguero Vardy

Hennessy, Wanyama, Cawson, Payet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Yaya or Erikson in for Willian? I've two city and two Spurs already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

MrMac84 wrote: »
    People won't have the app that are casuals and a lot of them won't log in till sat at 10 am too realise that their teams are in tatters in my main money league I'm fifth

The 4 above have a max of 6 players (some as little as 4) players with fixtures they won't be able too fix this without huge hits

I'm thinking that it would be good if people panicked and brought in last minute defenders for minus points and they flopped than players not playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

patmac wrote: »
    I'm thinking that it would be good if people panicked and brought in last minute defenders for minus points and they flopped than players not playing.

My ideal scenario is that people panic and use their WC this week.
    For all we know, this week could be a low scoring week.... where 7 vs 11 might not make a massive difference. If they panic and use their WC now, I think there'll be more ground to be made up GW34-37.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

11 players after one transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

patmac wrote: »

People taking hits to reach 11 is ideal scenario. Otherwise there is a good chance they'll be in better shape for GW34 DGW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Looking at bringing in a Spurs defender. I can't afford Vertonghen so who is the best option.

I'm currently slightly favouring Wimmer over Dier. It's hard to predict what full backs will play in any given match.

Who would you pick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

eagle eye wrote: »
    Looking at bringing in a Spurs defender. I can't afford Vertonghen so who is the best option.

I'm currently slightly favouring Wimmer over Dier. It's hard to predict what full backs will play in any given match.

Who would you pick?

Dier is on 8 yellow cards, so will likely face a two game suspension before the end of the season.

Wimmer could lose his spot when Vert is back fit. Not sure when he's due back, but worth checking.

And I assume you mean Toby Alder and not Vert?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2 Transfers for a -4 gives me 11.That result last night forced my hand with 2 Arsenal and 1 WBA gone for this weekend.
    Siggy and Daniels in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Dier is on 8 yellow cards, so will likely face a two game suspension before the end of the season.

Wimmer could lose his spot when Vert is back fit. Not sure when he's due back, but worth checking.

Dier did have 5 yellows before October ended though, so 3 since isn't too bad. Vertonghen is due back early April I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

LostArt wrote: »
    Dier did have 5 yellows before October ended though, so 3 since isn't too bad. Vertonghen is due back early April I think.

It could be 9 now actually as he was booked against Arsenal. I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

It could be 9 now actually as he was booked against Arsenal. I'm not sure.

Yep he was indeed. Running a tight rope, but once were past this week then it's not too bad. I've got him, but have Swansea, Stoke, Bouremouth & Chelsea Defender alongside so a 2 game hit wouldn't be the worst in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah apologies, can't afford Toby and Vert is obv out.

I don't intend to keep this player for too long. Aiming to use the WC for GW 34.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I made a mess of my planning. I meant to do a 4 point hit week 29 (Yaya) and a 4 point hit for week 30. I somehow convinced myself that my team was and only needed the hit for this week which I have done (Jones and Walters out, Wimmer and Yaya in) but am stuck on 10 players.

Not taking an 8 hit to reach 11 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I thought I was in good shape for this week but it seems I misjudged.

Cedric seems to have lost his place again and I have no goalkeeper.

I'm thinking of getting Lloris in for Foster or Schmeichel in for Hennessey. That would give me 11 if Cedric manages to get a game.

Is it worth a -4 to replace one of the following:

Nyom
    Cedric
    Sanchez
    Igahlo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I have 11 starters available for this gw. 2ft's gonna use one so not to waste a transfer

Any suggestion for a decent punt this gw?
    Have all the obvious ones Siggy, Arnie..haven't got Daniels though. Worth getting in now? Seems to have tough fixtures on the horizon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

John83 wrote: »

Cedric seems to have lost his place again and I have no goalkeeper.

I'm thinking of getting Lloris in for Foster or Schmeichel in for Hennessey. That would give me 11 if Cedric manages to get a game.

Is it worth a -4 to replace one of the following:

Nyom
    Cedric
    Sanchez
    Igahlo

Watford seem to be gone off form so may be worth an upgrade there for Nyom or Igahlo if you really want to. Not sure if its worth a hit this week imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I have 11 starters available for this gw. 2ft's gonna use one so not to waste a transfer

Have all the obvious ones Siggy, Arnie..haven't got Daniels though. Worth getting in now? Seems to have tough fixtures on the horizon.

Got him in awhile ago for a couple games but he's giving great returns regardless of opposition so I'll be keeping him until at least WC week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

John83 wrote: »

I have no goalkeeper.

I'm thinking of getting Lloris in for Foster or Schmeichel in for Hennessey.

Joe Hart, gives you a game this week and also is a building block towards a DGW as City will definitely have one whilst Lloris and Schmeichel may not.

Same logic applies to Rob Elliot and he is cheaper.... but Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Need targett to play to make 11

Watford seem to be gone off form so may be worth an upgrade there for Nyom or Igahlo if you really want to. Not sure if its worth a hit this week imo

Yeah neither of them have been involved for me for weeks. I'm planning a GW33 WC so was going to clear them out then. I don't have the cash to change them to upgrade either without a WC.

The only place I can see a possible -4 is to ship Sanchez for a Spurs midfielder. But I already have Alli, Eriksen has been quite and Lamela seems to only shine in Europe. So it's a bit risky considering I'm chasing points.

Joe Hart, gives you a game this week and also is a building block towards a DGW as City will definitely have one whilst Lloris and Schmeichel may not.

Same logic applies to Rob Elliot and he is cheaper.... but Newcastle.

I think I'll steer clear of Newcastle. I've reached my quota of City players unfortunately. Completely misjudged WBA having a blank following a win by Arsenal last night so I went with bringing in Kompany last week rather than Hart.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Same here. It's unlikely he'll play but there's no way I'm taking a hit to replace him.

The Swansea Striker as they have Villa after this GW.

Let me know if you work out which one is the starting Striker though. I thought it was Paloschi but it seems a bit up in the air now.

Actually think I may bring in Yaya or Silva for Ozil and go AOA. Time to start using chips.

• Advertisement

The Swansea Striker as they have Villa after this GW.

Let me know if you work out which one is the starting Striker though. I thought it was Paloschi but it seems a bit up in the air now.

Ah no too dodgey. Have a strong feeling my VAK strikeforce will each score this gw. Mind you ive had that feeling every week:pac::mad:

Ah no too dodgey. Have a strong feeling my VAK strikeforce will each score this gw. Mind you ive had that feeling every week:pac::mad:

I'm sure I read 'decent punt' in your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I have 4.7 to spend on a defender this week to get me up to 11, i'm thinking of a stoke defeneder...any thoughts?

I'm sure I read 'decent punt' in your post.

He would be a decent punt if I knew that he was a certain starter. Looking at my strikers fixtures they have weak opposition and are usually certain to start.
    I will keep him in mind for next gw! May bring him in for Vardy, cheers for the heads up though, I would never have considered him.

Think im settled with doing Yaya for Ozil and playing my aoa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I have 4.7 to spend on a defender this week to get me up to 11, i'm thinking of a stoke defeneder...any thoughts?

Who've you already got!?!

Edit : Just get Charlie Daniels if you don't have him!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Sorry Rod I may have mis read that, you have 4.7m total or 4.7m to spare! I was presuming money was not an issue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Same here, have a FT to use but I might let it roll. Matty will come to the rescue. He always does. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

PARlance wrote: »
    Same here, have a FT to use but I might let it roll. Matty will come to the rescue. He always does. :)

I really wanted targett to play last 2 weeks to avoid points if the bench for opponents
    I really do want him to play this weekend.......

skippy15 wrote: »
    Bring in Daniels. Signed him few weeks ago some player for me since, my hero this season.
    Even if only gets 2 points worth a transfer especially if you have a wc plan in next few weeks

Damn, meant to say Francis, as he's 4.1m! I heard talk about Daniels here a while back, so fair play to those who brought him in. Just think 4.9m is too expensive as 5th defender. Will prob need funds to upgrade Siggy to Sanchez/Ozil at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Damn, meant to say Francis, as he's 4.1m! I heard talk about Daniels here a while back, so fair play to those who brought him in. Just think 4.9m is too expensive as 5th defender. Will prob need funds to upgrade Siggy to Sanchez/Ozil at some stage.

Who are your defenders? :eek: Daniels is my 3rd defender.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Who are your defenders? :eek: Daniels is my 3rd defender.

Mert, Dier, Wolly, Cedric, Borthwick-J.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

For ppl who are WC in GW 33, are you taking a pretty short term view on transfers for the next three GW? I.e choosing players who have the most favourable chance of points in that GW? Regardless of fixtures in 32 and 33. Just trying to decide between Williams and Daniels. Daniels btr fixture this week but Williams better fixtures in next three in general.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Fant11 wrote: »
    For ppl who are WC in GW 33, are you taking a pretty short term view on transfers for the next three GW? I.e choosing players who have the most favourable chance of points in that GW? Regardless of fixtures in 32 and 33. Just trying to decide between Williams and Daniels. Daniels btr fixture this week but Williams better fixtures in next three in general.
    Daniels is fixture proof IMO. He's on penalties and his attacking stats are remarkable.

Definite season keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Daniels has produced a relatively consistent return of attacking points though. I have Adam Smith and Williams already so there isn't much of a decision to be made for me, but if I was making the decision from scratch now I'd go with Daniels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I'm choosing between Williams and Daniels and am wildcarding in GW33 (most likely) as well. My instinct was to go with Daniels, but I'd have to carry him through Spurs and Man City, whereas I could wildcard and bring him in in GW33. Williams is first team quality for the next three weeks, with AV at home in the middle.

Mert, Dier, Wolly, Cedric, Borthwick-J.

I'd probably start Daniels over them most weeks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

km79 wrote: »
    I really wanted targett to play last 2 weeks to avoid points if the bench for opponents
    I really do want him to play this weekend.......

Fonte is suspended isn't he?
    Decent chance he plays if Koeman shuffles with the 3 at the back. Bertrand slots inside to LCB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

lougal88 wrote: »
    Fonte is suspended isn't he?
    Decent chance he plays if Koeman shuffles with the 3 at the back. Bertrand slots inside to LCB.

Or yoshida depending on formation I guess
    Most likely targett will get minutes but I'm glad I'm not relying on him !

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I'd probably start Daniels over them most weeks :P

Is he like a Baines in his hay day? Must say I don't know much about him, other than his recent great form and high ownership on Boards :P

Is he like a Baines in his hay day? Must say I don't know much about him, other than his recent great form and high ownership on Boards :P

Without the free kicks :P But it's crazy. When he doesn't get a clean sheet he seems to always get an assist or goal and bonus. Penalties in his locker I think it's a no brainer. I wouldn't be able to bench him right now given his form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Ozil going to drop tonight so he is going to force my hand. Who is it guys? Silva/Yaya/Arnie?
    I have Mahrez, Alli, Payet and Siggy as my other mids....

• Advertisement
Advertisement