Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 30 Transfer Thread - Battling the Blanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Ozil going to drop tonight so he is going to force my hand. Who is it guys? Silva/Yaya/Arnie?
    I have Mahrez, Alli, Payet and Siggy as my other mids....

Silva if you can afford him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

spock. wrote: »
    Silva if you can afford him.

I absolutely can. He was my 1st choice too. Done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

On holidays so feel woefully uninformed at the moment, and would really appreciate some quick input:

I have 2 FTs and can field XI this weekend, provided that Cedric starts. Do we think that's likely? Will Fonte's suspension have a bearing?

I wanted to use one of my FTs to get a future DGW player in, rather than losing a transfer, but now I'm thinking of a sideways move of Cedric to VVD.

Here is my team, 1.8 ITB, bolded are currently starting this GW:

Cech Forster
    Cedric Dier Williams Simpson Daniels
    Sanchez Eriksen Mahrez Payet Wanyama
    Aguero Vardy Kane

Any tips for an Internet-starved FPLer would be appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

On holidays so feel woefully uninformed at the moment, and would really appreciate some quick input:

I have 2 FTs and can field XI this weekend, provided that Cedric starts. Do we think that's likely? Will Fonte's suspension have a bearing?

I wanted to use one of my FTs to get a future DGW player in, rather than losing a transfer, but now I'm thinking of a sideways move of Cedric to VVD.

Cech Forster
    Aguero Vardy Kane

Sanchez to silva\yaya or cedric to kompany

Ake --> Otamendi

Wanted to keep Ake for his dgw but his place doesn't look secure anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Cech Forster
    Aguero Vardy Kane

Sanchez -> Siggy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Had 2 free transfers this week and brought in Ramsey for Firmino for a one week punt without realising Arsenal weren't playing.

Should I use my spare transfer to get rid of Rambo now or bank it and have 2 trannys next week (I can still field XI without Ramsey)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Had 2 free transfers this week and brought in Ramsey for Firmino for a one week punt without realising Arsenal weren't playing.

Should I use my spare transfer to get rid of Rambo now or bank it and have 2 trannys next week (I can still field XI without Ramsey)

Well he's injured for six weeks unfortunately, so he's just a liability to your team. I'd suggest transferring him out this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Cech Forster
    Aguero Vardy Kane

VVD doesn't have great fixtures, I wouldn't do it

• Advertisement

spock. wrote: »
    Ake --> Otamendi

Wanted to keep Ake for his dgw but his place doesn't look secure anymore.

In the Watford XI? He was benched for ManU presumably for fatigue and has started every other match, been filling in at CB for Britos

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Which goalie to start this weekend?

Butland(SOU) or Lloris(avl)?

Leaning towards Lloris but have been stung with Butland a few times and struggling to see Southampton scoring either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Cech Forster
    Aguero Vardy Kane

You're already covered for Saints defense with Forster. Saints next 3 aren't that easy fixtures (though they did prove they could be fixture proof CS-wise).

So I think your first idea (get in a DGWer) was better. So either Sanchez -> Silva/Yaya or Cédric -> Kompany. Or both?
    Siggy is a good option too in midfield but doesn't have any DGW. You have 2 FT, maybe you could take a 1-week punt on him though I suppose you're not too keen on selling Payet. Maybe for Wanyama if you have the funds. But then you'd have to manage a strong front 8 which you may not want to.

Maybe DGW34 fixtures will be announced before gW30 deadline. This could help you choose your transfers better ;).

Which goalie to start this weekend?

Butland(SOU) or Lloris(avl)?

Leaning towards Lloris but have been stung with Butland a few times and struggling to see Southampton scoring either
    Tough one. Maybe wait for the bookies odds to decide.

iroced wrote: »
    Maybe DGW34 fixtures will be announced before gW30 deadline. This could help you choose your transfers better ;)

Supposed to be announced today I think!

Edit: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/n...-released.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Who've you already got!?!

Edit : Just get Charlie Daniels if you don't have him!

Yep I have Daniels, Toby and Simpson with Hart in goal.

Thinking a Stoke player is best bet, despite their poor run coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ighalo to Kane provided Kane gets through tonight alright. I'll manage 11 starters barring injury/rotation. No outfield subs tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Toure or Silva. I just can't decide :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If I put in my four players who aren't playing this weekend, I assume auto subs will still happen? I wanna troll some of my leagues but wanna make sure I'm not the stung one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

SantryRed wrote: »
    If I put in my four players who aren't playing this weekend, I assume auto subs will still happen? I wanna troll some of my leagues but wanna make sure I'm not the stung one...

Of course they will. Go for it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭L.S.F

Messed up with Arsenal players forgetting about their reply and brought Ospina in for DDG for my free transfer thinking he'd go up in price and had Ozil making up my bare XI. Will have to take a -4 or even -8 hit to field a squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

L.S.F wrote: »
    Messed up with Arsenal players forgetting about their reply and brought Ospina in for DDG for my free transfer thinking he'd go up in price and had Ozil making up my bare XI. Will have to take a -4 or even -8 hit to field a squad

I'm struggling to get the right mix of sympathy / delight. You wont be alone, which is a consolation for you and great for us addicts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Kane rested this evening, I only had small Kane fear the weekend, that has now multiplied.

Would you swap Costa out for him? Considering I also only have 9 currently playing the weekend.

No fts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Dilemma:

I have 11 players with games this week. They should all start, with 1 exception: Targett. There's a chance he may play with Fonte banned, but nothing guaranteed.

Now, I could replace O'Shea (or Cawson) with someone who has a game (between Cook and Cameron...limited funds!). But would I be better keeping that transfer and using towards DGW 34? Whoever I get in won't have a 2 games in GW34, so it's sort of a waste in that regard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Dilemma:

I have 11 players with games this week. They should all start, with 1 exception: Targett. There's a chance he may play with Fonte banned, but nothing guaranteed.

Now, I could replace O'Shea (or Cawson) with someone who has a game (between Cook and Cameron...limited funds!). But would I be better keeping that transfer and using towards DGW 34? Whoever I get in won't have a 2 games in GW34, so it's sort of a waste in that regard.

Yes.
    That's what I would do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Toure or Silva. I just can't decide :(

Silva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

PARlance wrote: »
    I'm struggling to get the right mix of sympathy / delight.

:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Lads

Looking for a 1 week punt

Ramsey to Arnautovic or Shaqiri?

Lads

Arnie I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Lads

Arnie. Much more threat over the last few weeks than Shaqiri.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Is bringing in Afobe madness?

Wanted to go Lukaku to Kane but 0.02 out in funds.

Happy with rest of team and dont want to take a points hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Sanchez to Siggy done.

Have 11 now with no active subs so no margin for error.

Both of my main league rivals will have to take hits or field < 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Hart - Hennessy
    Fuchs - Simpson - Ivanovic - Target - Williams
    Willian - Firmino - Siggy - Alli - Mahrez
    Costa - Kun - Kane

1 transfer - 1.2m in Bank

I'm Thinking of just using the 1 transfer and doing Ivanovic to Kompany.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Might just use 1 FT on 5th defender. Should I take into consideration players with DGWs for this? Was thinking Francis in as he is cheap and safe option. But he has no DGWs.

Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 2m2 minutes ago
    PELLEGRINI: “We’ll play a strong team against Norwich. Then we’ll decide about Kyiv. We’re not thinking about the next round.” #mcfc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yaya out kills me

Yaya out kills me

I'll probably get Siggy for -4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

When are DGWs happening ?

Yaya out is brilliant news for me, glad I paid the extra for Silva now.
    With Aguero(c), Silva and Otamendi in the early game, I need a big performance from City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I delayed bringing Yaya in for Ozil or Payet all week.

Wijnaldum is tempting me now but I might just have my bare 11 this week and see how he fares against Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Arsenal beating Hull saw me lose Bellerin and Ozil which were previously owned, so, fielding 10 and taking -4 on Ozil>Silva.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm all in on the top versus bottom games this week anyways. Of my 11 playing, 9 are made up from:

Leicester vs. Newcastle (Simpson, Mahrez, Vardy)
    City vs. Norwich (Kompany, Sterling, Aguero)
    Spurs vs. Villa (Alderweireld, Alli, Kane)

Three clean sheet wins please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

So now I have a decision with Yaya acting the ball locks.

My plan was to bring Firmino in for him after this GW. I can still do that, I have Adam Smith on the bench who comes in and I still have 11 players. I havent used my transfer this week, so I can bring Sterling in for Yaya and then do Sterling->Firmino next week. So, my dilemma is keep the transfer and have 2 next week and start Smith, or bring in Sterling now and then do the swap next GW.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

keano_afc wrote: »

My plan was to bring Firmino in for him after this GW. I can still do that, I have Adam Smith on the bench who comes in and I still have 11 players. I havent used my transfer this week, so I can bring Sterling in for Yaya and then do Sterling->Firmino next week. So, my dilemma is keep the transfer and have 2 next week and start Smith, or bring in Sterling now and then do the swap next GW.

Thoughts?

Start smith if you have played your wildcard
    Transfer will be precious for DGW

keano_afc wrote: »

Thoughts?

All depends on your WC situation really. I would save the transfer if you've already used WC

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That yaya injury has killed me this week. I have 2 fts but reluctant to use both of them as I already have used my wildcard. So don't want to be taking out lads with doubles.

That yaya injury has killed me this week. I have 2 fts but reluctant to use both of them as I already have used my wildcard. So don't want to be taking out lads with doubles.

tbh getting rid of Yaya may not be a bad thing. he's had a pretty sub-par season, and by the time the doubles roll around KDB should be back which will probably mean a deeper role for Yaya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'll probably do Payet -> Silva and roll my transfer over and hope that my then 11 players might all play.

My GW30 "Prodston Punt" is:

Kelechi Iheanacho

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

manual_man wrote: »
    tbh getting rid of Yaya may not be a bad thing. he's had a pretty sub-par season, and by the time the doubles roll around KDB should be back which will probably mean a deeper role for Yaya

I'd prefer kdb for the double it's just all transfers are precious if u have used your wildcard. I'm debating playing 423 this week and rolling a transfer.

I'd prefer kdb for the double it's just all transfers are precious if u have used your wildcard. I'm debating playing 423 this week and rolling a transfer.

i got in Siggy for Yaya for -4, so i'll be able to field XI - though definitely with an eye on gw31 too with Siggy H to Villa

Friend & Foe:

My mate Matty was on the chopping board this week. I could lie and say I was holding my transfer until the midweek games passed, but the reality is that it was too hard to let him go.

After 11 glorious points last week, my old Foe has come back to bite me. Yaya is forcing a sideways transfer to Silva that would leave 11 players including Matty.

I'm not in the humour to transfer out Matty for a -4, there's a potential 15 point swing there :)
    So Matty, it's up to you kiddo, you've never let me down when I needed you most. I know you don't have an 11 pointer in you ever week, but this is your week.

Tldr: Yaya to Silva, leaving me with 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

km79 wrote: »
    Start smith if you have played your wildcard
    Transfer will be precious for DGW
    PARlance wrote: »
    All depends on your WC situation really. I would save the transfer if you've already used WC

I still have my WC, so the transfer wouldnt be a big deal. Will keep mulling it over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement