Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 30 Transfer Thread - Battling the Blanks

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Got A.Williams in for Cedric as I didnt want to lose a player with him being rested again and Southampton have tough games coming up in next 2 GW before my WC.

Also means I don't have to worry about Arnie running riot! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Am I the only one with a "who should I play" dilemma this week?

Need to bench one of....
    • Alderweireld (Villa A)
    • Kompany (Nor A)
    • Williams (Bou A)
    • Simpson (New H)
    Presume it's Williams yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »

Need to bench one of....
    • Alderweireld (Villa A)
    • Kompany (Nor A)
    • Williams (Bou A)
    • Simpson (New H)
    I have alder Fuchs willy smith AND Williams !
    Have to bench 2 !
    Current benching smith and Williams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Shedite27 wrote: »

Need to bench one of....
    • Alderweireld (Villa A)
    • Kompany (Nor A)
    • Williams (Bou A)
    • Simpson (New H)
    I looked at the bookies odds re clean sheets for Dier, Smith, Williams, Fuchs and VVD, and Williams lost out. He's benched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Yaya or Erikson in for Willian? I've two city and two Spurs already.

Dodged a bullet here! Didn't pull the trigger on either and with the Yaya news it's lucky! I decided too go ligard too winjilium (the Dutch lad who plays for Newcastle) hopefully the Rafa effect kicks him on a bit! Can't be a worse punt then Lingard was ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Made no sense bringing in Yaya before Today. Especially at this stage of the season where that extra 0.1 is getting less and less significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Silva, Siggy or Arnie that is the question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Made no sense bringing in Yaya before Today. Especially at this stage of the season where that extra 0.1 is getting less and less significant.

Yeah I'm a sucker for the early transfer as ye may know but no way I was doing anything before this evening at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭larchielads

When are the double game weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

When are the double game weeks?

we'll know alot more after this weekends' fa cup games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think I'll be doing yaya and lukaku to wijnaldum and kane. Means I can field 11. I have to get kane it's too risky to go without this week and then I really need to replace yaya with a player that plays this week and has a double as ive no wildcard. I don't have enough money for silva unfortunately.
    The other alternative is to just do lukaku to kane and play with 10. It would mean I'd be rolling a transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I think I'll be doing yaya and lukaku to wijnaldum and kane. Means I can field 11. I have to get kane it's too risky to go without this week and then I really need to replace yaya with a player that plays this week and has a double as ive no wildcard. I don't have enough money for silva unfortunately.
    The other alternative is to just do lukaku to kane and play with 10. It would mean I'd be rolling a transfer.

Just joining the thread now, I'm continuing to go without Kane as I'd prefer to hold Lukaku, I am gonna bring in Eriksen though for extra Spurs cover and I want to bring in Silva but I'm reading that he is not 100% sure of his place, could this be true????
    Oh and I'll be playing with 10 and a 4 point hit:o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Just joining the thread now, I'm continuing to go without Kane as I'd prefer to hold Lukaku, I am gonna bring in Eriksen though for extra Spurs cover and I want to bring in Silva but I'm reading that he is not 100% sure of his place, could this be true????
    I have debated yaya to eriksen and ake to kompany and play 532. Would mean holding lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Silva has been getting injections for his ankle, but I'd think he's safe until KDB and Nasri are back after international break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Payet or Ozil out for.....

1FT & 0m ITB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Have 15 players to choose from including 2 goalies :D
    Team picks itself bar defenders though
    Playing 343 current order is
    Forster (Elliot)
    Alder Fuchs wolly (smith Williams)
    Tough call between wolly and smith but I think I have it right ?
    I'll puke if swabs game is nil all and saints isn't
    The results in those games will define my weekly score and possibly rest of season as I'm in a great position this week compared to those around me so MUST make ground
    Tempts to punt on Kane or even mahrez as captain but will prob stick with Aguero and hope the rest make up the ground for me
    I'm already 4/8 points ahead of most anyway !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yaya injury leaves me down to 9 players this week.

Looking ahead if I don't make a transfer this week I can have a full squad of double gameweekers without using my wildcard for GW34.

Am I better to just take the hit this week and leave myself in the position of still having my WC for Gameweek 37 or should I bite the bullet now and bring in 1/2 players for this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Went Firmino out, Siggy in with my FT.

Gives me the bare XI, but WC still in back pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yaya injury leaves me down to 9 players this week.

Looking ahead if I don't make a transfer this week I can have a full squad of double gameweekers without using my wildcard for GW34.

Am I better to just take the hit this week and leave myself in the position of still having my WC for Gameweek 37 or should I bite the bullet now and bring in 1/2 players for this week?

My plan is for the late WC. I'm playing 9 this week and rolling a transfer. I would advise you to have a re-read of the double gameweek planning thread. The non-announcement of the revised fixture list for the DGWs before this GW would give me a bit more confidence in suggesting the late WC plan to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Dempsey wrote: »
    Payet or Ozil out for.....

1FT & 0m ITB

How many can you field this GW? Payet is a season keeper for me at this stage. I'd keep him on bench for this GW. Ozil, maybe Sanchez, I'm looking to bring in soon as Arsenal have very nice remaining fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

sheroman01 wrote: »
    How many can you field this GW? Payet is a season keeper for me at this stage. I'd keep him on bench for this GW. Ozil, maybe Sanchez, I'm looking to bring in soon as Arsenal have very nice remaining fixtures.

I dont really want to sell either as both are keepers I think but I can WC them back in if need be

I can field 10, could transfer one of them for Siggy was the thinking

Could sell Bellerin or Ward?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Just quickly scrolled back through the ast couples of pages of the thread... What's the Yaya news? Injury? Have no time to search for it, am finalsing my skiing trip packing :D. Anyway this should make getting Silva in an easy choice :cool:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

iroced wrote: »
    Just quickly scrolled back through the ast couples of pages of the thread... What's the Yaya news? Injury? Have no time to search for it, am finalsing my skiing trip packing :D. Anyway this should make getting Silva in an easy choice :cool:.

You enjoy your skiing, no need to worry about your team this week!!!

Silva in for Sanchez. Gonna start my blank players and have my subs come in for them for a morale boosting rank boost on Monday night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Hmmm... Knew it was a "fake" blank as I'm having a selection dilemma before forgetting about the game for a week :D.

VVD away to Wolly or Wolly home to VVD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Was contemplating ivanovic to kompany all day. Then last second did willian to arnautovic. Always ends in tears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Silva in for Sanchez. Gonna start my blank players and have my subs come in for them for a morale boosting rank boost on Monday night :P

I did this too :pac:

siblers wrote: »
    I did this too :pac:

I've never done this before. I keep rechecking in case I did it wrong or something:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I've never done this before. I keep rechecking in case I did it wrong or something:P

Haha, I did the same. I've checked my team around 5 times to make sure I didn't balls it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

What say ye about Mattew Targett? ??

I have 11 starting with him in my team but if he doesn't play, R Bennett comes in and that could be for minus points if Aguero and City put Norwich to the sword

I have a FT and could bring in Daniels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I had 11 players anyways with good planning, but brought in Woolshed for Bellerin to give myself a 12th player incase someone is benched or a no-show.

Woolshed could be good for the next 3 gameweeks

Thought about Daniels, but he has a couple of rough fixtures after this gameweek and I already have Smith

Still leaves me carrying a transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Rodgeb

Great advance planning and looking after the little details had me set up with 9 starters and 2 FT which would bring it up to 11 without any hits.

Then Targett got dropped and Fonte sent off which neatly sums up the whole season for far.

So brought in Butland to have a playing keeper, Daniels and Siggy for a -4 to get me 11 if Targett gets recalled.

First time owning Siggy this season. Feels great, like welcoming an old friend home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Rodgeb wrote: »
    First time owning Siggy this season. Feels great, like welcoming an old friend home.

He done ok today

Advertisement