Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shared side entrance

Options
  • 05-03-2016 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭

hi all

comments welcome

mods please move to other thread if more suitable

buying a semi d in phibsboro is the plan

there is a 'shared' side entrance however. legal (solicitor) has come back and said very hard to find anything definitive about rights etc here which is not what i was hoping for. seller has said as garden wall at back would link to the middle of side entrance there will likely be no problem putting up concrete well splitting side entrance for instance. is there any means i can find out myself here what the story is?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

The seller will tell you anything. Unless there's something saying you have ownership to the centre of the side entrance, it could be that the next door neighbour owns the whole lot and there's a right of way granted to the owner of the other house. This is unlikely but something that you might need to consider.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ask the seller to clarify the ownership.
    It's quite common and from dealing with planning applications etc it would be highlighted yellow and shared right of way for both parties.

Putting a wall in the middle will be a civil agreement but it may block access in some instances. For example, Hillcrest Park in Finglas here is common to have a car garage to the rear and the shared access allows entry to each for each house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭frankythefish

owner says no problem putting up divide to split the side entrance. but he has reason to lie i.e. he wants place sold as stated above. if solicitor can't clarify how can i?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

owner says no problem putting up divide to split the side entrance. but he has reason to lie i.e. he wants place sold as stated above. if solicitor can't clarify how can i?

Your solicitor can write to the solicitor and ask for an explanation!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Maybe a friendly chat with the Neighbour would confirm that?

• Advertisement
Advertisement