Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a debit card walking by

Options
  • 05-03-2016 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I live in Waterford city and bank of Ireland in lisduggan is not to far from me as I was walking to lisduggan Tesco I had found a debit card belonging to a girl and ran up to bank of Ireland which was unfortunately closed I was talking to a women who uses bank of Ireland services and she told me to try bring it to Tesco service and they said to keep it till Monday and it in the problem with that is I'm in secondary just across and was told that they close at our lunch time and I was wondering is there anyway I can hand it in on the weekend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Put it through the banks letterbox or lodge box outside ! Or hand it into local gardai station .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

Letterboxes are a thing of the past with BOI, most are sealed up, usually cards are cancelled, destroyed and reissued.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

True , but no harm in handing it into gardai / BOI for them to give back or distroy card etc ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ultrasupertay

CVB wrote: »
    True , but no harm in handing it into gardai / BOI for them to give back or distroy card etc ....

Yeah your right I'll have to try tomorrow to have it in hopefully I Get it in on time

amber2 wrote: »
    Letterboxes are a thing of the past with BOI, most are sealed up, usually cards are cancelled, destroyed and reissued.

Yeah it was sadly locked when I tried using it I will try hand it on Monday but I'll try the gardi before hand

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You could give it to a teacher to drop it in and leave your name.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

There should be a free phone nber in the card for the security section. Ring that and give the card details. Tell them that you found it and are going to chop up the card. They will contact the owner and send them a new card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

I live in Waterford city and bank of Ireland in lisduggan is not to far from me as I was walking to lisduggan Tesco I had found a debit card belonging to a girl and ran up to bank of Ireland which was unfortunately closed I was talking to a women who uses bank of Ireland services and she told me to try bring it to Tesco service and they said to keep it till Monday and it in the problem with that is I'm in secondary just across and was told that they close at our lunch time and I was wondering is there anyway I can hand it in on the weekend
    Good Morning ultrasupertay,

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us here on Boards.ie. We can try and get in touch with our customer to reconcile the card with them, and avoid them having to cancel their card and issue a new one. 

We can contact our customer if you give us a call on 0818365365 option 1 and the * key. If you are unable to contact us, or if you are unable to drop this card to the bank directly, then we would ask that you destroy the card immediately. Alternatively, if you can send us a PM with your name and number and a good time to call you we can arrange this to take the details. 

Thanks for letting us know here, 

Evie

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us here on Boards.ie. We can try and get in touch with our customer to reconcile the card with them, and avoid them having to cancel their card and issue a new one. 

We can contact our customer if you give us a call on 0818365365 option 1 and the * key. If you are unable to contact us, or if you are unable to drop this card to the bank directly, then we would ask that you destroy the card immediately. Alternatively, if you can send us a PM with your name and number and a good time to call you we can arrange this to take the details. 

Evie

Hello evie I got my dad to drop in in the bank for that person so hopfully they receive that on time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Evie

Hello evie I got my dad to drop in in the bank for that person so hopfully they receive  that on time :)
    Hi, 

Thanks for doing that, we will hopefully be able to get in touch with customer and return her card to her. 

Thanks also for letting us know here.

Thanks, 

Evie 

• Advertisement
Advertisement