Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An issue with Springsteen tickets I bought

Options
  • 05-03-2016 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

First off, I am NOT trying to sell these tickets as part of this post, that will come separately on the appropriate website.

I bought 2 tickets for Springsteen on Ticketmaster the morning they went on sale. I went on to download the tickets in PDF to have a copy on my laptop.

It turns I can't go to the concert and so I contacted Ticketmaster to try get my tickets posted out so I could sell them off online. Because I downloaded them they can long longer send me a copy of the ticket as then I would have 2 sets of tickets (standing) which in retrospect makes sense.

I still want to sell them off but nobody in their right minds would feel comfortable buying print-offs of 2 tickets. Goes without saying that I've no intention of conning any fan out of the experience but how or where can I sell them securely or what should I do with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

First off, I am NOT trying to sell these tickets as part of this post, that will come separately on the appropriate website.

I bought 2 tickets for Springsteen on Ticketmaster the morning they went on sale. I went on to download the tickets in PDF to have a copy on my laptop.

It turns I can't go to the concert and so I contacted Ticketmaster to try get my tickets posted out so I could sell them off online. Because I downloaded them they can long longer send me a copy of the ticket as then I would have 2 sets of tickets (standing) which in retrospect makes sense.

I still want to sell them off but nobody in their right minds would feel comfortable buying print-offs of 2 tickets. Goes without saying that I've no intention of conning any fan out of the experience but how or where can I sell them securely or what should I do with them?

Your best bet would be to try sell to friends or relations, Facebook could work to get then out to a wider audience.

Personally I wouldn't buy printed tickets, unless it was someone I knew.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Facebook would be ideal...try and sell them to a friend or a friend of a friend

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭liz lemoncello

Do you still have the email from TM? A buyer might feel more secure seeing the original email and printing out a second copy for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Can't you just sell them on Seatwave? It's on the Ticketmaster site,think it's owned by them, and all tickets are guaranteed by Ticketmaster for piece of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

People buy them all the time and I would guess a fair % of them are not insane.

Regular tickets can be a scam too, a person can sell you tickets they bought online and report them as lost in the post. The originals will be detected as cancelled by the barcode going in. The buyer will either get new ones sent out or have to collect new ones at the box office.
    Because I downloaded them they can long longer send me a copy of the ticket as then I would have 2 sets of tickets (standing) which in retrospect makes sense.
    All they have to do is cancel the number associated with the printouts and they would be caught at entry when scanned, just like the example I gave above. They could then send you out new ones. They do not want to do this as it would cost them a small amount, and also because they are prize cunts. You can be paying nearly 7 euro for service fees and the service you get after buying is nonexistent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement