Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First gaming PC

Options
  • 05-03-2016 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I am making my first gaming pc budget around €700 it will be used for gaming and internet if anyone can help me find parts that would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i5 6400 €170
    Z170 board €90
    R9 380 €180
    1tb HDD €50
    8gb RAM €50
    500W PSU €50
    Case €50
    250gb SSD €70
    Total €710

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Herlihy777

what sort of games could run on those specs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

All the newest games on high setting at 1080p

what fps?

Essentially. Best you're going to do for any console or PC running new parts. And 60fps obviously *scoff*

It'll be a solid machine, should do 3-4 years without upgrades if you're not a graphics whore

How do you feel about over clocking?

• Advertisement

i sent u a request digital

PM? Keep all on thread, there's several lads around here know a lot more than I do, you'll miss out on their opinions

if u know anything else i might need if u said that would be appreciated

Are you interested in over clocking?

dont know what that is

• Advertisement

Grand, its not worth explaining IMO.

Change the Z170 board in my post for a H110 or H170 and the CPU from an i5 6400 to an i5 6500

Geizhals.eu is useful for picking parts, just narrow it down in hardware until you he a part chosen., it gives you a list of shops too, convenient to get all or most from one place. Mindfactoly.de is pretty cheap.

If you need any more help ask away :)

i have added u on steam look at ur friend requests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Be sure to get the correct memory for the motherboard. Many H110 and some H170 boards use DDR3. I'd recommend going for a board with DDR4.

thanks!

someone recomended me a Asus-Nvidia-GeForce-GTX`-750 for a graphics card would u think thats a good idea

It's a good card, not close to the 380 I recommend

so the pther card would be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Herlihy777 wrote: »
    so the pther card would be better?

Much better.

any other graphics cards u would recomend

Loads, but at your budget the 2gb 380 is the best card really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

OP, I recommend looking up gaming benchmarks for the R9 380 and other graphics cards. These will tell you how the cards perform.
    Likewise, look up some info on building PCs and comouter hardware. Whilst the people here are very helpful, this newfound knowledge will benefit you in the long run, and you can cut out questions early on, and ask us any 'hard' questions.
    In terms of your budget, the 380 is the best you will get, unless you want to stretch the budget an extra €30 and get a 380X, which is a slightly beefier card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Eoinmc97 wrote: »
    stretch the budget an extra €30 and get a 380X, which is a slightly beefier card.

Dunno if that's happening within 700.

But I do recommend going for a 4GB card if you can stretch it. A 4GB 380 non-x would do fine IMO.

i'd say i could extend the budget a bit

Going to 750 will net a 4gb 380

Going to 800 will net a 4gb 380X

Going to 900 will net an 8gb 390

Depends how much you want to add really

prob 750 i can always change at later date if i want

I'd go for a 380 non-X. It's a bigger jump from a 960 to a 380 than it is a 380 to a 380X. 380 will do ye grand. Make sure its 4GB though. That's the new mandatory minimum IMO.

4GB is indeed an almost necessity now, as console ports seem to hog their VRAM and next gen engines like UE4 seem to be very heavy on 2GB cards. However, you can always notch down AA if you need to, as your gpu gets older and or games get even more demanding.
    About the 380X, you could fit it in 750, as follows. It's a nifty card for shading intensive games, and offers a decent 8-15% overclock that will see you jump about 8FPS ahead of the 380, which usually scores 5-8 FPS above a 960.
    Core i5 6400: €180
    Phanteks Evolv ITX or other €70 case
    Any DRR4 supporting motherboard: €90-€100 (the PC MATE from MSI is a good non-K overclocker apprantly, don't have one to test however)
    R9 380X: €230 (Sapphire's is €232 and is a solid brand)
    8GB DDR4 RAM: €50
    500W PSU: €60-€65 (any higher are too expensive IMO for the wattage)
    1 TB HDD: €45

Scrap that build if you need peripherals or windows keys etc. because that hits €710 +- €15 for price variation.

i5 6500 €200
    Case €50
    DDR4 motherboard €70
    8gb DDR4 RAM €50
    R9 380X €230
    500w PSU €60
    1tb HDD €50
    240gb SSD €60
    Total 770

Should come closer to 750 with individual parts

a 4gb 380 is about 200 if you need to shed a few euro

*edit* OP asked me to repost a final build, hence why it's essentially identical Eoin :pac:

DDR4 motherboard €70

Where are we getting these numbers from?

When did we stop providing links to actual products in our build recommendations?

• Advertisement

Wright wrote: »
    Where are we getting these numbers from?

When did we stop providing links to actual products in our build recommendations?

Because the OP came to look for guidance. Assuming they are capable human beings, woth dignity and pride, they can scout around and look at parts themselves. We merely provide estimates and guidance.
    Providing links when not at a desktop/laptop is tedious. Forums such as the LTT, XDA and others don't do hand-holding. Why would Boards? Especially when DS has helped MANY users here.

Advertisement