Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First gaming PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Wright wrote: »
    Where are we getting these numbers from?

When did we stop providing links to actual products in our build recommendations?

Quick look at geizhals. Whats wrong with the numbers? :confused:

I only do when I'm arsed, which I'm normally not. Feel free to post the links if you want, given you don't post here often I'm not sure where the we is coming from.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

I only do when I'm arsed, which I'm normally not. Feel free to post the links if you want, given you don't post here often I'm not sure where the we is coming from.

You're better off not bother at all then IMO.

I've been taking the time to put (proper) builds together here for people for a long time, that's all I'll say about that ;), but the calibre of posters on here generally has me taking long breaks for my own sanity (which you're demonstrating very well). That's who the 'we' are, dearie. (like its an exclusive club lol)

Having said that, stop trying to change the subject. You can't even be arsed not being arsed! Just don't post if you're not arsed.

OP:
    Motherboard- http://www.amazon.es/Gigabyte-Z170-HD3P-Placa-chipset-Express/dp/B013E37FW0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457394528&sr=8-1&keywords=z170 A Z-board for a cpu that doesn't overclock but doesn't matter much. If you were going to extend the budget for any component anyway, I'd put it into a 6600K. Pairing that with a 380 and you'll be away; that's what I'm rocking atm (well, I have the x variant).

CPU- http://www.amazon.es/Intel-I5-6400-Procesador-Processor/dp/B010T6CG7E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457394688&sr=8-1&keywords=6400 (or 6600K, if you can push it)

Cooler- http://www.amazon.co.uk/Noctua-NH-C12P-SE14-CPU-Cooler/dp/B002W81KTI/ref=sr_1_8?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1457395527&sr=1-8&keywords=noctua

This is what I use, 10 quid expensive than the Hyper 212 evo but the evo is hard to install and the temps on this cooler are a bit better.

GPU- http://www.amazon.es/Sapphire-tarjeta-gr%C3%A1fica-Express-pantalla/dp/B016EY8JMG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457394759&sr=8-1&keywords=380

RAM- http://www.amazon.es/HyperX-Savage-HX426C13SBK2-Memoria-DDR4/dp/B0151PXA82/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1457394829&sr=8-15&keywords=ddr4+3000mhz

SSD- http://www.amazon.es/SanDisk-SSD-Plus-interno-lectura/dp/B00S9Q9UKS/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1457394901&sr=1-4&keywords=ssd

HDD- http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitachi-HTS721010A9E630-Travelstar-7K1000-Internal/dp/B00B4QESVQ/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1457395169&sr=8-14&keywords=7200rpm

Power supply- http://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-600-Power-Supply-Unit/dp/B01127D0MY/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1457395294&sr=1-3&keywords=psu

is what I recommend, that's about 700, plus the cheapest case you can find. The UK/spanish amazon is your best bet here, pick one for an aesthetic you'd be happy with. For a power supply, make sure its rated 80plus. The one I listed is 80plus silver and pretty much the same price as Corsair's 80plus bronze; 100W extra but sure no harm.

If you have any other questions ask away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You're better off not bother at all then IMO.

I've been taking the time to put (proper) builds together here for people for a long time, that's all I'll say about that , but the calibre of posters on here generally has me taking long breaks for my own sanity (which you're demonstrating very well). That's who the 'we' are, dearie. (like its an exclusive club lol)

Having said that, stop trying to change the subject. You can't even be arsed not being arsed! Just don't post if you're not arsed.

IMO you're the one being the arse. DS answered the OP inside 30 mins with a full spec within budget. If someone wants to build a PC then they should be able to use some cop on to source the parts. If they can't then they should just buy a pre-made PC. I only searched for one item on your list and already found a cheaper alternative to Amazon. I actually came here with a similar budget and DS's first response was an immediate help. For everyone's sanity dearie (lol) maybe change your posting style and be constructive instead of being a dick.

"I only searched for one item on your list and already found a cheaper alternative to Amazon."- Link, by all means.

We used to provide full builds with links. And yes, making comments like 'who is we' is 'being the arse'.

Not that I said that, my post was not hostile in anyway, only one displaying that is DS.

When did we stop providing links to actual products in our build recommendations?

To which the reply was

I could've joined up yesterday, and that fact would be as irrelevant when it comes to me knowing for years we actually did 'bother'.

Also, "they should be able to use some cop on to source the parts", is a terrible argument. When it was my first time building, I didn't know my arse from my elbow and lots here gave me very useful advice and links too. This is only a recent development, not bothering to provide links.

" For everyone's sanity dearie (lol) maybe change your posting style and be constructive instead of being a dick."- Maybe the problem with you not seeing the problem with DS' posting style, is that you are what you're accusing me of being. Post reported.

The reason we posts links folks, is that someone may be pushing a component or direction of a build when they shouldn't be, and they're BSing on price to make it look attractive.
    Eoinmc97 wrote: »
    Forums such as the LTT, XDA and others don't do hand-holding. Why would Boards? Especially when DS has helped MANY users here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc ;) Any newbie requests here are met with full builds, several suggestions with links to boot. I refuse to believe if you follow pc building at all, that you've never come across this subreddit. Example https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/49dbn9/800_gaming_pc_build/

You had to be so selective you literally included XDA, a mobile/android forum (a forum known for how unpleasant its posting base are).

Report away. I personally find your post offensive rather than constructive. That's what I meant by "being a dick" - first rule of boards. If you'd just posted your links without being abusive to DS that would not have been a dick post. But you didn't.

I say again - I found his post very helpful and nearly within my budget (which also needs a new monitor). And I'm happy to shop around to find the best prices for individual parts. As should everyone. There are posts here and in the C&T where the OP first posted this linking to different shops. Prices change regularly and shopping around is recommended. I've pretty much found a spec that I'm happy with in between this post and my last and a lot of it is based on the first response. Tomorrow I'll price individual parts from different shops and get the best deal I can get. That's what i'm talking about.

• Advertisement

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc ;) Any newbie requests here are met with full builds, several suggestions with links to boot. I refuse to believe if you follow pc building at all, that you've never come across this subreddit. Example https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/49dbn9/800_gaming_pc_build/

You keep editing your post so it's hard to give a single answer. Believe it or not not everyone uses reddit. I don't like it at all even for topics that I and passionate about. You can refuse to believe that all you want.

[edit] (see what I did there ;) ) That said - thanks for the tip - I'll have a look at that sub

Orion wrote: »
    Report away. I personally find your post offensive rather than constructive.

This is offensive? Ah pet. EDIT!!!! Speaking of which, I remember we even used to provide build in tables lol. Shame how people can get so lazy.

I edit posts because double posting is frowned upon. :cool: Basic forum etiquette.

EDIT!!!!- You still haven't provided a link for the component you found for cheaper. By all means, help OP out.

Actually no - editing posts to change content is frowned upon more than additional posts which add content. That's basic forum etiquette. Trust me on this - I've been around forums a lot longer than you have.

As for the price - the CPU i think it was was about a fiver cheaper from Mindfactory.

Don't get me wrong pet - you've given good advice and links. It's your delivery and attitude that's seriously lacking.

Orion wrote: »
    Actually no - editing posts to change content is frowned upon more than additional posts which add content. That's basic forum etiquette. Trust me on this - I've been around forums a lot longer than you have.

100% untrue. On all counts.

Also I showed there was nothing wrong with the delivery of my OP. Two questions. DS came in with a 'and who are you' tone which brought us here. It's not on me. :)

EDIT!!!!- Good luck OP, those parts I linked are your best bet. Mindfactory is not actually much cheaper, and its best to have amazon on your side if a part arrives dead/damaged. I ran the search for the 6400; on mindfactory, 176; http://www.mindfactory.de/search_result.php?search_query=6400&x=0&y=0 On amazon, 178 http://www.amazon.es/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?__mk_es_ES=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=6400 not even a fiver. Although, the 380 seems to be a bit cheaper there, so maybe explore that :) Not sure they take conventional payment methods though, that'd be a big'un. I remember hardwareversand didn't, not sure about the new kids on the block.

Good luck OP. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I think people are reluctant to recommend actual links to sites after so many people got burnt with hardwareversand. The option is cheap German sites or safe reliable but pricey Amazon.

Not my place to say this as I'm not mod but can you please bring this "discussion" to the off topic thread, I wouldn't blame the OP if he decides to seek advice elsewhere after all this crap.

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    I think people are reluctant to recommend actual links to sites after so many people got burnt with hardwareversand. The option is cheap German sites or safe reliable but pricey Amazon.

?? mindfactory is far more likely to disappear overnight than amazon, amazon links are pretty ironclad, IMO.

I agree with you on your other assertion.

100% untrue. On all counts.
    In your opinion. But sure kids like you are always right. Anyway goodnight. thanks for the links. Pity about the arrogance that came with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

posters on here generally has me taking long breaks for my own sanity

Perhaps a longer break is due then ;p
    I refuse to believe if you follow pc building at all, that you've never come across this subreddit
    have, but Buildapc is quicker to delve into AMD VS NVIDIA VS INTEL than here, so I refrain from putting people there, (unless I find a similar thread to the OPs.) Plus the Reddit is predominantly American and/or East Europe, with prices varying. Also, the amount of "Check it on Newegg" would render you bankrupt here XD

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

the calibre of posters on here generally has me taking long breaks for my own sanity

I can arrange for you to take a long break for our sanity, if you continue behaving like this. Being helpful is good, no reason for anyone to gainsay you for that.... and no reason for you to break out the righteous indignation and vitriol because you feel that the forum failed to "help enough, fast enough". Its a little extreme to feel that way about the thread, and even if you did, all you'd need to do to fix it is provide what you think is an appropriate level of assistance. There is absolutely no need to add personal attacks and disparaging comments - all it is doing is turning your helpful posts into decidedly unhelpful ones.

That said, it cuts both ways... Orion, really? Needling Wright is hardly going to make the situation better is it? :o Responding to attacks on you or other users by quarreling with the attacker is simply falling into their trap and leaving yourself open to moderation when you could have just reported the attack instead. No need to allow them to wind you up, or attempt to wind them up either.

In any case, let's calm down and get on with helping the OP please. I do not want to see any more verbal sparring dragging the thread even further off-topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Herlihy777

so is Wrights specs the final? you guys are kinda arguing and im a bit confused what you are recomending

Wright's is primarily links to the last builds me and Eoin posted, so yeah take it as final :)

The arguing was about me and shouldn't have happened on this thread, it's pretty irrelevant to you.

are those links the cheapest or would you recomend any other sites to purchase these parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

mindfactory.de will be cheaper, but get the case from amazon.

Alternative to Amazon is Scan.co.uk which offers a good selection also.
    You could also try OverclockersUK for cases etc.

will those specs support over clocking?

• Advertisement

Overclocking requires a Z series board with a K series processor.
    You can BCLK non K CPUs on Z170 boards, but it requires a special BIOS to do so. The gains are good enough to add extra longevity when your CPU is getting old.

The GPU can be overclocked.

Over clocking won't add enough life to the CPU to make a huge difference. I don't think it's worth worrying about

ok im currently comparing prices on different websites and then will build it thank you all for the help and advice

geizhals.eu should make that a bit easier

will this pc be able to play pc intensive games with good graphics

Yeah, its the best you can do for the money. It'll handle anything on Med-High settings and almost every game will be maxed out, or very close to it.

Realistically, if you can handle Medium settings this will play every game for the next several years, unless there are serious changes in the industry.

Have you a concern about it?

would games like ark and new games work

Not sure about ARK, its a hog on most PCs. I'd be very surprised if its not playable at the very least.

New games as in? Fallout 4, The Witcher 3 and GTAV will be sound

Just had a look and you're well inside the recommended specs for ARK

• Advertisement

cool i have found all the sites for the parts and the price is around 720 euro (not including keyboard or screen)

Advertisement