Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice of Ireland vs. The Voice UK?

Options
  • 05-03-2016 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

Do you watch both the UK Voice (BBC1) and The Voice of Ireland (RTE1)? - which is the better show of the 2 in terms of production , atmosphere, judges and calibre of singers/contestants?

For me the UK Voice knocks spots off the Irish voice on every account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

bbc Vs rte - its obvious - look at the caliber of judges ffs. 4 z rated douche-bags in my opinion, sorry if that offends anyone but they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Given the gulf in budget unfair to compare them really! The whole set up on the UK show is way ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

you're probably right it is a bit unfair to compare them, but to sit through the rte series is painful. sorry cant do it, I do enjoy the bbc production and at least the judges have the courtesy of standing up and shaking hands/hugging some of the competitors. the 4 Irish eejits just sit there and watch them walk away - pathetic if you ask me.

It also doesn't help that the really good Irish singers go to the UK version. Even with the big budget its not like the UK show has found anyone who has gone and done anything its actually impressive how poorly the contestants have done given how many from X Factor go on and have careers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Production value aside there is so much more talent and diversity of musical style in the UK. The Irish contestants don't have star quality.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

dball wrote: »
    bbc Vs rte - its obvious - look at the caliber of judges ffs. 4 z rated douche-bags in my opinion, sorry if that offends anyone but they are.

I presume we're talking about the UK version here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

No question about it, UK version is light years ahead in every way. Irish version would send me asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

So why did ireland have to go its own way, different chairs, different placement of audience (in the UK the audience are behind the judges) , different name (the voice of Ireland as apposed to the voice UK, its not called the voice of UK) so you have nearly identical format but not exactly the same. When you go for your McDonald's cheeseburger its gonna be the same in every McDonald's restaurant around the world, not just another country that takes the McDonald name and do things differently. Anyway I see that its being ditched in ireland now isn't it? Is this the last series and they are doing some other talent show to replace it?

So why did ireland have to go its own way, different chairs, different placement of audience (in the UK the audience are behind the judges) , different name (the voice of Ireland as apposed to the voice UK, its not called the voice of UK) so you have nearly identical format but not exactly the same. When you go for your McDonald's cheeseburger its gonna be the same in every McDonald's restaurant around the world, not just another country that takes the McDonald name and do things differently. Anyway I see that its being ditched in ireland now isn't it? Is this the last series and they are doing some other talent show to replace it?

In fairness its the UK who went their own way the original name is The Voice of Holland. McDonalds isn't the exactly the same all over the world and most things have local variations having said that I am guessing most of the Irish changes are due to the budget. I saw it was being ditched for Irelands got Talent or something no doubt that will suffer from the same differences.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

Royale with cheese

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

oh, jaysus - its almost like I post about different calibre of contestants on UK Voice ... but tonight there have been some contestants singing as rough as a badgers arse on tonights UK voice - just walked in to hear someone called lyrical and mary slaughtering a song, made my ears bleed! :eek:

oh, jaysus - its almost like I post about different calibre of contestants on UK Voice ... but tonight there have been some contestants singing as rough as a badgers arse on tonights UK voice - just walked in to hear someone called lyrical and mary slaughtering a song, made my ears bleed! :eek:

I think he is a beatboxer thats just throwing the singing in there.

These two girls are shocking bad though yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

So why did ireland have to go its own way, different chairs, different placement of audience (in the UK the audience are behind the judges) , different name (the voice of Ireland as apposed to the voice UK, its not called the voice of UK) so you have nearly identical format but not exactly the same.

It is different in every version of the show I have seen. It's not Ireland doing things differently. The BBC are getting rid of it after this year. The show is a turd no matter what country it is in.

Advertisement