Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Episode 12 | Not Tomorrow Yet [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

jonon9 wrote: »
    Very good episode. Side note anyone think when they were sinking the knife into their skull it was a little too easy, I understand the walkers but not the living.

Well with Glenns first kill it was clear he sunk the knife into yer mans eye which is a mainline to the brain so I think you are over thinking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

This show just gets more ridiculous by the week. No fatalities on Rick's side? NO FATALITIES?! COME ON!

I actually thought this was a strong episode prior to the break-in. I wondered who will be offed on Rick's side. My first impression was Gabriel since he is so underwhelming. Then I thought maybe it will be the lovey dovey Tara. Or perhaps Rosita in light of what happened to her relationship. Or even it could be the guy who didn't want to shoot anybody - but nobody? NOBODY?! Say whaaaaaatttttt?

Well done, writers. Way to make these enemies seem even more useless than the cannibals. How could anyone see these guys as a threat now? How? All along I've been hearing people who read the comics - which I don't - tell me 'oh, wait 'til Negan's group arrives. Then you'll see some sh*t go down. He's even worse than the Governor etc.'

Well let's review. Daryl offed a whole unit of them with a rocket launcher with none of them managing to take him down beforehand - despite being armed. And now we had several units of the infantry get offed by Rick's SAS in this episode. And they went down with a whimper. A whimper!

And boy, it sure was convenient that these guys made absolutely no sound in being stabbed, eh? No instinctive cry at all on them. Who would have thought Glenn could go from being a guy who was unsure if he could kill a man to being a guy that could expertly take them out, a la Solid Snake! And it sure was inconvenient for the guy that Abraham and Sasha took down to be coincidentally right beside an alarm. D'oh! But hey, it didn't matter because they were all shot anyway.

Ah but at least they have Carol and Maggie now. That should make them more of a threat now despite the fact they lost like thirty people in there. And speaking of Carol, can we please do away with this lazy cliche in this show of characters not wanting to TALK, and so they act out in bizarre ways that confuse everyone else instead of, y'know, TALKING. Would Carol talk to Maggie about what's on her mind? Of course not. Instead, why not start an argument and that way we can drag out the emotions over the course of three episodes, instead of one.

This show just fell off a cliff at the end. Just Thelma and Louised it. I was thinking it was 8/10 territory before the break-in but then it went down to a definite 5/10 by the end. I mean even Gabriel made it! Gabriel! GABRIEL!

Who could care about Negan's group now? Their threat is non-existent. A group that included two men who were sh*tting themselves about killing someone managed to expertly and stealthily eliminate several men by themselves! Even when the alarm was triggered they still had a clean sweep! It was 34-0 or something. And added to Daryl's numbers from the rocket attack it's nearly 50-0. They suck! They are nobodies! Who cares if they have Carol and Maggie? You know they'll escape! The writers are telling you by making this so ridiculous.

5/10

P.S. Here is the plan I'd have suggested to Rick and the others:
    Lads, let's just send Glenn. He's invincible.

For someone that seemingly hates the show you sure spend a helluva lot of time deconstructing it.

I really don't understand peoples issues with a show about a zombie Apocalypse, picking apart plot holes and what not.

Some shows are not based in reality, look at Game of Thrones, there are dragons and magic, or Breaking Bad where a nerdy teacher becomes a sadistic, murdering, Class A drug empire kingpin over the space of a couple of years. Its fantasy and pure unadulterated escapism so obviously its not always going to make logical sense.

Sheesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Why wasn't the decapitated head zombiefied (is that a word) .....do the undead need a heart pumping blood :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I had thought that they were nuts to go looking for a fight but Rick's argument in the church actually made sense.

I dunno, it still feels to me like they're picking a fight they don't have to. Rick's argument that Neagan's group would find them eventually didn't entirely convince me. The only reason Jesus found them was because Rick & Daryl brought him back to Alexandria. Maybe if one of the biker gang that ambushed the fuel truck had gotten away it would have set the two groups on a collision course. But until the raid Neagan's group had no idea the Alexandrians existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Strong episode, probably my favourite this season.

Didn't really like Glenn's first kill, it was basically murder, I think it ruins the purity of the character.

My guess is there's a bigger compound with Negans gang, it just seemed to easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 VirgilBrigman

Technically a good episode but I didn't enjoy the descent into moral ambiguity - I don't buy that so many didn't question out and out murder of people they didn't know and who had not directly challenged them - aside from Glenn, who did it anyway - where was the query over whether Negan's compound had women and children in it, where was the reconnaissance mission to scope out the real story and confirm that these were indeed very bad guys? Ok, maybe it's an arc into Rick becoming more like the Governor but why do that? If it continues then as an audience member I can't root for Rick and his followers and if I stop caring, I stop watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Technically a good episode but I didn't enjoy the descent into moral ambiguity - I don't buy that so many didn't question out and out murder of people they didn't know and who had not directly challenged them - aside from Glenn, who did it anyway - where was the query over whether Negan's compound had women and children in it, where was the reconnaissance mission to scope out the real story and confirm that these were indeed very bad guys? Ok, maybe it's an arc into Rick becoming more like the Governor but why do that? If it continues then as an audience member I can't root for Rick and his followers and if I stop caring, I stop watching.

This part really annoyed me, they flew into it without doing much research. Surely Daryll and Rick/Carol could have scoped them out for a day or two to see they're comings and goings and get an idea of numbers/weapons?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

That was actually a fantastic episode of television!

Legitimately on the edge of my seat when they were in the compound. It has to be one of darkest episodes of any show ever though. They went from "plucky underdogs" (not really but you know what I mean) to straight up murdering people while they slept. I thought it was done really well though and the bit of Hozier made it extra special I felt.

Seriously though Eugene standing there with his cookies as Abraham left and Rosita was in tears was absolutely hilarious, he cracks me up with just his facial expressions :D

A thrill ride of an episode and Gabriel's "Amen" was so badass!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭storker

Great episode.

Even amongst all the chaos and killing, my favourite moment was Eugene standing there eating a cookie as Abraham ended it with Rosita.

So Abraham was only with Rosita because he thought she was the last woman in the world? Is he blind?????

irishfeen wrote: »
    Can we now take it that our group has moved from killing in self defence to actual murderers? - very interesting physiological twist in terms of the future of the group... they are basically evolving into the groups they have fought against for so long.

The difference between the Governor and Rick seems to be shrinking all the time.

To be fair, though. If Rick was really becoming another Governor, he could just have taken over Hilltop and enslaved everyone. The Saviours are a real threat; Daryl & Co found that out, and there's no reason to believe they would have treated Alexandria any differently to Hilltop once they became aware of its location. I'd see it less as murder and more like proactive self-defence. Not only are they saving themselves, they're saving the people of Hilltop too.

• Advertisement

Some shows are not based in reality, look at Game of Thrones, there are dragons and magic, or Breaking Bad where a nerdy teacher becomes a sadistic, murdering, Class A drug empire kingpin over the space of a couple of years. Its fantasy and pure unadulterated escapism so obviously its not always going to make logical sense.

Sheesh.

Just because fiction contains some elements of fantasy doesn't mean that the writers don't have a duty to keep characters' actions and motivations consistent, or at east plausible. Games of Thrones manages it, as did Breaking Bad. The viewer may be prepared to accept the existence of zombies, dragons or whatever, which may not stand up to scientific scrutiny, but that doesn't mean that anything goes or that sloppy writing doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

Negan Is Coming ............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

storker wrote: »
    Just because fiction contains some elements of fantasy doesn't mean that the writers don't have a duty to keep characters' actions and motivations consistent, or at east plausible. Games of Thrones manages it, as did Breaking Bad. The viewer may be prepared to accept the existence of zombies, dragons or whatever, which may not stand up to scientific scrutiny, but that doesn't mean that anything goes or that sloppy writing doesn't matter.

But they have the duty to keep the shows content consistent with the comics. This is the point. The creator of the comics is exec producer and chief writer on the show. So expect to see many surreal character reactions.

Personally I can't think of any comic book that as so well been translated onto tv show format. They have a lot of content to cover and they know actors like Lincoln won't be around forever so expediency of events such as the sudden and seemingly irrationally thought out decision to attack the Saviours is a natural occurrence of this.

I think they are doing a fantastic job

Yours Sincerely,

Robert Kirkman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I think it was pretty clear at the end of the episode, even before they knew Carol and Maggie were captured, that this couldn't have been the Saviours main compound. Probably more like a large collection point or something, where communities like Hilltop dropped their stuff before it was transported onwards. I think Negan's place could be more like Woodbury - a large fortified camp or small town. Rick and co will end up finding their way there, or end up being taken there, to get Maggie and Carol back. (bearing in mind that I have not read the comics and could be way off). I think they will realise quickly that they underestimated Negan and his group. I also feel that we are way overdue a Big Death, as in someone from the main group, not an Alexandrian that we have only met in the past few weeks. It could be any of them really....

Oh and has nobody mentioned Carol kissing The Guy That is Not Daryl? :) If memory serves, Carol and Daryl have had literally no interaction on-screen this season - she's certainly spent more on-screen time with Morgan thus far. I wonder where they're going with that. Could Carol (or Daryl!) be for the chop? Y'know, give her a couple of serious episodes, a potential love interest in the apocalypse <GRAPHIC NOVEL REFERENCE REMOVED>

Oh and also, just an aside....could Tara have BEEN any more pregnant in that episode? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Oh and also, just an aside....could Tara have BEEN any more pregnant in that episode? :D

Had to Lol when she was in the kitchen with a large plate covering the bump! Seen on TTD that she was 8-9 months pregnant during that episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

I think it was pretty clear at the end of the episode, even before they knew Carol and Maggie were captured, that this couldn't have been the Saviours main compound. Probably more like a large collection point or something, where communities like Hilltop dropped their stuff before it was transported onwards. I think Negan's place could be more like Woodbury - a large fortified camp or small town. ...could Tara have BEEN any more pregnant in that episode? :D
    I think the Saviours
    camp is an old factory or warehouse in the comics, It was clear that this is just a collection
    point.
    ..... And Yes, I had a good giggle when they Used a strategically placed dinner plate to hide Tara's Bump :D

I think it was pretty clear at the end of the episode, eve:D

You are clearly a comic book reader going by that post! Read it again.

You are clearly a comic book reader going by that post! Read it again.

Did I 'spoiler' something? I just stated my opinion based on what I saw on the screen....and no I haven't read the comics.

Did I 'spoiler' something? I just stated my opinion based on what I saw on the screen....and no I haven't read the comics.

As I said read it again. Right down to the last sentence. Probably coincidence I guess........

Now I see the mod edit. :)

Although in fairness if you didn't know about That Thing The Mod Snipped and it's place in the storyline at this stage in the game, you probably wouldn't have gotten the reference anyway.

• Advertisement

Now I see the mod edit. :)

Although in fairness if you didn't know about That Thing The Mod Snipped and it's place in the storyline at this stage in the game, you probably wouldn't have gotten the reference anyway.

Isn't the point though is it !!

Doesn't bother me but if you are that loose with your words, you could easily slip the tongue. You may not even read the comics but you have access to detailed spoilers going by that. Just be careful! I know, as I read the comics, how careful you have to scrutinise your posts so I empathise with you somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

storker wrote: »
    Tthere's no reason to believe they would have treated Alexandria any differently to Hilltop once they became aware of its location. I'd see it less as murder and more like proactive self-defence. Not only are they saving themselves, they're saving the people of Hilltop too.

But Alexandria & Hilltop are two very different communities. In the eyes of Neagan's crew Hilltop is a 'soft' target - lots of resources with very few guns/fighters. It requires very little effort from them to simply roll up to Hilltop and demand 'payment'.

Alexandria on the other hand has few resources but a group of well armed experienced fighters. Neagan would have to decide if the losses incurred in taking Alexandria would be worth the plunder. It's not outside the realm of possibility that Neagan might decide it's simply not worth the effort.

Greyjoy wrote: »
    But Alexandria & Hilltop are two very different communities. In the eyes of Neagan's crew Hilltop is a 'soft' target - lots of resources with very few guns/fighters. It requires very little effort from them to simply roll up to Hilltop and demand 'payment'.

Alexandria on the other hand has few resources but a group of well armed experienced fighters. Neagan would have to decide if the losses incurred in taking Alexandria would be worth the plunder. It's not outside the realm of possibility that Neagan might decide it's simply not worth the effort.

He might, but when lives are at stake, might doesn't really cut it. Not when you've already had the cannibals and the governor to deal with. Better to get your move in early than surrender the initiative to the saviours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Why wasn't the decapitated head zombiefied (is that a word) .....do the undead need a heart pumping blood :rolleyes:

More to the point... did I fall asleep for a few minutes or did they just happen to find with 3 dead guys that all looked a bit like Gregory who also hadn't turned in to zombies?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

I really hope Team Rick looted all of that weed. If Carol gets back alive I'm sure her home baking would become a LOT more popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Really good episode. Crossing and that thin line of self defense and murder. Even though I know these fellas are up to no good, I was still wondering if this was gonna turn out to be a group just like Ricks who like to grow weed but have weapons for defense and they were all being murdered in their sleep. The pics of people/zombies with their heads smashed in was very strange, nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

edit
    the song at end never heard it before did not know it was hoszier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

With all the running and gunning through the corridors and doorways, I thought there was going to be an injury/death from friendly-fire.

It does seem a bit silly that no-one from the attacking force was killed with all the bullets flying around, especially Glenn and Heath through the door. I guess they're saving the deaths for a bigger showdown with Negan's group towards the end of the season.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Someone earlier mentioned that it was a bit much that Team Rick did not have one casualty, but I think this is great. I was expecting casulties, the show will happily kill off semi main charecters when it wants, so it was a surprise in terms of what not to expect.

While this may not be the main compound, at least we didn't have to wait a large part of the season in a buildup to attacking Neagan. It's done now, onward and upward/downward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I think it was pretty clear at the end of the episode, even before they knew Carol and Maggie were captured, that this couldn't have been the Saviours main compound.

Didn't one of them say "Which one was Negan" though? That suggests they actually thought they'd killed them all.

Advertisement