Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wings For Life, Dublin 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

colin32 wrote: »
    Thanks. I'd rather be doing it in Melbourne

I'm lucky that i already had a trip home booked for a family reunion otherwise i would have signed up for Dublin or somewhere else. The Melbourne run starts at 9pm and runs on the Monash freeway (eqiv to M50 for those who don't know Melbourne) so it should be a good flat surface even if the route is boring. Probably the only chance ever as well to run on the Monash - the organisers did well to get permission for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

Best of luck with it. Couldn't see us running on the m50, probably get charged the toll fee haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

colin32 wrote: »
    Best of luck with it. Couldn't see us running on the m50, probably get charged the toll fee haha

I laughed way too hard at this. The added 'haha' killed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

It turns out I can run this :) looking at the calculator, HM distance should be well within my range. Apparently I've 2:07 to run 25k. Looking forward to something a bit different!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

I see the Irish winner from last year has chosen Melbourne to run in this year. You can hang on to him, mel.b!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Just in case people didnt see the email, number collection will be in Elverys Dundrum on Thursday 4th May and in Elverys Dun Laoghaire on Friday 6th & Saturday 7th. Apparently there will be no goodie bags given out at the number collection. You have to go back to Dun Laoghaire after the run to claim your goodie bag. I can only assume this is an attempt to get as many as possible back for the "after party". Bit of a bummer if that wasn't your intention !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Just in case people didnt see the email, number collection will be in Elverys Dundrum on Thursday 4th May and in Elverys Dun Laoghaire on Friday 6th & Saturday 7th. Apparently there will be no goodie bags given out at the number collection. You have to go back to Dun Laoghaire after the run to claim your goodie bag. I can only assume this is an attempt to get as many as possible back for the "after party". Bit of a bummer if that wasn't your intention !!

Saw that alright and makes life a bit difficult say if you were living along the route and wanted to finish and just head home. Depends on how important the goodie bag is to you I suppose. Last year it had a buff, small towel and a couple of other bits.

WHAT'S IN MY RUNNING PACK?
    Drawstring Wings for Life bag
    Wings for Life World Run towel
    Wings for Life World Run bandana
    Bottle of water
    Can of Red Bull Sugar Free
    Jelly Beans
    May issue of the Red Bulletin

Doubt if I'll bother with the party either? I'm debating whether to see how far I can go, or just call it quits at the HM point in Greystones and potentially save myself a lot of hassle getting back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Does anyone have a route/course map for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

donnacha wrote: »
    Does anyone have a route/course map for this?

On the website: Locations -> Ireland -> Info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    On the website: Locations -> Ireland -> Info

I'm an idiot that I couldn't find that myself, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

WHY dear god why do we have to go to Dun Laoghaoire or Dundrum to collect our numbers? They posted out a rake of stuff last week, could they not have stuck the number in there? Thursday is my only day off and I live ages away from those places. What a pain.

Agreed. I got a whole load of stuff from RB in the post today which could have included the number, but no. Due to other commitments, Saturday is the only day of those three I can travel across from DNS to pick up my race pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

Leading 3 just through 10k!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Down to 22 runners in Ireland. Still running: Killerz, Beepbeep, Sarah Mulligan (leading woman).
    Any other boards runners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

Sarah Mulligan just passed the marathon mark with only 800 people left running in the world, impressive stuff from her all the more given she just ran a hard half marathon last week.

El Caballo wrote: »
    Sarah Mulligan just passed the marathon mark with only 800 people left running in the world, impressive stuff from her all the more given she just ran a hard half marathon last week.
    She's the last remaining Irish female, so she's won the Irish race.

Killerz made it to 40k. Beepbeep hit the marathon distance, 42.3km.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Killerz made it to 40k. Beepbeep hit the marathon distance, 42.3km.

I biked by that marathon sign earlier, wondering what it was all about... well done Dom, glad you don't have far to travel home!

His fundraising page is here

El Caballo wrote: »
    That's right outside his house isn't it?:D

A little bit past ;), showered and beer in hand - cheers
    Pretty hilly, pretty warm, pretty fooked

• Advertisement

I see Catriona Jennings is leading the UK (Cambridge) race. She represented Ireland in the 2012 Olympic marathon in London (though PF meant a sub-standard result).
    *Edit*: and as the last remaining female, she wins the UK race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

I see Catriona Jennings is leading the UK (Cambridge) race. She represented Ireland in the 2012 Olympic marathon in London (though PF meant a sub-standard result).
    *Edit*: and as the last remaining female, she wins the UK race.

Jaysus, she's only 3.5km behind Steve Way and 53km done.

dublinrunner ran 47.92

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    A little bit past ;), showered and beer in hand - cheers
    Pretty hilly, pretty warm, pretty fooked
    You might need some after sun on that head :)

You might need some after sun on that head :)

solar powered

Any idea who the other remaining person in the Irish race might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sporteamon3

Paul Marteletti from UK. Set an Irish parkrun record yesterday.

Paul Marteletti from UK. Set an Irish parkrun record yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

A kiwi with British citizenship. He's a good friend of Steve Way. 2:17 marathon PB IIRC.

• Advertisement

Clearlier wrote: »
    A kiwi with British citizenship. He's a good friend of Steve Way. 2:17 marathon PB IIRC.

:)

Advertisement