Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan O'Sullivan protesters

• 06-03-2016 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭

Anyone notice the protesters in corbally making very serious allegations about Jan?

Who are they?

It seems like some see a new election shortly and see Jan as the weakest of the sitting TDs.

One smaller party were in election mode near Pennys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Anyone notice the protesters in corbally making very serious allegations about Jan?

Curious I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Curious I am.

They had placards and shouting very serious allegations relating to children. They based themselves on the corbally road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

You're obviously talking about the AAA? Anyone who is in the city at weekends would know that the AAA do stalls there every week. I would hardly call their weekly stall 'election mode'.

panda100 wrote: »
    I would hardly call their weekly stall 'election mode'.

You're right. Aggressive fervour might be a better way of describing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

What about children exactly?

• Advertisement

What about children exactly?

I'd rather not do their job for them.

Anyone else see them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I'd rather not do their job for them.

Anyone else see them?

Just tell us ffs

It's okay OP. Reporting the story isn't endorsing the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Who are they?

It seems like some see a new election shortly and see Jan as the weakest of the sitting TDs.

I'm confused were the people protesting in Corbally the same people/group who were in town? Or are you just connecting the two for no reason?

iguana wrote: »
    Or are you just connecting the two for no reason?

No. I'm pointing out people seem to be canvassing already. Others have pointed out that the AAA regularly do this.

However, I'm more interested in hearing from other people if they saw the corbally protestors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

What are the allegations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

No. I'm pointing out people seem to be canvassing already. Others have pointed out that the AAA regularly do this.

However, I'm more interested in hearing from other people if they saw the corbally protestors.

Did this "protest" actually happen because you seem to be the only one whose seen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Did this "protest" actually happen because you seem to be the only one whose seen it.

"u ok hun? Denis O Brine n de Brits r moder8n dis tred!"

seachto7 wrote: »
    "u ok hun? Denis O Brine n de Brits r moder8n dis tred!"

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

What?

I'm taking the mickey out of some of the posts you see on R2W, AAA social media pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Detecting hostility from the reds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I live in Corbally and cycle/walk that road almost every day.

Apart from the AAA protestors at the crossroads before St. Mary's church, I haven't seen anything else goign on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

The one place I hate them protesting is on roundabouts. It's so distracting to drivers using the roundabout. It's so dangerous.

24 hours later and still no sign of OP posting the allegations. What is the point of this exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

24 hours later and still no sign of OP posting the allegations. What is the point of this exactly?

Somehow I'm beginning to think that the OP is one of those AAA protestors..

• Advertisement

The OP will not be posting what he heard/saw the protestors saying/displaying. That's not the purpose of the thread.

I wanted to see if any other Boards member saw them. They were there for well over an hour on Saturday morning. They were there when I went into town and there on my way back, which over an hour later.

So far no other Boards member seems to have seen anything.

For the record I don't know what group the protestors were representing if any. But, I am of the belief it's election related. Others may think otherwise.

seachto7 wrote: »
    I'm taking the mickey out of some of the posts you see on R2W, AAA social media pages.

Sorry mate lack of sleep had me all confused, more so the hun bit haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

The OP will not be posting what he heard/saw the protestors saying/displaying. That's not the purpose of the thread.

I wanted to see if any other Boards member saw them. They were there for well over an hour on Saturday morning. They were there when I went into town and there on my way back, which over an hour later.

So far no other Boards member seems to have seen anything.

For the record I don't know what group the protestors were representing if any. But, I am of the belief it's election related. Others may think otherwise.

Ah piss off with that scutter. If you say what they were doing or saying, people can discuss it with you.
    Go away with all this vague stuff.

I saw them. Now what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

I'm from Corbally and none of my family have seen anything of the sort btw. The last time I saw AAA was by the roundabout by SuperValu just before the election.

Where were they exactly? What times did you see them at?

Ah piss off with that scutter. If you say what they were doing or saying, people can discuss it with you.
    Go away with all this vague stuff.

I think you are confused. The purpose of the thread does not need to satisfy you in any way.

I'm from Corbally and none of my family have seen anything of the sort btw. The last time I saw AAA was by the roundabout by SuperValu just before the election.

Where were they exactly? What times did you see them at?

I don't know who the protestors were. I was hoping someone would have a better idea.

They were standing just before Scoil Ide close to the junction where you can turn down into Irish estates (town side).

*edit* My wife corrected me, it was Saturday evening around 6pm - they were at the Corbally roundabout and then later 40/50 minutes they outside Scoile Ide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I wonder if the AAA vote will go up or down at the next election. I get the feeling their anger/hysteria politics is backfiring on them and that's why they failed to get a seat in Limerick despite throwing the kitchen sink at the campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

zulutango wrote: »
    I wonder if the AAA vote will go up or down at the next election. I get the feeling their anger/hysteria politics is backfiring on them and that's why they failed to get a seat in Limerick despite throwing the kitchen sink at the campaign.

Except that Prenderville came 6th out of 4 possible seats and was only eliminated by 270 votes, which in reality means that he did very, very well. I've actually heard quite a few people say they wish they had voted for him now as they were surprised by how well he did. (A baffling sentiment, especially with the PR system.:confused:)

Tbh, I heard loads of "their hysteria is backfiring" comments about Paul Murphy before the election along with predictions that he'd never be re-elected because of it, and the guy nearly made his quota in the first round and came in 2nd in a 5 seat constituency. There seems to be a fair bit of wishful thinking getting confused with analysis when it comes to AAA. Possibly from both sides tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

iguana wrote: »
    Tbh, I heard loads of "their hysteria is backfiring" comments about Paul Murphy before the election along with predictions that he'd never be re-elected because of it, and the guy nearly made his quota in the first round and came in 2nd in a 5 seat constituency. There seems to be a fair bit of wishful thinking getting confused with analysis when it comes to AAA. Possibly from both sides tbf.

I think it has to be seen as a failure though. Prendeville and the AAA through everything at it. His cost/vote ratio must be one of the highest in the country going by the amount of posters he had up, and he had an army of people with him too and still didn't manage to get elected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

What an utterly pointless thread.

"Did you see those people protesting, they were making serious allegations about Jan O'Sullivan"

"Okay, what allegation were they making?"

"Not telling!"

Honestly, this OP clearly doesn't like the AAA people so if he/she honestly believed they were slandering O'Sullivan he/she would come out and say it as it would make them look bad. Thread should be closed down unless the OP will divulge tbh. No need for vague oninous sounding shíte without actually providing any information. What exactly did the OP hope to gain from making this thread?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement