Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spuds

Options
  • 06-03-2016 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

17 of March was the date the spuds needed to be in the ground , anybody planning to get them in by then

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

solargain wrote: »
    17 of March was the date the spuds needed to be in the ground , anybody planning to get them in by then

its not hard and fast, Ive planted them later and had a good crop

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭kyomi

solargain wrote: »

I planted mine last Saturday, but in previous years I've left it later and still had quite a good crop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I have them in trays inside the house, near the window, and they are sprouting away. They'll go out in the next few days. In previous years I planted them later but even then I thought they took too long to sprout after they were planted. Like several weeks.
    We'll see if the cold shock this time sets them back by even longer :pac:

Advertisement