Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post - International Bulk Mail Service?

Options
  • 06-03-2016 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used or heard of An Post - International Bulk Mail Service?

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Business+Customers/Our+Business+Services/International+Bulk+Mail+Service+%28IBMS%29/

There is noting disclosed as to what the volumes are that are required to avail of bulk mail discounts.

I emailed them and they didn't or wouldn't give me a straight answer and sent me the mobile number of the an post manager in my area.

I tried ringing him several times but it rings out and he does not respond to any text messages.

I find it odd and worrying the lack of transparency regarding the above. It sounds like its open to discretion as to who gets charged and at whatever price the an post manager in your area pulls out of the sky.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

It's a bit out of order that nobody has got back to you about your query but the lack of a price list wouldn't strike me as being unusual. There are lots of products and services that don't come with a set price list, this is particularly common where the product or service to be provided is subject to multiple variables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

It says "large volumes" - I'd read that as in the thousands or at the very least a few hundred per country per mailing.

Within Ireland, bulk discounts start with 200 items per mailng and then a further stage at 2000 items per mailing.

Unless you are at very least 200 per mailing to one country, I would doubt it would be for you.

These are designed for statements, company reports going to shareholders, bills etc.

Pricelist is right there on the page and a comprehensive price list can be downloaded from the link on the page too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kevin212

This is some information i had obtained some weeks ago which may be of some help

Standard IBMS
    Present items sorted
    Letters only: Minimum 1kg or 50 items per country
    Letters, large envelopes, packets: Minimum 3kg per country
    Present items unsorted
    Letters only: Minimum 2kg or 100 items per mailing
    Letters, large envelopes, packets: Minimum 5kg or 50 items per mailing
    IBMS Extra

Present items sorted
    Letters, large envelopes, packets: Minimum 40kg or 2,000 items
    Present items unsorted
    IBMS DSA (UK only)

Letters: Minimum 10kg or 500 items
    Large envelopes: Minimum 5kg or 250 items

This is some information i had obtained some weeks ago which may be of some help

Standard IBMS
    Present items sorted
    Present items unsorted
    IBMS Extra

Present items sorted
    Present items unsorted

IBMS DSA (UK only)

Standard IBMS
    Present items sorted
    Present items unsorted

IBMS Extra
    Present items sorted
    Present items unsorted

IBMS DSA (UK only)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭lightspeed

kevin212 wrote: »

Standard IBMS
    Present items sorted
    Present items unsorted

IBMS Extra
    Present items sorted
    Present items unsorted

IBMS DSA (UK only)

Thanks did you get the above from someone within an post or from their website?

When browsing on my phone i found something similar but it was a pdf report dating back to 2011 so i wasnt sure if there was any changes since then

Any idea if there is a max weight per letter? I would imagine otherwise one could try shove as much stuff in an envelope to increase the weight to reach the 10kg requirement for Uk and send well less than 500 letters.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

lightspeed wrote: »
    Thanks did you get the above from someone within an post or from their website?

When browsing on my phone i found something similar but it was a pdf report dating back to 2011 so i wasnt sure if there was any changes since then

Any idea if there is a max weight per letter? I would imagine otherwise one could try shove as much stuff in an envelope to increase the weight to reach the 10kg requirement for Uk and send well less than 500 letters.

Thanks

You say there's no transparency but almost all info is online, the only thing not online is the specific minimums which is probably company specific like every other delivery service.

If anything anpost is extremely transparent giving exact rates per country and per item and per weight.

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/PostalRates/International+Bulk+Mail+Service.htm

Advertisement