Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coinstar machines in Dublin 15

Options
  • 06-03-2016 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hello, do you guys know if there are coinstar machines located in supermarkets in D15? I have bags of coppers in the house that i want to convert and get cash for groceries and stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

Hokuto wrote: »
    Hello, do you guys know if there are coinstar machines located in supermarkets in D15? I have bags of coppers in the house that i want to convert and get cash for groceries and stuff.

Tesco in roselawn has one :) takes a percent though, I think 10%!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Theres machines in Tesco Castleknock, Clarehall, Finglas, Santry,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

00sully wrote: »
    Tesco in roselawn has one :) takes a percent though, I think 10%!

Only if you cash out. If you use it off your shopping you get 100% of the value.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Hokuto

Great, thank you all for the replies! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

I think your better off getting bags from bank, counting and organising them and bringing them to a bank. At least you're not being charged for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Hokuto wrote: »

Tesco in blanch has one

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

Eurospar in Hartstown has one too

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

athtrasna wrote: »
    Only if you cash out. If you use it off your shopping you get 100% of the value.

I tried that a couple of years ago and still got charged the 10% (9.9%).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Theres machines in Tesco Castleknock, Clarehall, Finglas, Santry,

There's a Tesco in Castleknock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

There's a Tesco in Castleknock?

Roselawn, Castleknock (As per the estate agent and developer who sold the houses 40 years ago.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Spar in waterville has one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

What sort of percentage do these take if changing coins for cash ?
    Have a load of change to get rid of and don't have the time to be counting it and bringing it to the bank.
    I used one in the Texaco garage before beside Blanch corporate park but nearly sure that was over 10% for the privilege.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've seen some taking 9% and one taking 12%, so it's worth checking a couple out to make sure you're not losing more than you need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    What sort of percentage do these take if changing coins for cash ?
    Have a load of change to get rid of and don't have the time to be counting it and bringing it to the bank.
    I used one in the Texaco garage before beside Blanch corporate park but nearly sure that was over 10% for the privilege.

9.9%. I suppose with some banks not taking in coins at certain times it might not be the worst option. There was a thread some time ago saying a branch of Bank Of Ireland in city centre didn't charge anything and had a machine on site to count, no idea which one.

http://www.coinstar.ie/FAQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Zaph wrote: »
    I've seen some taking 9% and one taking 12%, so it's worth checking a couple out to make sure you're not losing more than you need to.

Cheers
    I'll try the texaco one again and the one in waterville.
    It's not a massive amount so a percent or two won't make a massive difference.

Advertisement