Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

switching UB to PTSB

• 06-03-2016 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

What's the real benefit? I know a few people who switched but I don't see a massive difference really? I've been with UB since I was 19 and I'm 34 now and generally had no quibble with them until recently when I couldn't use my debit card to top up a prepaid MasterCard due to AVS issues., Also I had trouble using ATMs abroad with UB blocking the card half the time and me contacting them to have them telling me it wasn't blocked but then to be told by someone higher up in the food chain that it was blocked...That alone makes me want to run from them. Could have been in a bad state stuck in Asia with no access to my effing money.

What benefit am I gonna get by walking into PTSB in the morning and doing the switch? I know there is a €50 bonus which is very nice I have to say but give me some hardcore reason to do it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

What's the real benefit? I know a few people who switched but I don't see a massive difference really? I've been with UB since I was 19 and I'm 34 now and generally had no quibble with them until recently when I couldn't use my debit card to top up a prepaid MasterCard due to AVS issues., Also I had trouble using ATMs abroad with UB blocking the card half the time and me contacting them to have them telling me it wasn't blocked but then to be told by someone higher up in the food chain that it was blocked...That alone makes me want to run from them. Could have been in a bad state stuck in Asia with no access to my effing money.

What benefit am I gonna get by walking into PTSB in the morning and doing the switch? I know there is a €50 bonus which is very nice I have to say but give me some hardcore reason to do it?

Thanks

If you lodge €1500 a month, you get fee free day to day banking, which is less onerous a qualification to maintain than Ulster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

They're cheaper, but more hassle to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I switched to them two years ago because UB brought in bank charges. So far I've no regrets. I've saved myself a couple of hundred euros in bank charges and find them helpful any time I've had reason to get in contact. It's hard to avoid bank charges with most of the banks now.

Advertisement