Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Only bathroom in Attic?

• 06-03-2016 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi guys
    Hoping somebody has some advice on this...I've just bought a tiny terraced cottage and would like to convert the attic and move the only bathroom up there. it's such a tiny house that moving the bathroom up into the loft would make the kitchen big enough to sit in. Can't find any example of this being done so am just wondering if it's a really bad idea? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Katielanie wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Hoping somebody has some advice on this...I've just bought a tiny terraced cottage and would like to convert the attic and move the only bathroom up there. it's such a tiny house that moving the bathroom up into the loft would make the kitchen big enough to sit in. Can't find any example of this being done so am just wondering if it's a really bad idea? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Is the house single storey or two storey currently?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Katielanie

kceire wrote: »
    Is the house single storey or two storey currently?
    It's single storey, mid teracce former workmanship cottage with no room for extension...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Hi guys
    It's single storey, mid teracce former workmanship cottage with no room for extension...

How much head room exists in the attic?
    Is there precedence ie has another house In the terrace done this?

moving bathroom to enlarge kitchen, where will the stairs to the attic go?

BryanF wrote: »
    How much head room exists in the attic?
    Is there precedence ie has another house In the terrace done this?

moving bathroom to enlarge kitchen, where will the stairs to the attic go?
    t has been done by similar houses in the area but usually for an extra bedroom. I have never seen the only bathroom moved to an attic and I was just wondering if there was a particular reason for this... Seems like a good idea rather than moving a bedroom up there.

its a bungalow, and at the moment there is storage upstairs so I think the space is usable

t has been done by similar houses in the area but usually for an extra bedroom. I have never seen the only bathroom moved to an attic and I was just wondering if there was a particular reason for this... Seems like a good idea rather than moving a bedroom up there.

its a bungalow, and at the moment there is storage upstairs so I think the space is usable

I was thinking the stairs could work in the living room as its long and narrow and could be a good place for them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I was thinking the stairs could work in the living room as its long and narrow and could be a good place for them

Probably because in later life, it pays to have the bathroom at the same level as the bedrooms for ease of access.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Arkady

Hi guys

One problem would be if you happened to develop any mobility problems, either temporary or permanent, in the future.

Advertisement