Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer from Navy to Army

Options
  • 06-03-2016 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Just wondering what is the process for this? Is it difficult to do so? Do you have to be in the Navy/army for a certain amount of years before seeking a transfer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

When you enlist you will be told theres no chance of transferring.

Thats all im going to say about the whole transfer thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

And it's bollocks. Don't know how as I've not looked into it myself, but people can and do transfer between the branches of the service, whether by doing specific courses or otherwise. I know that certainly some courses which are open to the army such as helicopter crewman or air traffic controller will ultimately enable a transfer to the AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

I know 3 lads who transferred from the navy to the army and one who went the other way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OP you can transfer your service from the NS into the army.

But that's not answering your question fully.

I've no idea how the procedure works, but I know its easier for the likes of CIS (communications), engineers, mechanics, medics etc (ie corps pers)

Advertisement