Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund of stamp duty

Options
  • 06-03-2016 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi

I have a cheque book which I ordered probably three years ago. I have used only one cheque and realise now that I don't really require it with the advent of online payments etc..

Can I get a refund of the stamp duty paid by bringing back the cheque book into branch?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

sodabread wrote: »
    Hi

I have a cheque book which I ordered probably three years ago. I have used only one cheque and realise now that I don't really require it with the advent of online payments etc..

Can I get a refund of the stamp duty paid by bringing back the cheque book into branch?

Thanks
    Good Morning sodabread, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie, refunds of stamp duty can only be offered on full cheque books, when they are returned in branch by the account holder. If the book has been used however, then a refund will not be applicable. This cheque book can be used in future and does not expire until a cheque is filled out and dated. If you have any further queries please let me know. 

Thanks, 

Evie 

Advertisement