Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Physical symptoms after nightmares

• 07-03-2016 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Been having horrible lucid nightmares where I'm trapped, in various buildings, I know I'm asleep and just can't wake myself up. It gets to the stage where I'm basically throwing myself against the walls of the building (in the dream) in the hope that I'll hurt myself enough to wake me. They're really horrible dreams where awful things are happening.

Just woken up from this, again. And I feel really, really nauseous and am getting flashing headaches, over and over. Like a zinging sensation in my brain, happens a few times but only lasts a second each time.

Is it normal to get sick and headachey immediately after a nightmare?

I feel really crappy right now. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

I keep getting psychogenic pain after lucid nightmares. I've woken up on multiple occasions with pain in different parts of my body - toothache, pains in a surgical scar and a knee that felt like it was on fire.
    I must be half asleep because the pain doesn't worry me and I feel like I can't move. After a few minutes I go back to sleep and when I wake there is no pain whatsoever.

This has only happened in the last 2 months and I believe because I'm pregnant. It's a very strange situation I will be talking to my doctor about this week. A little research seems it isn't anything too much to worry about, pregnancy hormones and all.

Your nightmares sound stressful if you have to battle out of them. I think the doctor is the best place to go in all honesty. In the grand scheme of things pain after dreams isn't that uncommon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

If I wake out of a bad nightmare I get this terrible painful sensation all over my skin. Its very difficult to describe but its like all the nerve endings on my skin are exposed and raw and thousands of razor blades are kind of cutting me. Thats the best way I can articulate it. It only lasts about 3 minutes but is really really horrible. I have no idea why this happens.

Advertisement