Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad courses/funding

Options
  • 07-03-2016 4:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Can anyone advise me on some kind of financial assistance for postgrad? i'm unsure how bursaries and scholarships work and can't seem to find relevant info on them? are they only approved for certain courses? how likely is it i'd even get one?

I spent the last several years trying to become an art teacher, really struggled financially through college but managed to get my BA level 8 in fine art. When i started the course you only needed the BA level 7 but this was changed, then the Hdip was changed to a two year masters course, with rising rents i could never afford to live and study in dublin for 2 years, there's also been major cuts to art education so getting a full time art teaching job is pretty much impossible, it would mean working in odd subbing positions for god knows how long, for crap pay. So doing the teacher training would be a waste of time and money, im looking into doing other masters as i don't want my art degree to go to waste but everything is crazy expensive and besides contribution funding for fees (which isn't enough, it only covers a few grand of the fees) i can't seem to find any other funding.

Advertisement