Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal filings 'dust' inside mobile phone

Options
  • 07-03-2016 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Good Morning all, Not sure if I'm on the right level of boards, but I'm a bit concerned over something which leaked out of my (now ex) mobile phone. To cut a long story short, I accidentally smashed open an Alcatel OneTouch, and this silver, metal like 'dust/sand' went all over the kitchen floor. I promptly cleaned it up with a dustpan and disposed of it. However, is it something I should be worried about breathing in? You know how these things can linger in the air on a microscopic level. Sorry for the long post, I'm just a bit concerned. Many thanks - G

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

I guess it's how promptly you cleaned it up - 4 Hours - thats how long Mercury from a broken CFL Bulb for example hangs around in the room after. Theirs that + similar nasties in a phone. If you aired the room before you went at it then that would be best I suppose if you want to worry about stuff like this. Once it's cleaned up theirs no source for to linger.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0048969712009710

But lookit, you're breathing it toxic crap all day every day.

You spend 8 hours in a toxic cesspit (Bed) every night thats been sprayed with all sorts of nasty sh1t to stop it burning.

Advertisement