Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Findling landline number

Options
  • 07-03-2016 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi,

I am in the process of finishing up my Fibre broadband contract with vodafone.
    However I am unable to get my landline number, they tell me I am Fibre only so all they give me is a CLI(Customer Line Identification number) and UAN
    Can Eir give me the landline number associated with my account ? I have a UAN and CLI .
    I need the landline number to switch to other suppliers

Thanks
    F

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭framework123

Hi,

I am in the process of finishing up my Fibre broadband contract with vodafone.
    However I am unable to get my landline number, they tell me I am Fibre only so all they give me is a CLI(Customer Line Identification number) and UAN
    Can Eir give me the landline number associated with my account ? I have a UAN and CLI .
    I need the landline number to switch to other suppliers

Thanks
    F
    bump! any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Stick a wired phone into a socket and ring yourself on your mobile?

Stick a wired phone into a socket and ring yourself on your mobile?
    tried. get a dialtone but cant ring out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭12Phase

Plug in a phone and dial 199000.
    If the line's active, the exchange will read back your phone number.

Even if you don't have a landline service, if there's a dial tone at all, it will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What you're calling a CLI is a CRN, it IS your phone number. 

• Advertisement

12Phase wrote: »
    Plug in a phone and dial 199000.
    If the line's active, the exchange will read back your phone number.

Even if you don't have a landline service, if there's a dial tone at all, it will work.
    I tried that too..I hear a dialtone but got nothing back when dialled..I have vodafone fibre broadband 

As far as I know, they still connect you through to a port on the exchange for voice service even if you don't have it active, so you'll usually have a dial tone, you just won't be able to call anyone other than 199000 to read back the associated number.

CRN = Circuit Reference No, still basically a phone number, just without voice service.

CRN = Circuit Reference No, still basically a phone number, just without voice service.
    Ya but the crn they gave me starts with 088 etc...where i am number would be something like 064 66 3XXXX

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ya but the crn they gave me starts with 088 etc...where i am number would be something like 064 66 3XXXX
    Nope

Calling services aren't active for you so your phone number is 888x- instead of an area STD code. This is normal and its all the new provider needs. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi framework123,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you have a broadband only account there would no land line number associated with this. There would usually be a standalone broadband number associated with this. These would usually start 888 and should be listed on your bill.

Pamela 

Advertisement