Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mothers Day Flowers

Options
  • 07-03-2016 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Ok so the short version is that I ordered some flowers online to be delivered for Mothers Day (yesterday) - they ended up arriving at 6.30 pm that evening.

Do you think this is reasonable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Technically they were delivered Mother's Day.

Reasonable? - absolutely not, I'd be looking for a partial refund. I think you'll find though that they have their collective asses covered in their T&Cs, it would just be goodwill to give it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Finelli wrote: »
    Ok so the short version is that I ordered some flowers online to be delivered for Mothers Day (yesterday) - they ended up arriving at 6.30 pm that evening.

Do you think this is reasonable?

I do and I dont. Its reasonable in they delivered on mothers day but id still highlight your disappointment at the late arrival

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

When were they ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Finelli

Funny you should say that - I called them at about 3pm yesterday to find out where the delivery was.

A very curt lady on the phone told me all the drivers were "out" so she could not track the delivery.

She stated that under their terms of contract the delivery could be anytime from 8.30 am to 6pm (so technically they did not deliver in time) and to call back after that time if the flowers were still not delivered.
    She said there would still be somebody there taking calls.

Of course I called at 6pm to get their "closed for business" recording

I promptly emailed them looking for a refund - then got a text from my mother at 6.40 saying the flowers had just arrived

I'm just wondering whether to pursue this further or to save myself the aggravation of getting into it with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Finelli

When were they ordered?

Friday the 4th - I paid extra for Sunday delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

They failed on two counts, Delivery time & service, at the very least I'd be expecting the extra payment back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

OU812 wrote: »
    They failed on two counts, Delivery time & service, at the very least I'd be expecting the extra payment back

Not really.

Ordered Friday - quite late to be ordering, probably load of orders that came in early, store trying to do all deliveries themselves (not an easy job) as no couriers work on Sundays. Everyone of course wants delivery on Sunday.

At the end of the day, what harm was done. OP's mother still loves him/her, she got the flowers which I assume were nice. Is it really worth aggravation and taking away from a nice bunch of flowers to get a fiver refund and in any case Op did not ask for and neither was promised a Sunday morning delivery.

Mum got flowers, Mum happy. That's what matters.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Unless they committed to delivery by a certain time on Mothers day then it doesn't matter if it was delivered at 3pm, 3pm or 8pm, it was still delivered on Mothers day if the company allows delivery's to run that late. Check if the company commits to delivery before a specific time.

Advertisement