Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 7-3-2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

martyos121 wrote: »
    Goodfellas do one too. It. Is. Vile.

I've had chocolate pizza in Brazil...it's pretty amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I've had chocolate pizza in Brazil...it's pretty amazing!

Ah everything's better in Brazil, some place it is.

Heel Jericho, welcome back you absolute legend! About time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

It's cool to see Jericho back as a heel and I didn't think that tag team was the best use of Jericho or Styles. That said we've seen Styles vs Jericho three times so I'm still hoping for a fresh feud for both come WrestleMania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

martyos121 wrote: »
    Heel Jericho, welcome back you absolute legend! About time too.

I'm not that blown away by it myself for me Jericho has been well past his best since the Mysterio feud back In 2009 imo.

The only two matches for me worth watching at WM 32 right now is Owens vs Zayn and the triple threat Diva match.

I've seen AJ/Y2J enough already, I feel AJ deserves better maybe a match with Nakamura. This isn't Y2J of 2008, he should stick to his podcast which his best work is at these days. Lesnar ain't losing to Ambrose and Reigns is winning over HHH. Taker/Shane could be a total mess but in a good way. Everything else will be filler.

But I can't wait for Owens/Zayn and they better give them time too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Looper007 wrote: »
    But I can't wait for Owens/Zayn and they better give them time too.

I'm genuinely worried they'll be given the pre show match.

A fairly substandard Raw this week. They're really beginning to suck the life out of the Shane Taker match already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Another bunch of shíte.

Ambrose proving again that he should be in Reigns' spot against HHH at Wrestlemania.

I still have no idea why Undertaker is fighting Shane. And now they're trying to make out Shane is some sort of Austin equal. Give me a break.

Reigns continues to be off TV to build up a Wrestlemania main event. Mental. It's pathetic that this is the only way they know to try and keep him from being booed, and to try and get a pop when he comes out next. Pathetic.

You can see Lana is shíte in the ring just from the one move. Just keep her as a valet. Why must everyone fúcking wrestle?

Owens v Zayn will be (obviously) awesome.

Jericho as heel is better than being face, but I still don't want him on my TV anymore, and AJ is utterly wasted in that feud still.

RAW is just a bad show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I find it hilarious that they have so little faith in their own Mania main event, they've basically decided to book another PPV so they don't have to write a six week story around it. They're calling it a "Network Special", but treating it like a full PPV show, including letting it close the show two weeks in a row (whereas most of these specials have barely warranted more than a mid-show promo).

Whats sad is they obviously know that there's not much interest in Reigns/HHH, they can tell the crowd want Ambrose in that spot, but instead of injecting him into the main event (which, dont get me wrong, would be ridiculous at this stage cause it would be repeating history verbatim), they seem to be hoping that this match will get it all out of the crowds system. Issue will be next week, when they resume the Reigns program, the crowd will still not want to see Reigns!

Why, oh why, do they constantly fight against crowd reactions? No other TV show has a live audience telling, pleading with, them and saying "This is the guy we'll spend money to see!", and they respond "**** off, this is the guy we're pushing, whether you like him or not".

As for Shane/Taker, I'm still ok with the match, but I feel that this week, much like last week, was a misstep; rather than pushing Shane as a massive, massive underdog against the legend of the Undertaker, they seem to want to push Shane as some sort of legendary fighter himself; fearless, able to beat up 4 guys at once, and barely any trepidation about fighting The ****ing Undertaker, at Wrestlemania, INSIDE HELL IN A CELL! Its the utterly wrong direction to be going.

Upside, the undercard looks really solid; Sami/Owens, the Divas Triple Threat and AJ/Jericho will be great matches. Brock/Ambrose is on a backburner, but thats necessitated by Brock's part time schedule, and at least the Reigns issue means Ambrose doesn't just have to cut promos to thin air for 6 weeks.

So yeah, undercard looking good, but serious missteps and problems with the main events right now...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm genuinely surprised that Sami appeared this close to Wrestlemania, and not on the Raw after it just cause it feels like short notice, and designed to placate the audience a bit. Not that I'm complaining, I was hoping Owens would hold on to the IC title until Zayn came up to the main roster so they could feud for it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I think Big Show got injured on a house show over the weekend so they probably had to change their plans for Owens.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pentecost wrote: »
    I think Big Show got injured on a house show over the weekend so they probably had to change their plans for Owens.

Thank god for that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Y2AJ vs the New Day ruled. Could watch AJ and Kofi wrestle for hours. Post match was predictable but was well done. Jericho got a good amount of heat which surprised me. Kind of annoyed the feud is continuing but whatever, they should have a good match at Mania.

Ambrose continues to prove what we all know. Nothing more needs to be said. HHH selling the DDT like absolute death was great.

El Generico vs Kevin Steen could, and probably will happen infront of 90,000+ people. Think about that for a moment.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    El Generico vs Kevin Steen could, and probably will happen infront of 90,000+ people. Think about that for a moment.

Wonder if WWE will be able to get the rights to any of their pre-WWE matches; a video package showing their history together could be amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Zayn is scheduled for nxt Dallas so im wondering will he be on Mania, but im sure he could do both like Sasha at summerslam

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Zayn is scheduled for nxt Dallas so im wondering will he be on Mania, but im sure he could do both like Sasha at summerslam

Sami is expected to wrestle at Mania, according to Meltzer. Falconarrow leaked it as well I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Feed me Seymour

I haven't watched Raw since end of last year when I got rid of the sports channel, but I still have the network. Just wondering, what are the chances of ambrose actually winning the belt on sat night? It would make sense for lesner to interfere and suddenly hit hhh, because then his match with ambrose is for the belt. It would certainly save face for wwe rather than reigns getting booed out of the building again in the main event.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd rate the chances as being somewhere between slim, and non-existent. It would be a massive shock, and I'd love it, but it's just not something I can actually see happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yup. it makes perfect sense and would probably draw a few more buys and would save them from having the loudest booes to ever close a Wrestlemania. Not a hope in hell it happens though.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

It no going to happen but it would be great. You could have Dean against Brock as you main event for WM 32. Big Brock up as the "1 in 21-1" how he hasn't been beaten "clean" since then and how his destroyed Dean in every encounter. Build Dean as the underdog. You can still have HHH Vs. Roman. With maybe Roman losing and it leading to a heel turn. Of course Roman heel turn has become the new "cena heel turn" as the thing internet fans say to fix the company.

I haven't watched Raw since end of last year when I got rid of the sports channel, but I still have the network. Just wondering, what are the chances of ambrose actually winning the belt on sat night? It would make sense for lesner to interfere and suddenly hit hhh, because then his match with ambrose is for the belt. It would certainly save face for wwe rather than reigns getting booed out of the building again in the main event.

Nil.

• Advertisement

It no going to happen but it would be great. You could have Dean against Brock as you main event for WM 32. Big Brock up as the "1 in 21-1" how he hasn't been beaten "clean" since then and how his destroyed Dean in every encounter. Build Dean as the underdog. You can still have HHH Vs. Roman. With maybe Roman losing and it leading to a heel turn. Of course Roman heel turn has become the new "cena heel turn" as the thing internet fans say to fix the company.

Would have Reigns win, and decisively. Sets him up for a match vs Ambrose then. Have Reigns absolutely demolish HHH so the crowd feel sympathy for HHH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

As Vince song says NO CHANCE IN HELL!!!

Ambrose is only getting these shots at Lesnar and HHH cause they have no else decent enough to face them. Orton and Cesaro would have been my number one choices for Lesnar both are crocked. Aside from Ambrose who else could Lesnar had face that people would have been interested in. Plus Ambrose is been used to get Reigns some cheers, which won't work of course.

I feel bad for Ambrose, he's not the greatest in ring talent but he is somewhat over and deserves a crack with the Title.

So Dolph cut this promo backstage after Raw last night:

Why the hell is it when he steps through the ropes, he can't speak half as well as that? If the fans in attendance could see that side of him more often, he might actually get over again.

Can't see him getting another main event run though, he's not half as good as he thinks he is IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hes still battling the authority.... is this november 2014?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This one's for you, Chicago...

RyFePtU.jpg

I love The Big Guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

ryback rulez !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was the crowd sleeping? Shane set up an opportunity and they didn't use it. He said the line about guys with no talent getting all the pushes and no one chanted Reigns' name.

So is Lana fighting Brie at Mania? A better match will probably be pushed to the preshow so they can fight on the main show.

What's the card for Saturday now?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was the crowd sleeping? Shane set up an opportunity and they didn't use it. He said the line about guys with no talent getting all the pushes and no one chanted Reigns' name.

So is Lana fighting Brie at Mania? A better match will probably be pushed to the preshow so they can fight on the main show.

What's the card for Saturday now?

I can't see Lana/Brie getting on the main show, if anything I think they'll announce it for Roadblock. I've never seen her wrestle but I'm guessing Lana is going to make Eva Marie look like Kurt Angle by comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

J. Marston wrote: »
    I can't see Lana/Brie getting on the main show, if anything I think they'll announce it for Roadblock. I've never seen her wrestle but I'm guessing Lana is going to make Eva Marie look like Kurt Angle by comparison.

could be worse

CNjrwrWWgAIejly.jpg

• Advertisement

could be worse

CNjrwrWWgAIejly.jpg

MINUS 5 STARS.

Advertisement