Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excessive wait for new customer

Options
  • 07-03-2016 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hi Eir,

I signed up as a new customer on 16/02/16. I was informed on 19/02/16 that installation was booked for 04/03/16. My UPC contract lapsed on 22/02/16. That was fine initially as the installation date was 04/03/16. I took the day off work to ensure someone was there for installation. KN Networks arrived on said date to install but couldn't install as they needed to reconnect cable into black box that resides on neighbours house. They could not get contact with neighbour so said they couldn't do anything. Was told I would need to contact Eir to reschedule a new installation. I said fair enough as was expecting to be able to get a new date the following week by which time I would have garnered approval from neighbour to allow installer to run cable from their house. Contacted Eir and to my disbelief was told that the earliest date for reschedule was 24/03/16. Rep said we may be seen before then but could not give guarantee. 

I'm seriously considering cancelling this before it's even been installed. Clearly this is an excessive amount of time for a new customer to be waiting to be set up. I'd appreciate if someone could look into this for me with a view to expediting the installation. Another 17 days without tv or internet is just not acceptable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ellen Parsons

eioneill wrote: »
    Hi Eir,

I signed up as a new customer on 16/02/16. I was informed on 19/02/16 that installation was booked for 04/03/16. My UPC contract lapsed on 22/02/16. That was fine initially as the installation date was 04/03/16. I took the day off work to ensure someone was there for installation. KN Networks arrived on said date to install but couldn't install as they needed to reconnect cable into black box that resides on neighbours house. They could not get contact with neighbour so said they couldn't do anything. Was told I would need to contact Eir to reschedule a new installation. I said fair enough as was expecting to be able to get a new date the following week by which time I would have garnered approval from neighbour to allow installer to run cable from their house. Contacted Eir and to my disbelief was told that the earliest date for reschedule was 24/03/16. Rep said we may be seen before then but could not give guarantee. 

I'm seriously considering cancelling this before it's even been installed. Clearly this is an excessive amount of time for a new customer to be waiting to be set up. I'd appreciate if someone could look into this for me with a view to expediting the installation. Another 17 days without tv or internet is just not acceptable.
    If I was you I would.  Had a similar issue and was finally given an installation date of the 18th March which would have left us without service for over two weeks, wasn't really feasible as we are a heavily internet dependent family and I had to go crawling back to Virgin!!! What was the final nail though was when I called Eir to cancel my order and was told it already had been cancelled! Go figure! 

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

OP your mistake was cancelling one ISP before the other had been installed and activated.  

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

ED E wrote: »
    OP your mistake was cancelling one ISP before the other had been installed and activated.  
    Yes but hindsight is a great thing Ed. I was prepared to be without for a short time and was not prepared to pay my existing ISP another €100 for an extra months subscription.

I was informed by an online Eir rep and have the chat transcript that it can take up to 10 working days for Installation. That's well on target :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi eioneill,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid UPC infrastructure would not be the same as eir and a new installation would be required on site.
    The level of work involved will vary depending and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary and unfortunately for each appointment a standard lead time of up to 10 working days will apply.

Pamela 

Hi eioneill,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid UPC infrastructure would not be the same as eir and a new installation would be required on site.
    The level of work involved will vary depending and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary and unfortunately for each appointment a standard lead time of up to 10 working days will apply.

Pamela 
    Thanks for the response. Can you point me in the right direction for cancelling before it's been installed please?

• Advertisement

I'm sorry to hear this. You can speak with the cancellations team on 1901 eioneill,

Pamela 

I'm presuming that number can only be called from an Eir phone? Have you got a proper number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

eioneill wrote:
    I'm presuming that number can only be called from an Eir phone? Have you got a proper number?

Make sure you take dates and times of your calls to avoid any issues in the future. They are horrendously bad when it comes to cancellations.

You can contact this number from any phone eioneill,

Pamela 

Cool no hassles. Well thanks for your responses Pamela.

Regards
    E

• Advertisement

No problem E :)

Pamela 

Advertisement