Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odeon Ripping Off and Discriminating against Dubliners?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

spurious wrote: »
    I go on Wednesdays for a fiver.

I've done that a few times, but try avoid times when the place is going to be filled with teenagers who have no interest in the film and ruin it for others. Notice the pre screen warnings tell people to keep their phone off, because the light can distract others who want to see the movie and not someones facebook feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

If you join do you get to go to a variety of different cinemas in Dublin vs just the one local if there is one near you outside of Dublin?
    So for 22 in Dublin you can see film x at a variety of times and locations vs someone in Limerick who can see film x at only the times in the one location in Limerick?

If that's true then the OP is ridiculous if your tied to one cinema in Dublin then fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Don't know if it's been mentioned but anyway - let's say you're not from Dublin and you get the one for €19.99 to use locally, then one day you're in Dublin and you decide why not catch a movie while you're there. How do they work out what extra fee per movie you pay because you're trying to use your €19.99 card in a Dublin cinema? Seems ridiculous, should be one price for all.

(In saying that I won't be getting one anyways so I don't give a toss).

Balmed Out wrote: »
    If you join do you get to go to a variety of different cinemas in Dublin vs just the one local if there is one near you outside of Dublin?
    So for 22 in Dublin you can see film x at a variety of times and locations vs someone in Limerick who can see film x at only the times in the one location in Limerick?

If that's true then the OP is ridiculous if your tied to one cinema in Dublin then fair point.

The Dublin package lets you use any Odeon in the ROI (but they do say they can remove cinemas from the offer).

The other package excludes all Dublin cinemas.

So, they replied to my email and it all makes sense.

Dear Goz,

Thank you for your email.

The Limitless price reflects the cinema ticket prices. Although each ODEON has different ticket prices, they are, already typically dearer in Dublin. Limitless charges one flat rate regardless of cinema. Limitless has to reflect the differing ticket prices, or those outside Dublin would be paying way over the odds.

Regards,

<A...snip>
    ODEON Limitless Team

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Sit at the front and get even more screen size for your money!

I bring my opera glasses to get an even closer look at the action.

• Advertisement

chops018 wrote: »
    Don't know if it's been mentioned but anyway - let's say you're not from Dublin and you get the one for €19.99 to use locally, then one day you're in Dublin and you decide why not catch a movie while you're there. How do they work out what extra fee per movie you pay because you're trying to use your €19.99 card in a Dublin cinema? Seems ridiculous, should be one price for all.

(In saying that I won't be getting one anyways so I don't give a toss).

You cant pay a supplement if you are on the €19.99 deal. You are excluded. Though the rep who replied atleast made clear enough sense of it. Still, a single price would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

goz83 wrote: »
    You cant pay a supplement if you are on the €19.99 deal. You are excluded. Though the rep who replied atleast made clear enough sense of it. Still, a single price would be great.

So if you had the €19.99 one you can't use it in Dublin, and you have to pay full price for a ticket?

They really made a balls of this.

chops018 wrote: »
    So if you had the €19.99 one you can't use it in Dublin, and you have to pay full price for a ticket?

They really made a balls of this.

Correct. And you also can't upgrade your membership (or downgrade for that matter) within the first 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭bilbot79

If you have limitless do you still earn points for popcorn etc?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

bilbot79 wrote: »
    If you have limitless do you still earn points for popcorn etc?

Yes. You still need to use your odeon loyalty card to get points though.

• Advertisement

You're looking at it the wrong way.

21.99 is the price for all the cinemas in the country.

19.99 is the price for all the cinemas in 25 counties.

You get more cinemas for an extra €2.

If you want the extra cinema availability you can have it. At a cost of €2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Maybe the OP might change the defamatory thread title.

I don't think the ? At the end mitigates the false claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Word to the wise my friend, they're the ones being ripped off. The culchie cinemas are actually a bunch of plastic deckchairs in front of an old 24" TV in the parish hall, you're getting a state of the art multiplex in cosmopolitan Dublin for just €2 extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

BMJD wrote: »
    Word to the wise my friend, they're the ones being ripped off. The culchie cinemas are actually a bunch of plastic deckchairs in front of an old 24" TV in the parish hall, you're getting a state of the art multiplex in cosmopolitan Dublin for just €2 extra.

I hear Odeon Waterford is currently screening Jaws II.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

The offer is either with Dublin which is 10 cinemas a dig you live in Dublin is 5 within 20miles
    Or without Dublin which is 5 cinemas and if you live within 20 miles of one of those you don't live within 20 mile of a second
    But it 10 or 5 cinemas and the price difference is only 10%
    So in fact it's surprisingly good value

I don't work for Oden

Advertisement